Hannah's Weight Loss Journey

Hi han, long time no speak but just saying hello im always here. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm back. Don't know if anyone is even following this thread anymore haha! Good news and bad news. Good news is I've got a job. Better paid than the last one I was made redundant from and quite a senior post too! Bad news is my dad has been in hospital for 6 weeks with severe sepsis. He shouldn't have survived an infection that bad and it looked like he wouldn't at one point. But he's a fighter and has got over it. Unfortunately he's lost his sight too. So he's now got terminal cancer, is newly blind and has no feeling in his fingers from one of his old chemo treatments. We tried audio books cos he can't read now but he can't find the right buttons on the player so ended up fast forwarding it to a random point instead of playing it. Then he thew it on the floor in anger and frustration. Another hurdle to overcome. He came out for a week and is now back in with an ear infection. I suspect the rest of his time left will be spent in and out of hospital with various infections.

Anyway. I'm at the hospital at the moment. I'm going to update my weights etc and my ticker later this evening and try my best to shift this fat! I've put loads back on (though I think I'm just short of my rejoin weight in January). Life gets in the way of slimming sometimes but I shall not be defeated!

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Looks like you've had a hectic few months. Been with family is important. Pleased you are back!

It's fab you've found a job:D

Hi Hannah, Here to subscribe. Sorry to hear about your dad, it must be so difficult for you. I've just started reading your diary (currently on page 15) and am loving the recipes. x

Not updated my weights etc yet, need to get my book out the car. Off to the hospital in a bit for visiting. Instead of visiting Costa for a skinny hot chocolate I will be taking a bottle of water with me. Having watermelon for brunch (only just got up so a bit late for breakfast!). Going to the pictures later. Normally have an ice cream sundae but I'm taking a bag of sweet and salted popcorn from Tesco. I can't remember the make but I had a bag last night and it came out at 6.5 syns on the syns app (much less than cinema popcorn, and certainly less than a 3 scoop sundae). Then going to my mums for left over stew for dinner. Going to try to be a good girl today! Hope you guys all have a good day.

Yay... im so glad your back ive missed you. :) big hug. Its funny i thought of you when i see the orange liquer yesterday.X
So sorry about the crap dads going through thats so upsetting especially when he is fighting so hard to live for as long as possible. Its difficult times but your being a great daughter and must keep strong for mum too.
Im in cyprus at the moment, been completely off plan for months but still reading posting and hoping to get my head in that right place at some point. Think i may actually be ready to begin again when i come home. Ive beat the Anti deppressants they are now dead and buried so one hurdle has been overcome.
Anyway Hannah i will have a good catch up with you soon. Big hug take care. Xxx

Great news about the antidepressants - you must be pleased about that. Hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Since dad is now back home hopefully I can get back on track a bit. I still have to pop round to their house some evenings, I just need to make sure half of the meals for the week are quick ones. I also need to make sure I sort my daily syns out a bit. I normally plan each day of the week (day 1, day 2 etc) , and then in the morning pick which day's menu I'm gonna do. That won't work now as if I decide to do day 1 that morning, say that contains 8 syns during the day, if my dinner only has 2 that's fine, but if I get a call to say I need to help with dad, and then end up having a quick meal that is 7 syns, that's no good knows that make sense?!). So I need to set a fixed syn allowance for daytime, and a fixed syn allowance for evening. Say 5 or 6 each. That way, if all evening food doesn't go over that, and all daytime food doesn't go over that, then I should be within my limits whether I have to go to mum and dads or not. That sounds complicated, gonna have to super plan!

Weighed myself today and am back to where I started in January. So have decided at group tomorrow I'm gona rejoin and start from scratch. Otherwise I just feel like I'm chasing old targets like trying to get BACK to my half stone award, and then BACK to my stone award before I feel like I'm actually starting to make any further progress again.

So tomorrow is a new start to my (what feels like never ending) weight loss journey. I can only hope it goes better than last time but I know lots of things with dad will get in the way again. I just have to try and manage as best as I can. It doesn't help when my husband sits there eating crisps, doughnuts and chocolate. If he didn't have me cooking for him he'd have an even worse diet (add pizza and maccies to the mix!). It annoys me he's not fat. Though he's starting to get a small tummy - the kind of size I'd like to have at my target weight though!

Hi Hannah, Here to subscribe. Sorry to hear about your dad, it must be so difficult for you. I've just started reading your diary (currently on page 15) and am loving the recipes. x

Welcome to my thread Bexi100 by the way. I have a recipe thread too where I put my favourites that I do over and over again.

Gee mate, thats going to take mega planning! I remember an old consultant of mine used to say it didnt matter when your 24hours started eg if you wanted it could be at 6pm that way your syns and whichever plan you did was to the next days 6pm. That way if you know what youve had at your parents you can work it out the following day. Would that help?
As for hubby it will catch up one day. My hubby has been 11.9 since ive known him (19years) this year its really piling on and he hadnt completely realised til holiday. He's distraught he is 13.2 now. For a man that could eat what he wanted before he is really struggling to get his head round a diet!
Anyway mate good luck if your restarting i have too as im now heavier than my January weight but really cant afford a class so im going it alone again. (With hubs)

That's a good idea. Hadn't thought of that. I could start my day at 4.30 after work and run it until 4.30 the following day. That way if I have to go round to my mum n dad's and end up having more syns than I'd planned, I can just have less the following morning. Thanks Bubble! Makes planning much easier that way, but will still take a bit of getting used to I think!

Rejoined at group yesterday. 14st 12lb. So 1.5lb less than when I started in January but that's life for you. At least it's not in the 15s which I really didn't want. When I first started slimming world I was in the 16 stones so at least it has averaged out at half a stone a year since I've been doing it. It's a dead easy plan to stick to providing you have time to plan. Just not had chance lately - I've not done a weekly shop since June! I've just been nipping to the little Tesco corner shop for bits of the way home from hospital.

I don't care how slow this weight comes off so long as it does. 1/2 a pound a week would still be nearly 2 stone in a year which would be fab.

Onwards and downwards!

Morning! Great attitude mate. Wishing you a happy sunday. X

Sweetierufus your last post says it's from 01/01/1970! If you've mastered the art of time travel, can you go back to 2002 and tell my 18 year old self who is about to go to uni, don't eat lots of pizzas, crisps and takeaways and start getting into bad habits with rubbish food? Take my "fat picture" with you as proof of what 2 years of that diet can do! That way I can wake up tomorrow thin!

Love it.:D

Sweetierufus your last post says it's from 01/01/1970! If you've mastered the art of time travel, can you go back to 2002 and tell my 18 year old self who is about to go to uni, don't eat lots of pizzas, crisps and takeaways and start getting into bad habits with rubbish food? Take my "fat picture" with you as proof of what 2 years of that diet can do! That way I can wake up tomorrow thin!

I'd pass the same message to myself!;)
And tell myself to stop eating pizza followed by a bar of chocolate for afters!

Yesterday was a good day. For brunch (I had a lie in so it was 11.30am) I has spaghetti hoops on toast (hexb) followed by an apple. I had a hifi bar mid afternoon (6 syns) and for tea I had spag bol made with ex lean mince, tinned tomatoes and packed with super finely chopped onion, green pepper, mushrooms, carrot, celery (it's in my favourite recipe thread) and topped with grated cheese (hex a). I drank water and some Fanta zero. Then had a freddo - yum! Can't remember how many syns they are but they're 5 or 6 so I had 11 or 12 syns in total so a good day.

How was work? Hope it went ok first week back is always hard. X

Back