Happy & focused on 14 stone in 2016

AliGal

Eating meat
So pleased to find you are back MiniMins. Thank you for reopening. I found regular blogging really helpful.

I've been thinking about how to title this thread as I'll be using it to track my progress from 20 stone to 14 stone this year. In 2017, I will decide if I will maintain at 14 stone (size 14-16 for me) or go on to 11 or 12 stone.

I'm back having lost more than 8 stone and then accreting 6 stone back on - 2 stone a year. That's less than 2.5lbs a month - so maybe a couple of hundred calories too much or exercise too little and how fast it has accumulated. I just let it slip back on without massive action to reverse.

I could make excuses about life and the universe, my feelings of depression, my husband's illness and bereavement. However that's not really the point. I didn't continue to weigh daily, eat consciously to a plan and blog frequently when I phased off. I needed the same focus that sustained me during the shedding phase.

It's clear to me now that it's essential I choose to weigh in every day, blog my journey here and then do the same when I am at goal. That daily focus will keep me there.

Topping 20 stone has spurred me into action. I at last talked about it with my husband who was sweetly kind. He praised me for being back on track. I thought he'd be angry and dismissive of my decision to use VLCD again. Instead he was supportive and kind. He noted how committed I am when I get up to go to work 4-5am even when I'm not well or really tired. He asked me if there's anything we have in the house that we should stop buying or he should hide.

His comment about my strong discipline was really helpful. I do have strong discipline. It helped me to think about that and how I can transfer that into getting in shape and staying there.

Since I was last shedding, I have learnt a great deal about gratitude, affirmations and attraction. I journal daily and share my business related journal with my colleagues. For me, that's now an essential part of my journey. I've created a clear picture of the new me as a reality and am thinking about it daily? So there'll be more of that here.

I am so grateful for my life. I live a good life with my DH. I love my small dog. I have some good friends even though not near where we live. My mum is in good health at 89 yrs old, my sister is getting the help she needs with her medical problems post surgery and my other sister is well too. I miss the sister I lost last year - and cherish her memory.

I have established my business - and am focused on growing that. I love working with my clients. They are getting great results. So I am excited that as it grows, I'll be working with more great people.

This journey is not just about weight. It's about living well and growing a good business.

It's also about sorting out the paperwork and junk squirrelled away at home. Living the FlyLady way. Clean sorted and lovely - like an upmarket B&B. I am committed to creating and maintaining new habits which support that order and loveliness.

Work wise, I am committed to doubling my sales by 31 December so I can provide financial security for DH and myself and we can share some lovely holidays watching wildlife and me swimming in the sun.

Weight wise, I am 100% committed to loosing 83lbs and weighing 14 stone by 31 December so I have more energy and health and live a long and happy life.

Then I'll make decision about maintaining at 14 stone which is size 14-16 for me, or continuing down in 2017 to 11 or 12 stone.

I am one week into my new VLCD regime. So look forward sharing the journey here with you lovely guys.

Ali

PS wow! I posted this and saw my old ticker. I am still 29lbs down from when I started ( and actually more than 30lb as I was already on the way when came on here so I now feel really good that I'm rebooting and didn't completed go back to the start. Yea!

Good Luck Ali not that you need it, what a Lovely post! you sound really ready and motivated so Im sure all your goals will be achieved this year and more!

Have a great week!

S x

Ali it is tough when you lose a beloved sister. I lost my beautiful sister 12 years ago and there is not a day goes by that she is not missed...

That was a lovely surprise with your old ticker:)

You sound so positive and driven I have no doubt you will be at goal by 31st December. I already feel your energy jumping off your post!

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Sorted for the week ahead. Just filled up my water containers for a long day on the road for a meeting. im a daily weighed and am now 1lb more down making 5lb in full first week, which wasn't 100%. So here's to 100% conscious on plan this week.

A really busy week so back online today. Before sorting out some paperwork whilst watching the first episode of Hell on Wheels on amazon prime!

So I did a good job this week - a minor diversion of a microwaved poppadom last night and one or two mind not engaged tastes while cooking DH's meals. As I was on site with clients 3 days this week, I'm proud that I made and took salads for lunchtime. My VLCD has salads and very low carb veggies in it. That's nice - as it means I eat. so feel normal.

I've reconnected online with the lovely ladies I did vlcd with in 2012 - that's been nice too.

So I'm ticking down a bit on the lbs - and am 5lbs above my weight last Sept. I'll shift that in the next 2-4 weeks so feel I'm really underway.

Today, I have eaten chicken - decided that was OK. I am on a long journey downwards and don't want to end up with a lower metabolism at the end. Tomorrow is my quarterley challenge weigh in - so we shall see!

Strange days recently. Been eating salad at lunchtimes and using my vlcds. Which delightfully with autocorrect became vices!

I had a birthday weekend last week and this weekend, a very smart work event with a black tie dinner cooked by the best local chefs - so reversed some losses and am 3lbs up. However that was a specific choice.

I am now rebooted (again) and have had my breakfast shake today. My plan is 5 sachets a day plus lunchtime and evenings very low carb veggies and salads with a portion higher carb veggies such as tomatoes, and some oil and vinegar or lemon. It suits me well - so refocused and onwards. I've been taking my salads to work ( different places most days). There is never very long between one sachet and the next so I know I can stay on track now for the week until next Sunday.

Good luck with your goals hun you sound V focused :) xxxx

Back