Happy

Thanks everyone!!

So I weighed today after all the festivities and I've lost a pound this week!! Very happy :)

First thing I made when I got home was my Swiss roll!!

Philly cheese steak made for dinner this evening followed by a nice slice of cake..happy days :))

Well done on losing another pound:happy096:

Oh I'm really not sure but can't see how. For all intents and purposes this is a sponge cake with fresh cream!!

Deffo not toastable and dry frying would make it go a bit like a crispy omelette - you're basically relying on the texture of the whipped whites to make it cakey - I posted a slightly altered version & pics in my diary a while ago, Susie.

Wow! That really is an amazing post, its 'bum kicked' me into making sure I carry on and stick to it. It does get easier as time goes on, albeit I am right at the start AGAIN! I do actually like doing Atkins, once you get your head around it, it is pretty easy! Well done, that is fab. x

Thanx for your inspiring thread! I fell off the atkins wagon since my stepdaughters wedding 2 weeks ago, and after feeling sluggish, tired and bloated am now back with renewed vigour! Your post was just what I was looking for!

Ye congrats I hope I can get any where near that kind of weight loss in 6 weeks!

Enjoy the Stone Roses, cant believe they actually got back together! I saw them back in the nineties just before they broke up, I must say they were not good worn out and tried by that point no doubt.
Have a good en!

Thanks everyone.

Lost 4.5lbs since!! This is amazing :)

You are doing brilliantly! A great inspiration.:D Do you have a food diary, or can you give an idea of what you eat?

That is truely inspirational!!
The photos r amazing, you must be soooo proud of yourself, and rightly so
j x

Hi all, thank you for your kind words!!

A typical day for me would be as follows:

Breakfast: a slice or 2 of 'Swiss roll' or 2 boiled eggs with a rasher (if I have time!)

Lunch: carvery roast served with plate of cabbage with about 4 pats of butter or a pile of tuna, leaves chopped peppers scallions and drenched in Mayo. (and I do mean slathered!!)
Lately I've taken to buying the M&S Greek salad pot (it's yum and super low plus no nasties) and I pair that with 2 packs of their sliced Angus roast beef! Fast food lol!

Dinner: rib eye steak soaked in oil then placed on a scalding dry pan. Served with Fauxtatoes made with liberal amounts of butter cream and some cheese. I serve all this with a mushroom cream sauce. (mushrooms sautéed in butter then pour about 30mls of cream (enough for one) in and get to almost boil, grind loads of pepper in and just a sprinkle of cheese (helps thicken) take cooked steak off pan to rest and tip your sauce into that pan to take on the meat juices. Pour over your steak and serve the lot!!

Snacks: Swiss roll, the odd endulge bar, or some cheese.

As you can see..fats form a Huge amount of my eating!!

I don't think I'll ever be happy with a sirloin or fillet again now I'm used to ribeye!!

They look great! Lot of hassle though....I may experiment :) I use her cauli purée recipe for my Fauxtatoes and it's amazing.

Yeah the Greek salad is basically little cubes of feta, some diced cucumber, santini tomatoes and some olives..all drenched in a basil & mint oil. Très yummy!! I dont eat olives so I knock off a gram of carb lol!!!

Back