Hard to recognise my face

Mrgblp

Hello! I am new to the forum and I’m hoping si can find someone that has had a similar experience to mine because I feel like I’m losing my head! I lost weight over the past year, 60 kilos, just by doing Keto and excercising. It took me a while to get used to my reflection in the mirror but I’m fine with my body now. The problem is my face! I look at myself in the mirror and I can’t recognise me, my face is not familiar and I don’t like what I see either. I managed to accept and embrace stretch marks, loose skin, boobs falling to the floor, etc. but when it comes to my face I feel like I don’t know who I am. Has anyone been through something like this? And if so how did you get over it? Thanks :)

@Mrgblp - Congratulations on your healthier life and amazing results.

I think it takes a while to accept our new selves.

The more you ruminate on your face, the tougher it is. I have only lost 22.5kg so far. Looking at my face, already my lines seem deeper, my chin jowlier and I look older. I know this will becomde more extreme as I shed the next 26.5kg. So I say we need to get a grip and stop ruminating on our faces. It is what it is. I have started telling myself in the mirror that I love myself and my emerging new body. I stop myself from focusing on it. The alternative is a fuller face, with probably a shorter life of much less ease.

Back