Hardest time of saying no

charl-x

To the enemy that is food..

What's been your hardest time of saying no to food.. Mine had to be my mums wedding there was a full sit down meal I got a plate of food and was so close to eating some salmon.. But instead I gave it to my brother :D Thats been my closet time of caving in. But the thought of not caving in is the best I felt so proud

Whats been yours

Hardest time for me was when I did Lipotrim last year. I had really bad dizzy spells and was fainting quite a bit. My parents kept trying to force food on me, really hard it was. Was also really hard when I used to go to my friends house. Her mums cooking was lush!!! Wanted to eat so bad!

But i wanted to be thin more than I wanted food lol

That did take some will power!!!

Your weight loss is very impressive as well!

Are you doing any form of exercise?

Love Mini xxx

Hardest time for me was when I did Lipotrim last year. I had really bad dizzy spells and was fainting quite a bit. My parents kept trying to force food on me, really hard it was. Was also really hard when I used to go to my friends house. Her mums cooking was lush!!! Wanted to eat so bad!

But i wanted to be thin more than I wanted food lol

I think a lot of people just don't understand what exactly a Total Food Replacement diet is...

Also, a lot of people like to show their love/care by feeding other people...it harks back to the old days when food was in short supply after the second world war.

Love Mini xxx

Yeah I know, but my parents know how much food bothers me, and because of the way they fed me as a child, there is no way that I want them to cook for me anymore. Everything that they cook is double, extra fat is always added, I just can't.

They know how bad i want to lose weight, but they keep stopping me. My mum is one to want to give food to people to make them feel better, but I need to find other alternatives in life to help me feel happy without the help of chugging something down my throat.

Since I started this diet in July I've been on a hen weekend to Portugal and a girlie weekend to Puerto Banus. They were HARD!!!! Especially when we went to restaurants and I had to sit there with a glass of water while everyone else was ordering wonderful Mediterranean food. But, the thought of being thin appealed to me more so I stuck at it. 3st 9lbs later I know it was the right decision!!

I think a lot of people just don't understand what exactly a Total Food Replacement diet is...

Also, a lot of people like to show their love/care by feeding other people...it harks back to the old days when food was in short supply after the second world war.

Love Mini xxx

Hey Mini x
I did go the gym alot b4 lipotrim, stopped for 2 weeks when starting on lipotrim.. then went back but lost 3lb so thought i'd go another go and lost 3lb..so i didn't go for a week to see if it affects my weight loss and lost alot more and havn't been back since just done a bit of walking. I'll have to see how much i loose this week then have a think about the gym :)

Since I started this diet in July I've been on a hen weekend to Portugal and a girlie weekend to Puerto Banus. They were HARD!!!! Especially when we went to restaurants and I had to sit there with a glass of water while everyone else was ordering wonderful Mediterranean food. But, the thought of being thin appealed to me more so I stuck at it. 3st 9lbs later I know it was the right decision!!

wow thats impressive xxx

Wow skinny mini, that really is great...two holidays and you stuck to it. Im dreading my holiday its in 4 weeks and i have only been on LT for a week. We booked an all inclusive hotel in Egypt and i just dont know what to do. I dont know if i should take my shakes with me and hope im strong enough or do a re-feed for a week and try to eat healthy! Now i have seen that you went away TWICE and said no im leaning towards trying to stick to it for the week!

Yeah I know, but my parents know how much food bothers me, and because of the way they fed me as a child, there is no way that I want them to cook for me anymore. Everything that they cook is double, extra fat is always added, I just can't.

They know how bad i want to lose weight, but they keep stopping me. My mum is one to want to give food to people to make them feel better, but I need to find other alternatives in life to help me feel happy without the help of chugging something down my throat.

Yasmine I am sure your Mum means well as most Mums do.

It is just that portion sizes have grown bigger and bigger over the years and all this happened in a subtle way that the majority of us did not really notice...now we are at a point in society that most people find it very difficult to judge now what is the right portion size.

Here is a link that shows what a portion size is and there is a Quiz to go with it to see how much you know... some of them I was a bit shocked about...:eek:
NHLBI-Portion Distortion Quiz

I do believe we all need to be re-educated again in portion size.

there is no way that I want them to cook for me anymore

I am sure your Mum would like a break from cooking like I do! What is stopping you cooking some of the meals and re-educating your Mum?

My son is a wonderful cook and has been a big influence on how we now cook in our home.

There does come a time when all parents begin to learn from their children:)

Love Mini xxx

I came across these and was shocked
PortionControl_EN.jpg

5th week loss- 7lb :D:D
6th week loss- 5lb :)
:)

These two weeks were big weight loss charl-x !!!

I am doing walking myself and trying to build up my stamina...but I am convinced that the walking is one of the best, along with some toning exercise.

Keep up the good work, at this rate you will be a skinny mini for Christmas.

Love Mini xxx

Wow skinny mini, that really is great...two holidays and you stuck to it. Im dreading my holiday its in 4 weeks and i have only been on LT for a week. We booked an all inclusive hotel in Egypt and i just dont know what to do. I dont know if i should take my shakes with me and hope im strong enough or do a re-feed for a week and try to eat healthy! Now i have seen that you went away TWICE and said no im leaning towards trying to stick to it for the week!

Hey butterbean
Yeah I went away twice but both were only for long weekends (3 nights) not the full week like you have planned.

I've looked at some of your posts and seen you're worried about the holiday. I just think you need to decide what you're going to do and stick to it.

You have four weeks but if you decide to eat you'll have to have a week of re-feed before you go. You could get a good stone off in that time then do re-feed and just not go mad while you're away. Stick to the grilled meats and fish and try to shy away from the carbs.

At the end of the day it is your decision. Believe me, its NOT easy always being the sober one/ kitty holder / drunken person carrier, and its something you have to be in the frame of mind for.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do and keep us posted. xx

Yasmine I am sure your Mum means well as most Mums do.

It is just that portion sizes have grown bigger and bigger over the years and all this happened in a subtle way that the majority of us did not really notice...now we are at a point in society that most people find it very difficult to judge now what is the right portion size.

Here is a link that shows what a portion size is and there is a Quiz to go with it to see how much you know... some of them I was a bit shocked about...:eek:
NHLBI-Portion Distortion Quiz

I do believe we all need to be re-educated again in portion size.

I am sure your Mum would like a break from cooking like I do! What is stopping you cooking some of the meals and re-educating your Mum?

My son is a wonderful cook and has been a big influence on how we now cook in our home.

There does come a time when all parents begin to learn from their children:)

Love Mini xxx

I would love to, I love cooking, it's just college work and stuff. I have so much to do, but whenever i do let her try some of my low fat cooking, she complains about no flavor and stuff.

Oooo I did that quiz! TODAYS WORLD IS SOOOOO FAT!!!! BLOODY HELL!!!

I cant get over those portion sizes! I know my portion sizes are to big which is why im so big but i just didnt realise how far out i was! OMG!!
I think it will be to hard tbh not eating anything while im away, and i havent got very much willpower (i am working on it tho!) So i think i will speak to my chemist about doing a re-feed in 3 weeks ready for the hol. There are lots of nice (healthy) things in the hotel...but i tend not to eat the salads and fruit (as they always give me a funny tummy abroad) but i can stick to the chicken and veg and beef etc...it would be a waste of money not eating anything! lol...I am going to try to stay away from carbs in the future anyway as i have PCOS and it doesnt help it much!

Thanks for the advice!

I did that quiz! TODAYS WORLD IS SOOOOO FAT!!!! BLOODY HELL!!!

LOL!!!

she complains about no flavor and stuff.

Well, there are some dishes out there that you can make up the lean low calorie version for yourself and take your portion out of it and add the extra's to suit your Mum's taste...but it would be better if you both could try and work together to improve each others health.

Change takes time and does not happen over night:)

Out here your Mum will appreciate you taking and interest in health and eating well as when women go over the age of 50 they are at a high risk of heart disease etc. It is never too soon to begin taking measures to safe guard your health.

Good luck with college, that can be exhausting and I know it is lovely to have someone to cook for you when you are studying and I am sure your Mum only wants to make sure you have enough energy to get you through.

Love Mini xxx

OMG not a hope I could have done that... especially in Puerto Banus with all the fab restuarants, fair play to you :D

I went away once on LT to Manchester and went to see a match and sat in burger king with water while they were all munching away and at match when they were having pies and hotdogs and beer etc haha but i go through it in the end :)

but fair play to you doin that on two hols

I think I've been ok. I've been out for a couple of meals but I've always been with friends / colleagues who have been behind me 100% on this diet. Knowing that you can sit through a meal and not be tempted is such a good feeling and spurs you on to succeed. It has been my 30th birthday whilst I've been on the plan, but I didn't let it stop me! There was no way I was going to blow the diet so close to the end. It actually saved me a fortune... I drove so I didn't have to pay for taxis and everyone was so amazed that I was sticking to water that they all bought my drinks!

The way I look at it is that I will have been on Lipotrim for 20 weeks when I finish - that's hardly anytime at all out of my life!

Back