Harper Seven!!

I think 'seven' is quite sweet... my old school friend's middle name was 'September' as her grandad, who passed away before she was born, asked for her middle name to be the month in which she was born, and I thought that was awesome.

Harper is ok - personally it's a hell of a lot better than Cruz and Romeo (apologies to anyone called/who called their kids this!)

xx

I quite like it I must admit, the Harper bit that is, the Seven though??? And it could have been a hell of a lot worse Id rather be Harper than Shiloh or Apple or even some of the more 'conventional' names, Vivien (Brangelina) or Marion (SJP)

lets face it after Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz they were never going to have a Kylie or a Tracy were they ?
I quite like it i must admit, when you hear some of the names some celebs come up with I think the wee mite has got off lightly !!

It has been said Harper is a popular name in the states for girls and boys ( very unBeckham like to have a popular name) must say tho i do quite like it Harper for a celebrity name but wouldnt have it for my own child

I like the name Harper and haven't ever associated it with being a girls/boys name. It does remind me of the family off of My Family though :) as for the Seven bit, wasn't that his shirt number when he played for ManU/ England?

I think it is barmy, like all their kids names but then let's face it I am just an old fart so it is all you can expect from me.

I love the name Harper for a girl - when I heard the name I instantly thought 'Harper Lee', the author of my favourite book.

I feel sorry for little Harper Seven - not because her parents chose to give her that name, but because ignorant people will question and taunt her because of it.

Having put up with "did your mum want a boy?!" for 20 years, I know exactly how it feels. It's a shame that many people aren't adventurous enough to step out of the norm when naming their babies. I love having a 'boys' name, I am unique and no plain Jane. Whether you like it or not, I couldn't care less, join the queue of people waiting to bash me for it..

I think people need to loosen up, and celebrate the gift of another precious baby girl entering the world - rather than critisising and stereotyping her and her parents because of her 'boys' name.

It is only a name afterall..

I'm another who likes Harper not sure about seven, I believe it was beckham's number at man united could be that be the reason.

I
I think people need to loosen up, and celebrate the gift of another precious baby girl entering the world - rather than critisising and stereotyping her and her parents because of her 'boys' name.

I don't need to loosen up and celebrate anything. I was merely commenting that I don't like the name :sigh:

I have an "unusual" name, I don't like it. Never have. I'd have loved a more normal name. Perhaps I'm the opposite to you but I'm fed up of hearing "***** that's an unusual name." Really? I hadn't noticed :mad:

I actually don't think she'll be questioned or taunted because I don't think she'll lead that sort of life to be honest!

It has already been reported that Seven was for his shirt number at both Manchester United and England.

"When it came to baby Harper’s middle name Seven, that is her father’s ‘lucky number’, famously being his squad number for Manchester United and England.
Number fixation is a well-known symptom of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), from which Beckham suffers.

The family friend said: ‘Victoria and David only came up with the name at the last minute.
‘It’s a very lucky number for David and he has always wanted to name one of his children Seven."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...racter-magical-Disney-show.html#ixzz1RsrcO2a1
It also has other ties though, with her being born at 7:55, and weighing 7lb 10oz.

i think its fair to say victoria won't be logging on and reading our approvals and disapprovals of babys name, just a light hearted discussion about celebs and their lives, no harm done :)

I really like the name Harper. I think it's really pretty.

At least Seven was just her middle name and not her first name!

With regards to kids being bullied because of their names. She will go to a school that is full of other children from rich and famous people who will have equally unusual names. So no issues there!!

I like Seven. Six is a name, why not Seven. It sounds like Seren which means star in Welsh. I'm not going to call my kids anything like that mind you but if my other half had anything to do with it, our first born would be called Megatron!

I feel sorry for little Harper Seven - not because her parents chose to give her that name, but because ignorant people will question and taunt her because of it.

I don't consider myself ignorant for not liking the names of any of her children. I just do not like them.

As for celebrating the life of another baby girl entering the world, a very privileged world, I would rather celebrate having the life of an equally precious baby dying of thirst or starvation being saved by contributions from those of us who can afford to make a small contribution.

Please don't anyone jump on me for that because I admire the charitable work the Beckhams do for children without needing a blaze of publicity.

i think its fair to say victoria won't be logging on and reading our approvals and disapprovals of babys name, just a light hearted discussion about celebs and their lives, no harm done :)

Well said. They should worry !!! I don't think Victoria will ever need SW !!!

and yes you are right it did start as a light hearted discussion on a name.....simples.

Good to see how many likes and dislikes there are.

I like Seven. Six is a name, why not Seven. It sounds like Seren which means star in Welsh. I'm not going to call my kids anything like that mind you but if my other half had anything to do with it, our first born would be called Megatron!
:8855::8855::8855:
This made me laugh so much. At least it could be abbreviated to Meg.......could be worse !!!

Seren is a beautiful name. I have horses called Ribble Valley Seren Sws ( Stars Kiss ) and R.V. Seren Bach (Little Star. )

Thanks for bringing the levity back !!

Did no one else get visions of some dodgy sci fi creature like from babylon 5? Ummm anyone??

Nope just me then lol x

This little girl will assimilate her brothers and make them her drones, girls born into a family of boys almost always do!

Back