Harper Seven!!

I thought it was quite tame for them and quite like it. I would have thought something more girly as they have supposedly been wanting a girl for so long but maybe it is more girly than I realise?!
If the Seven is because of Davids shirt number I actually think thats quite cool whether for his son or daughter.
When any children are named there always seems lots of comments about who likesand who doesn't but most of the time this seems to settle and there aren't that many names that provoke such reaction when people are introduced when older I don't think but am sure I could well be wrong!

I like Seven. Six is a name, why not Seven. It sounds like Seren which means star in Welsh. I'm not going to call my kids anything like that mind you but if my other half had anything to do with it, our first born would be called Megatron!
Is it your other half thats set up the facebook group about getting likes so the other half will call thebaby Megatron???

Is it your other half thats set up the facebook group about getting likes so the other half will call thebaby Megatron???

I don't remember a Megatron one but did see one for Optimus Prime once. Definitely not me!

I was thinking, it's a good job I won't follow in the Beckham's footsteps with place names and OH's works numbers.

Ipswich Five Four One One Wilson, now THAT would be a horrible thing to do to a child!!

She isn't going to go all her life having her name questioned! Nobody bothers now about Suri Cruise's name. It's just the novelty of it!
We can all have a moan about our names! I got mine because both grandmothers were called Catherine, they each thought I was called after them!
I meanwhile always wanted a more exotic name like Demelza or Esmarelda, or Morghana, something romantic and not "boring". It's just a friendly discussion on names, and I think that they know it was going to happen.
The Beckhams could call her "Wet Tea Bag" if they wanted! They were never going to be "orthodox" in their choice, nobody has to be.

I thought it was quite tame for the Beckhams LOL Harper as someone else has said reminded me of Harper Lee and To Kill a Mockingbird - which is the book I had to study for English Literature O Level and have hated ever since :D (the book that is - when you've analysed it for two years it takes the enjoyment from the reading of it! IMHO anyway) Seven just reminds me of the film Seven with Brad Pitt and makes me think of severed heads in boxes! That was the first thing I thought of when I heard the name, maybe I'm just warped :D;):D

I prefer traditional names myself but each to their own :) I'm just old LOL

I meanwhile always wanted a more exotic name like Demelza or Esmarelda, or Morghana, something romantic and not "boring". .

Isn't it strange, or should I say what strange creatures we are. One of my closest friends is called Demelza. She hates it. I love it . Of course she is Cornish.

I prefer traditional names myself but each to their own :) I'm just old LOL

LOL !!!!Me too, but like fine wine and precious antiques I think we really are the best of our species lol !!!

Strange name, but then so are all the boys names;)

My first thoughts was the obvious, number seven for David, and Harper as in Harpers Bazaar for Victoria

I quite like the name Harper. Not too bad for the Beckhams. Out of the most of the celebrities i think the Beckhams names arent really that bad.
I used to want a more traditional name when i was younger as my first name is Davina. My 'Grandmother' didnt like it and so i was called by my middle name. when i got older and liked my first name, it was too late i was known by middle name by everyone.

having said that my boys have normal names.

my hubby's sperm donor wanted to call him "Jon Thomas". he he

I actually quite like it, I think it's cute for a little girl. Very American though, even if the name is English in origin. A few American celeb types have named their kids Harper-Dave Grohl's daughter is called Harper and I don't remember anyone questioning his choice at the time. Neil Patrick Harris from How I met your mother also named his daughter Harper. Tiffani Amber whatsername that was in Saved by the bell also has a daughter named Harper.
I agreee with a few others, it's fairly 'normal' for the Beckhams and celebs in general.

Dave Grohl's daughter is called Harper and I don't remember anyone questioning his choice at the time. Neil Patrick Harris from How I met your mother also named his daughter Harper. Tiffani Amber whatsername that was in Saved by the bell also has a daughter named Harper.
I agreee with a few others, it's fairly 'normal' for the Beckhams and celebs in general.

I must not be "with it", I don't know any of these people!!! :eek:

There there Jaylou. Let me help. Dave Grohl, lead singer of the Foo Fighters and formerly of Nirvana and all round splendid drummer. Neil Patrick Harris - formerly child star in Doogie Howser MD, and Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, played Kelly (Zacs girlfriend) in Saved By The Bell, an eighties/early nineties American teen sit-com about a group of friends in high school.

Honestly, no bother.

As for my opinion on "Harper Seven", well Seven is frankly dire, but she wont be going round known by her middle name, so thats probably least said soonest mended. I personally dont like Harper, but Harper Beckham sounds ok. Harping to me is a word that means nagging, when someone "Harps" on about something incessantly, but if they stay in the states it will go unremarked upon as its more common there.

I've heard prettier names. S'all.

Ooh, now if Cheryl Cole had a baby now and the two babies grew up fell in love and got married, and she kept her maiden name as part of a double-barrelled married name, her initials would be HSBC. Which is uncanny because she'll probably be rich enough to open her own bank anyway.

I actually quite like it, I think it's cute for a little girl. Very American though, even if the name is English in origin. A few American celeb types have named their kids Harper-Dave Grohl's daughter is called Harper and I don't remember anyone questioning his choice at the time. Neil Patrick Harris from How I met your mother also named his daughter Harper. Tiffani Amber whatsername that was in Saved by the bell also has a daughter named Harper.

Me too Jay, never heard of them, but then no one would expect me to know.

There there Jaylou. Let me help. Dave Grohl, lead singer of the Foo Fighters and formerly of Nirvana and all round splendid drummer. Neil Patrick Harris - formerly child star in Doogie Howser MD, and Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, played Kelly (Zacs girlfriend) in Saved By The Bell, an eighties/early nineties American teen sit-com about a group of friends in high school.

Honestly, no bother.

As for my opinion on "Harper Seven", well Seven is frankly dire, but she wont be going round known by her middle name, so thats probably least said soonest mended. I personally dont like Harper, but Harper Beckham sounds ok. Harping to me is a word that means nagging, when someone "Harps" on about something incessantly, but if they stay in the states it will go unremarked upon as its more common there.

I've heard prettier names. S'all.

Still none the wiser Minxster but oh what a clever lady you are not that you would Harp on about it.

Ooh, now if Cheryl Cole had a baby now and the two babies grew up fell in love and got married, and she kept her maiden name as part of a double-barrelled married name, her initials would be HSBC. Which is uncanny because she'll probably be rich enough to open her own bank anyway.

:8855::8855:....good thinking !!!

The Seven bit always reminds me of Star Trek and Seven of Nine, Now I wouldn't mind her figure!

Having put up with "did your mum want a boy?!" for 20 years, I know exactly how it feels. It's a shame that many people aren't adventurous enough to step out of the norm when naming their babies. I love having a 'boys' name, I am unique and no plain Jane. Whether you like it or not, I couldn't care less, join the queue of people waiting to bash me for it..

Well whilst we're on the subject- My name is Jane, and I aint plain !!!

My mum named me after the road I was born in. I suppose these days I would have been called Ambulance instead!
I always hated having an old ladies name, when I was a kid the only other Shirley's were at least 3 years older, then of course there;s a place called Shirley in Southampton so as a teen I had jokes like "have you been up Shirley?" The anser being "Everyone's been up Shirley"!
Oh and THANKS a bunch Airplane Yes I AM serious and actually I prefer Shirl to Shirley!

All that with an unusual Southa African surname too *sigh*

Back