Has anybody done SW with PCOS?

Mrs.S

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with PCOS about 8 years ago and struggled a lot with my weight. I've tried pretty much tried every diet and nothing seems to work. I have always lost about a stone in the first month or so, then nothing and always ended up gaining it back - and more...

My GP has suggested SW and although I don't see why this should work, where nothing else has I want to give it a try. I really need to shift this weight.

Has anyone with PCOS had success with SW where they didn't with anything else? Would love to hear from anyone in the same boat.

I have a friend (who inspired me to join SW) who has PCOS and she has lost several stone from sticking to SW since the summer.

I don't have PCOS but I do have Fibromyalgia (another chronic illness which makes weight loss extra difficult). I've only been a member for 2 weeks but I've lost a few lbs already and have stopped having the constant GERD and IBS symptoms that I usually suffer from.

I think SW works where other diets don't because it isn't really a diet as such, instead it just teaches you to eat more healthily (filling 1/3 of your plate with super free foods is a really important part of it). As long as you are careful to follow it properly, make sure to fill up on super free foods wherever possible and to weigh any healthy extras, then you can definitely lose weight. Being able to have treats using syns is a great idea too as it stops it being boring and restrictive like most diets - so long as you don't max out on your syn allowance every day (I know I'm tempted to do this!).

Best of luck with reaching your goals!

Yes, me!

I've had weight issues since I was a child. I started Slimming World a year ago and so far have lost 7 stone 1.5lb! It's working for me.

Stick to the plan as much as you can. Good Luck!

x

I do the occasional SP day if I've overindulged at a weekend or on an evening out. But usually I'm on extra easy.

I've cut my carbs right down. I have my healthy extra B every day, today it was 40g of Dorset Cereals Simply Nutty muesli, yesterday it was 2 hi fi bars.

I can't manage a whole baked potato any more as I get hot and sweaty after eating it and then crash an hour or so later and will be craving toast, crisps anything carb laden. So I just avoid as much as possible or just have half a spud.

I do have small amounts of rice and pasta a couple of times a week, but I actually really enjoy spiralised courgette or butternut as a replacement for pasta.

I also use swede, butternut, courgette, carrots as a replacement for potatoes when I have chips. They're really tasty.

Back