Has anyone else felt a bit strange

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by charlottegrace1, 17 January 2010 Social URL.

1. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Since I got back on plan after new year, I felt great the first week, then last week, after going out for the Harvester meal, I felt really strange. Not ill as such, but tired in my body and my muscles ached beyond belief. Felt right out of sorts I did all week so wasn't doing plan last week at all, hence STS. I have been since yesterday as I seem to be feeling a bit better in myself now, but I wondered if anyone else has felt a bit odd after eating loads of Christmas foods and then getting back on plan. Do you think it could be my body having a bit of a detox thing going on, or is there more viruses going around I haven't heard off lol?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vikstar

vikstar Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(12.1%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have felt unable almost to get back on track 100%. I'm not sure why. I'm now considering doing this slimathon and reckon that'll help me a lot. I've also taken to rereading the SW bibles!!!

Good luck x

4. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    I've certainly been 'out of sorts' these last few days! I'm back on plan and that's all fine but I think there are a fair few bugs/viruses flying aroun at the moment. I've been tired, teasy and just not bothered about things these last few days but today seem OK again.

Stay safe and warm everyone xxx

5. Wendyuk

Wendyuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.84%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I haven't felt any ill affects since I started SW 4 days ago actually I've felt better, mind u I've ditched the wine lol. I suppose if you've been eating lots of sugary things you're body's going to crave it so might be better eating lots of things low in GI to keep your blood sugars level. But likes been said there is some rotten virusus going around at the mo could just be that.
    Wendy

6. philly_x

philly_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    I was feeling quite tired and achy yesterday, and I started SW wednesday so I was wondering if it had anything to do with it, EE eats you eat a lot and I think maybe the thing it cuts out is fats?
    But then it could have been from the 2 sugar free red bulls I drank to try and stay awake at work last night!:p

7. AmyAdele

AmyAdele its a long road

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(10.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world :)
    I have im so mtried and everything hurts i cant seem to find the motivation to do anything

its the first week in about a month ive been on plan 100% so maybe your on to something

8. philly_x

philly_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    maybe its our bodies adjusting!x

9. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Could be the weather. Everything was just so much effort and worry when there was so much snow on the ground, I just felt tired all the time. Also, walking around in the snow and ice makes you tense up, so does feeling cold. My shoulders were really aching.

Now it's all gone, and it is a lovely day today, and I feel so much better.

10. smoomoo

smoomoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(23.84%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    im the same im sooo tired and weak and feel like i need a good chocolate bar to perk me up! I put it down to knackering myself with exercise

11. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I have been feeling a bit 'not quite right' and I could sleep for England at the moment - so maybe is it just my body adjusting to eating properly again...

12. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I've had a headache for the last 2 days but I put it down to having a cold. Maybe it's the toxins coming out of my fat cells. I have also been weeing more!

13. Wendyuk

Wendyuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.84%)
    Diet:
    SW
    The detox thing is a myth. You're body's more than capable of getting rid of toxins on it's own. You will wee more though because when you cut down calories the brain receives a signal to break down glycogen stores which leads to a production of ATP, molecules and water, which you then have to 'wee out'. Are you drinking plenty of water to compensate? Dehydration could cause a headache.

Wendy

14. charlottegrace1

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks peeps for the replies, I don't feel on my own now lol. I do feel a bit better today, but like Donnie, I could sleep for England and everything is an effort still. I took some wet towels out of the washing machine this morning and I could barely lift them (there were only 2 of them) my arms and shoulders ache so much. I sounded daft saying to OH can you put these towels in the dryer cos they are too heavy for me but they were! :confused: Oh well, what ever it is, I hope it soon goes away.

15. ukmonkey2002

ukmonkey2002 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Had really bad heartburn since back on plan 100% every morning i need 2 gavascone chewables (anyone know the syn value)

16. charlottegrace1

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I've been to sleep for 2 1/2 hours this afternoon and still feel tired. Got to go and have a fasting blood test this week so that will help diet and weight loss lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.