Has Anyone Else Noticed This???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Surfhunny, 3 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    A bit of a gross subject here, but I've noticed that when I'm in ketosis I get a runny nose, I haven't got a cold or allergies etc, it's just a runny nose, and only ever when I'm in ketosis. It's a bit annoying to be honest, and I was wondering if it's just me or does anyone else get this side effect? I wondered if it was to do with being cold...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lyndzi76

lyndzi76 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.95%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I am always freezing when in ketosis (and bl**dy heating broke) but i have never had the runny nose thing. I will keep and eye on it.

4. Mifford

Mifford Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(10.49%)
    Diet:
    WW
    my sinuses clear when I'm in ketosis for some strange reason so I get a runny nose - not sure if its the same thing

I know that ketosis lowers your T3 thyroid level and one of the symptoms of an underactive thyroid are sinus problems so that might be why maybe?

Or it could just be that its damn cold right now and it makes your nose run lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.