Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

has anyone else ..

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by curlygirl2, 7 January 2011 Social URL.

1. curlygirl2

curlygirl2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lost the plot with their syns cause they're drinking or is it just me?...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. welshgirl21

welshgirl21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did over Christmas, had some wine with dinner then a few beers through the day. The same went for visiting OH's family too but since then I've been trying to keep it minimal. My dad bought me some Baileys so I keep enough syns on a Friday to have a baileys but I'm trying hard to cut it right down.

4. SlimmingKitchen

SlimmingKitchen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am ok as long as I haven't been out drinking with friends.
    Thank god it's not often we go out as usually I start the night off really well keeping track of what im drinking then once Im drunk I lose track end up drinking anything and forget what ive had by the next day oops !!! x

5. -Laura-

-Laura- Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.35%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tend to avoid drinking unless I'm prepared to flexi-syn (and for me, alcohol flexi-synning is very flexible). I always start out with good intentions (single vodka, diet coke, 2.5 syns...) but before long I've lost track and been led astray by a glass (/bottle) of wine, and after one to many it's all 'screw the diet, I'm back on it in the morning!!' I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to a few sociable bevvies!

6. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm on my fourth restart and every failure is due to alcohol! :sigh:

Got to succeed this time though for my health and my sanity :rolleyes:

7. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    my C tends to hold me up as an example when we have new members ( not actually, he's not that strong.. :) ), but this week he ticked me off a bit...
    someone had gained a bit over christmas and it was all due to drinking and they said they were going to cut it out entirely..
    he said that's what I did, but I don't drink.. at least not often and not heavy if I ever did..
    When I was 18-20 ish I used to do the whole "bottle of vodka on a friday between mates" thing, but I never went to the pub etc...
    I drank the occasional bottle of wine or 4 pack of beer over the years, but if it was once every 2 months on average that was pushing it..
    I haven't realy drunk for the past 4-5 years..
    A couple on christmas eve with the lads from work, a few at dads on christmas day ( not this year ), and 4-5 beers a day when I went on holiday abroad and that's about it...
    The way he said it though made me sound like I was down the pub at 5 and still there at chucking out time...

8. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    The trouble with alcohol, is if you drink at home you never have a pub portion (if you know what I mean) Then you get to the happy state, and it's, peanuts/crisps? Yes please, oh I'm thirsty, need a drink!
    When I drink very little the weight rolls off and I sleep better. So this year I'm going to be a good girl and use most of my syns on food!

9. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If we're having a night out (drinking or not), I make sure there's something delicious ready for when we get back. Often that'd be a casserole of some sort in the slow cooker. Today I've put a beef shank in the slow cooker, and already cooked all the veg. I've done plenty for tonight and for Sunday lunch tomorrow, so I can enjoy Sunday lunch without the stress after my Zumba class tomorrow morning.

I'm limiting myself to one night a week alcohol. I've been 100% on plan, and keeping New Years Resolutions so far, so will be really cross with myself if I mess up tonight. Last night I managed to stick to diet coke, but then I was home by ten. I don't want to be a kill joy, but don't want to mess up my fitness / weight-loss plan either.

10. ChicaConCurvas

ChicaConCurvas Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I give myself 70 syns a week and 35 of those are for vodka :p I have a half bottle (350ml) that I top up on a Monday and that's my allowance for the week IF I want it. I only drink when I'm watching movies with OH on a weekend but at least I know that if I finish the bottle on Friday & Sat (by being a bit heavy handed with the measures) then Sun will be a dry night! Tbh I haven't had a week where I've finished it all yet but I know that I haven't stepped outside my allowance. My downfall was over Xmas when I went back on to cans of Strongbow which I can sink at an alarming rate and at 7 syns a can they really aren't worth it! :eek:

11. janzbro

janzbro Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I usually go to the pub once or twice a week but I will have to change my drink choice to Vodka & diet mixer as dry cider is way to many syns. I will have to see if I still lose weight as its my first week - if not I will have to have a rethink.

12. ChicaConCurvas

ChicaConCurvas Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Actually Strongbow is worse than I thought! :eek:

Strongbow
    Sirrus Cider - 275ml bottle - 6.5 syns
    Strongbow Cider - 330ml Bottle - 6.0
    Strongbow Cider - 440ml Can - 8.0
    Strongbow Draught Cider - 284 ml - 4.5
    Strongbow Super Cider - 440ml can - 10.5

I'm counting vodka at 2.5 syns in 25ml which is a pub measure. That is right isn't it? I'd hate to be underestimating that as well!

13. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've decided I'm having a drink tonight (well started already actually). I've got half bottle of Whiskey left over from Christmas so I'm going to have one or two (or three) singles. I've not touched a drop for 4 days so this will be a bit of a celebration :D I won't be having any more till next Saturday at least and I've hardly had any syns all week so I should be ok :)

14. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes, that's right :)

15. 3106Catherine

3106Catherine Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.55%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Red Days/SP
    I'm probably quite bad, I do drink on Friday and Saturday evenings at home once the kids are in bed. Not to get plastered, just a couple of glasses but I allow for it in my syns and I'm good the rest of the week!

I'm not a chocoholic or anything so my Friday night glass is what what I look forward to!

16. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've had 3 single whiskeys and have now got the headache from hell, think I'll have a coffee, some pain killers and go to bed. On the bright side, I haven't used many syns :rolleyes:

17. OrangeRachel

OrangeRachel Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1.5lb(20.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I usually have a bottle of wine in the fridge and drink it throughout the week. I bought a little measuring jug so that I can monitor the syns each night. Bizarrely I tend to lose less weight in the weeks when I don't have wine!

For a night out I just use Flexi syns, it only happens once a month at the very most so I allow myself around 50 syns for alcohol on that night (around 5 pints of guinness, but I've only ever managed to drink 3 and a half in one night) and then don't count the chips and cheese that inevitably end up buying in the kebab shop!! But as I don't go out drinking that often I don't worry about and just make I am good for the rest of the week.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.