Has anyone else....

kikaroo

Silver Member
Experienced migraines during their first week (or at all) on SW? I generally suffer with migraines anyway, but they usually last a day at the most. I've felt rotten for about 4 days now though - being woken up by over powering feelings of nausea and blinding headaches that can only be eased with extra strong painkillers. I wondered If it may be my body's reaction to a new diet?

Experienced migraines during their first week (or at all) on SW? I generally suffer with migraines anyway, but they usually last a day at the most. I've felt rotten for about 4 days now though - being woken up by over powering feelings of nausea and blinding headaches that can only be eased with extra strong painkillers. I wondered If it may be my body's reaction to a new diet?

Could it be withdrawal headaches, if you've cut out sugar or caffeine or something?

I've never had a big caffeine intake, but you're right - I have drastically reduced my sugar intake, maybe it's that! Hopefully I'll get over it soon, because this is the easiest plan I've ever followed!

Have you started using sweetener? Or been having products with sweetener in them?

Aspartame is one of the most controversial artificial sweeteners. ... Some of these symptoms include headache, dizziness, change in mood, vomiting or nausea, abdominal pain

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have you started using sweetener? Or been having products with sweetener in them?

Aspartame is one of the most controversial artificial sweeteners. ... Some of these symptoms include headache, dizziness, change in mood, vomiting or nausea, abdominal pain

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Diet drinks are notorious for containing aspartame aren't they? Maybe I should try cutting down on diet coke!

Diet drinks are notorious for containing aspartame aren't they? Maybe I should try cutting down on diet coke!

Yes, but if you cut down on that now, you'll also get withdrawal headaches from that-maybe wait til these have subsided first? Just a thought

I've been the same aswell as loads os spots around my mouth which will take ages to go!! I agree that it's reduction in sugar and the body oing eeek!! Drinking plenty of fluids will help x x

yes, you may well be Dehydrated. Take care.x

Its very common to get sugar withdrawal when you first start whereas intolerance to sweeteners is very uncommon despite the scaremongering online. Drink loads of water and eat fruit as they are high in natural sugars and it should pass fairly quickly hun xx

There is another thread about this funnily enough. I had a really bad headache for a week roughly. It was to the point where I woke up one morning wondering what was missing and it was the headache. I get migraines frequently due to the change in pressure and they usually last a day or so, but this kept going.

It will work itself out eventually, but it is normal. I don't eat a lot of sugar, hardly any caffeine at all, salt, and I usually drink plenty so was figuring it was my body trying to figure out what was going on.

It will pass eventually, but it make take a while

Also strangely I have found that if I get a bit bunged up I get quite a bad headache (I get headaches with everything!) so as others have said make sure you are drinking plenty of fluid especially if you have increased your fibre intake since starting SW. This is slightly too much info but I realised the link when I went to the loo one day and literally my headache disappeared whilst I was on the loo. Have spoken to others and this is fairly common though I'd never heard of it. Sorry if that's tmi and irrelevant ;-)

Oh Im so glad I found this thread, I've been getting excruciating migraines for the last few days and I started last Monday!!
Blinding headaches I've definitely not experienced before.

Maybe it's sugar withdrawls because I ate a huge amount of crap before or maybe not drinking enough water because when Im in work I drink loads but have been off the last few days and admittedly drinking barely any!

In my first week I had a few headaches and was grumpy as hell. I put it down to the sudden withdrawel of sugar and fats, from my diet.
This is my second week and I have felt better this week, not perfect but better... I am hoping week three and four will be when my body has completely adjusted :)

I had a tiny bit if sugar withdrawal at first but went really quickly. Only lasting problem is opposite to a lot of others - I go to the loo less!! And am eating less fiber, I used to eat a lot of whole meal bread and now none...I always eat brown pasta/rice/bread and am vegan so eat plenty of fruit and veg, but something has muddled my bowels. TMI!!! But watch out if you were a big brown bread water (I'm talking half a loaf to a loaf a day to myself!! No wonder I was 6 stone too big)

Mandlegrot -Iam exactly the same!!

Nooooo!! It's horrible ain't it. I've been following the plan for 3 months now and it hasn't sorted itself out - I drink loads, which helps, but I'm not regular like I used to be. I can't figure out what it is - I eat lots of fiber and drink loads, get exercise...I don't know if something I am now eating is making me bloated or something. But there is a difference :(

I haven't been doing that long, so hoping it settles. Have you made a list of fruit amd veg that's high in fibre- I'm going to try and up that over the next few days and see if it works!

Back