Has anyone elses definition of a blip/binge changed since doing CD?

stokegal

Silver Member
I use to think of a binge as sitting face down in a multipack of crisps and eating my way out or eating an packet of chocolate biscuits (not that I have ever done the second - I only crave chocolate biscuits when I'm pregnant so I'd be worried if I suddenly started fancying them lol) and a blip would be a takeway or some processed food, now I consititute a blip as a salad and a binge as eating too much chicken or god forbid a piece of evil toast - isn't it funny how your entire attitude changes when on CD? My OH said today that he couldn't wait for me to be off my diet so that we could eat "normally" again - I politely informed him that eating "normally" is what got me in this mess in the first place and that I would never truely be off a diet.

Does anyone else feel similar?

I dunno - when I am doing the diet I stick 110% to it, never had a 'blip' first time round and have done 11 100% days this time so far. I have this tremendous willpower during CD, which sadly escapes me when it comes to eating 'normally'.
I almost licked a splash of gravy off my hand the other day (out of habit, not desire) when serving up hubby and son's tea and was horrified with myself!

Crazy isnt it.

Gosh - I wish I had your willpower - I really wanted to do 100% this week but have ended up on SS+ which isn't too bad I suppose but I feel guilty for it

don't feel guilty for ss + it's a life saver and the only option I chose

I also never blipped while ss'ing :D just got in the zone and stayed there

Enjoy ss girls, I'm maintaining now and eating 'normally' and let me tell you ss/ss+ is a BREEZE!!!!!

So far I have not "blipped", I don't even feel tempted, I'm keeping my eyes firmly on the prize! Although I don't know if its the diet or something else but this weekend I have been really really down.

Yep, I didn't even feel tempted to buy chocolate while doing SS and up the plans and that has stayed with me so far. I probably have broken even in terms of cost of CD as the money spent per week is more or less the equivalent of what I might have spent on 'treats'. I will now overdose on roasted parsnips instead :)

Hi just popped in from LT i'm new and looking for any tips etc, what is SS?

Gosh - I wish I had your willpower - I really wanted to do 100% this week but have ended up on SS+ which isn't too bad I suppose but I feel guilty for it
I still class SS+ as being 100%. To me, if you do SS+ to the letter of the book, you are doing the diet 100%.

Better to have a small SS+ meal than somehting you shouldn't have.

Back