Has anyone ever seen a ghost?

rubyberrie

Working My Way to Thin!
I am fascinated with programmes like Most Haunted, Haunted Homes and The Sixth Sense.

Has anyone ever seen a ghost, had a strange experience, or ever had a message from a loved one who has passed on via a medium?

I would love to hear your stories

i have seen quite a few since i was about 7. would need to channel it properly as its not something i can control. it just happens now and then.

the nicest for hubby was when i was able to chat to his mum who died when he was 19. we'd not been together too long so he gave me loads of trick questions but he was amazed i was being genuine and put his mind at rest to have touched base with her. bless!

I'm fascinated too. I go to a medium once a year in the hope of hearing from my mum! I've had some great messages. I watch Most Haunted, but have to say I sometimes think maybe they're making some of it up!
Have you ever been to a spiritualist church service? A medium holds the service and near the end gives some messages to people attending. Maybe you should try it.

Tracey
x

i have seen quite a few since i was about 7. would need to channel it properly as its not something i can control. it just happens now and then.

the nicest for hubby was when i was able to chat to his mum who died when he was 19. we'd not been together too long so he gave me loads of trick questions but he was amazed i was being genuine and put his mind at rest to have touched base with her. bless!

Hi Karen

Your story is absolutely fascinating, you are obviously very sensitive, have you ever thought of becoming a medium? I think what you have is such an amazing gift.

When I am watching Sixth Sense on Living TV, I am absolutely gobsmacked when I hear Colin Fry coming through with such accurate information for people in the audience and it must put them on top of the world to hear from their loved ones :)

I have always been interested in ghosts & life after death etc. but even more so after losing my dear Dad about 18 months ago and I know he knew I was interested in this sort of thing and I thought if there was anyway he could contact me he would but I guess I am not sensitive at all!

I even had a session/reading with a top Medium in the School for Psychic Studies, but what he told me was very general and could have applied to anyone, I was hoping for something specific but did not get anything :(

Karen, how do these ghosts appear to you, all of a sudden? are you frightened when you see them? sorry for being nosey

I'm fascinated too. I go to a medium once a year in the hope of hearing from my mum! I've had some great messages. I watch Most Haunted, but have to say I sometimes think maybe they're making some of it up!
Have you ever been to a spiritualist church service? A medium holds the service and near the end gives some messages to people attending. Maybe you should try it.

Tracey
x

Hi minilady

I have been to see a medium at the School of Psychic studies but did not tell me any specific that would make me think, yes my Dad is definitely coming through to me.

I have looked up Spiritualist Churches but cannot find any that close to me, so I sort of gave up on that one

Did you get something come through from your Mum that convinced you the message was definitely from her?

Yes I've had lots of convincing messages. the main one was I had a name I used to call elephants when I was little, and I swore I would only totally believe in the afterlife if someone told me what that name was. The name is lopearedtigerlug!! (dont know where I got that from), anyway, I went to see a medium in Canterbury at the church there, and she told me that my mum was laughing about a nickname I used for elephants! You can imagine I was gobsmacked, but she didnt get the full name, only that it was something to do with tigers. Well that was good enough for me.

I hope you can get some reassurance from someone, and I'm sure if your meant to that your dad will lead you to a good medium who could help you.

tracey
x

i dunno its weird. i sense things more than i see things. it can be very different each time and i definately dont have enough control oer how it happens to become a medium. i do however do tarot readings and sometimes i will get little messages while doing those. thats quite rare though.

i have always lived in hanted houses too. i dunno why!! i used to live in a flat that had previously been army living quarters and that was the worst.

the only time i was really scared was when i was about 15 and a spirit started bashing about with things in my room then stood over me while i laid in bed staring straight into my face...like we were nose to nose. i was completely paralyzed with fear. then poof...he was gone. i knew why that was though...me and a friend had been messing with a ouija board. she experienced something a little scarier than me and it had been the same spirit. never did a board again :(

it can be suprising cos it happens so infrequently, its not like i am expecting it to happen but other times...there will be a bit of a build up so i know someone is around. most experiences have been good ones. a loved one or friendly spirit. my son is experiencing things at the moment and it is scaring him so i am trying to dig out a good medium that can help me do a house clearance lol.

i dont watch most haunted anymore because a lot of it is made up. if u wanna see how much of it is faked u should go see the clips of evie making noises and pretending she heard a ghost do it. i hate that kinda stuff! its on BadPsychics - www.badpsychics.co.uk - News

i think u have to be so so careful choosing someone to give u a reading. as u said urself, the reading u got could have applied to anyone. always get someone who is highly recommended. i would definately suggest trying a spiritual church. the first and only time i have been to one, i got such a specific reading that i was completely gobsmacked. i even got told very specific things that i didnt know about and had to ask my parents afterwards. he cant possibly have guessed them. in a spiritualist church, they r all volunteering so less likely to be fakes. having said that, it doesnt mean they they r good either. what is best is if u go along and meet a few of them. u will know when and who is the real deal. its much better than paying a lot of money to someone who is just shafting you.

I agree with you Karen. I've spent lots of hard earned dosh over the years on people who profess to be top mediums. the lady I see now I met through my local S Church and although she charges, its a minimal amount.

I agree with you Karen. I've spent lots of hard earned dosh over the years on people who profess to be top mediums. the lady I see now I met through my local S Church and although she charges, its a minimal amount.

Hi Tracey

You must have been over the moon when your Mum came through with that message, how amazing !!

I also live in Kent, do you know if your Medium only works in the Canterbury area?

ooh Karen !

that bit about the spirit being nose to nose with you, spent shivers down my spine, how on earth did you not pass out? :eek:

I agree with what you say about Most Haunted, it's such a shame as this programme was great when it first came on the TV, but I still think they must get some spooky things going on in these old castles

Your son has obviously picked up on your sensitivity, I guess unless anyone is sensitive you would never know if your house was haunted, so perhaps I am better off not being sensitive

Yes she does, she dosent drive, and I have to go to her.

tracey
x

Tracey

Would you be prepared to let me know how I could contact her, I know from me Canterbury is a bit of a journey, but if I was only doing it every now and then it would not matter too much.

If you did not want to post her details on this thread, would you be able to send me a private message with her details?

I will understand if you do not want to pass them on

Id love to go to a medium. I saw Colin Fry in Edinburgh last year and he was amazing.

My gran died when my niece was almost 2, shes 4 now and until very recently would 'see' my gran, mostly in the car. Shed have long serious conversations with her and I know you could say its a child with a vivid imagination but my brother said he got goosebumps watching her chat. He says hes in no doubt whatsoever that she saw something.

My aunt died very suddenly last year and there are loads of strange things have happened since then. Lights going on and off, stereos turning themselves on etc too many to mention and too many to be a coincidence. My niece has also seen her. once when I was with her, we were alone in the toilets of a restaurant when she got all excited and was pointing over my shoulder at 'grans friend' when I quizzed her about which friend she got all exasperated and said she didnt know (the name) but it was grans friend with the dog. Shed visited my aunt for only the 2nd time in her life just 3 weeks before my aunt died. When we got home my brother took out a photo album and flicked through it, without commenting, we got to the only photo of my aunt and the wee one said quite definitely 'Look, there she is, theres grans friend again'

I definitely like to think her and my gran are close by but would love to go to a medium and maybe (hopefully) make some real contact.

Hi Starlight

That is great story, they say that children can see and sense things and even remember their past life. It seems your Niece has most definitely seen your Gran and your Aunt, this must be very comforting to know they are still around.

I really believe when we leave this life there is more for us and I think there must be some truth in the statement by Tony Stockwell who says "the biggest lie we are ever told is that we die"! and hearing stories like yours just seem to confirm this.

I would still love something to happen to let me know my Dad is still around, the nearest thing I have had to thinking he may be trying to let me know he is around, is sometimes I get a very tiny feather (like the really tiny ones that come out of a duvet or pillow) float down in front of me sometimes just in front of my face so that my eyes catch the movement, it is always one little feather on it's own and sometimes if I look to see where it has gone, I cannot find it,
I seem to get this more when I am upset or having a bad time - maybe it's just my imagination !

I would love to see Colin Fry but I would love to have one to one or get on his show The Sixth Sense (much smaller audience), I could go and see him at a large theatre but the likelihood of him picking on me out of all those people I guess would be pretty unlikely.

Thanks for your story Starlight ....

OOh thanks Isobel,

I looked for that thread yesterday to post the link but couldn't find it :D

Happy reading ruby :p

I would still love something to happen to let me know my Dad is still around, the nearest thing I have had to thinking he may be trying to let me know he is around, is sometimes I get a very tiny feather (like the really tiny ones that come out of a duvet or pillow) float down in front of me sometimes just in front of my face so that my eyes catch the movement, it is always one little feather on it's own and sometimes if I look to see where it has gone, I cannot find it,
I seem to get this more when I am upset or having a bad time - maybe it's just my imagination !

Thats amazing! Thats something we've had happen quite often. Most recently when my niece was born, in October last year, my mum 'told' my gran and my aunt that my brother was a daddy again and Emma was a big sister and said shed wished they could have met Ciara. Not more than 1 hour later my brother phoned to say he & my sister in law had been sitting in the living room with the baby when a single white feather floated down - they said they actually sat open mouthed watching it - and landed on the chair nearest the wee ones car seat where she was fast asleep.

Theres NO logical explanation as to where it came from, but we do firmly believe it was my gran and aunt letting us know that they HAD indeed met Ciara :)

A perfect solution for getting rid of ghosts if you need too

Boofunny.gif

Back