has anyone found using all weeklies hinders weight loss?

Hi I eat all my weeklies and as long as I don't go over I lose about 1/2 to 1 lb per week. The few weeks that I have eat none or only a few weeklies I have lost more. This is a long term thing for me so I'm having my weeklies as it feels like I'm not on a 'diet' at all!

I'm still not convinced but I do eat them all!!

I felt like that too when I first joined. I think the problem for me before was that I was not planning my meals so would end up snacking on crap and eating takeouts. Being on WW means that I organise my diet better meaning I can eat loads of food cos I am eating good stuff! I honestly don't feel restricted at all on WW, I love it! Let us know how you get on x

The weeklies scare me too! This is day 4 of my diet and i've been eating them, mainly because it's one of the two weekends a month I get off work with my BF... but I feel like i'm not on a diet o.o; I had a kitkat chunky yesterday! We'll see Wed when I WI if it hindered or not.

You should be following the plan... and not worrying about what everyone else does :) If you are losing the recommended amount (0.5 - 2lbs) there is no point in trying to speed your weightloss by not eating weeklies. That really defeats the whole point of the plan.

If you've been at it for a long time and are seeing plateaus, you should be going back to the drawing board, tracking everything, making sure what you track is right, eating healthy food, checking you have the right amount of daily points, before you consider reducing weeklies. Even then it should only be a gradual thing until the numbers start going down again.

I feel like I harp on about it constantly... but here we go again.... eating less does not mean losing more! Your body is a clever thing. If you let it settle into a regular amount of calories/points/energy it will adjust itself to suit. While we all appreciate big losses, your body sees it as starvation and slows up so that its not consuming more than it should.

Asides all of this, weightwatchers is supposed to be a manageable life plan. If you purposely reduce your points without reason its only going to make it harder to stick to.

If you want big losses you should be trying a VLCD shake diet, not weightwatchers. :)

Hey just about to finish my second week,

Last week I used 21 of my weekly pp, I use them as a top up on treat night which is sat in our house, it's also near the end of my weight watchers week as I weigh in on a Monday, I found saving them for the weekend gives me something to look forward to an a little reward, plus my 29 daily points is fine so I don't feel the need in the week to use them, it helps me to plan treat night so I know I'm having say nando's an that way i can point it after and know whats left, in case I fancy a little chocolate after. Etc

It works for me so far, there available so that you can still feel normal on plan I lost 4.8lbs in that week but I also earnt 26 through exercise so I'm not sure what my loss would have been if I hadn't worked out and just used them?

Try it weight watchers for me anyway isn't a quick fix so just find your groove and go with it, if you don't loose as much as you'd like then re-think it. As long as your eating your dailies I'm lead to believe you can take or leave the weeklies.

Good luck it's a great plan I'm loving it so far, hope you do to, :0)

hannata said:
You should be following the plan... and not worrying about what everyone else does :) If you are losing the recommended amount (0.5 - 2lbs) there is no point in trying to speed your weightloss by not eating weeklies. That really defeats the whole point of the plan.

If you've been at it for a long time and are seeing plateaus, you should be going back to the drawing board, tracking everything, making sure what you track is right, eating healthy food, checking you have the right amount of daily points, before you consider reducing weeklies. Even then it should only be a gradual thing until the numbers start going down again.

I feel like I harp on about it constantly... but here we go again.... eating less does not mean losing more! Your body is a clever thing. If you let it settle into a regular amount of calories/points/energy it will adjust itself to suit. While we all appreciate big losses, your body sees it as starvation and slows up so that its not consuming more than it should.

Asides all of this, weightwatchers is supposed to be a manageable life plan. If you purposely reduce your points without reason its only going to make it harder to stick to.

If you want big losses you should be trying a VLCD shake diet, not weightwatchers. :)

Not saying I want a big loss or want to change diets? I am just really skeptical that I will have lost and was asking for advice?
I just don't feel like I am on a diet and for me I just wanted to know a)what others do and if I am doing it right and b)just to see what people do in general.

Sorry.

hi there

ive been doing pro points for a while and find that the weeks i eat more of my weeklys i tend to lose more! i know it sounds crazy but i find on weeks i dont eat allot of them or dont touch them my weight doesnt seem to budge. everyone is different and as i plan to be on it for the long haul i tend to go with what i feel some weeks i dont touch them if i dont need to or feel like it, then some weeks i may have a few of them and if im hungry i eat them all just use them however you feel if you need em eat em lol

hope thats helps :) x

Not saying I want a big loss or want to change diets? I am just really skeptical that I will have lost and was asking for advice?
I just don't feel like I am on a diet and for me I just wanted to know a)what others do and if I am doing it right and b)just to see what people do in general.

Sorry.

I was responding to your title "has anyone found using all weeklies hinders weight loss?" I wasn't meaning to offend or anything, just explaining the metabolic process :)

If you are eating your points as per your booklets, you are doing it right! I was a bit skeptical when I started ww too (when they did the old plan) but lo and behold I did lose weight! A lot of people have come and gone through the class and said the same thing, its perfectly natural.

If you are unsure that's reasonable. My advice would be to let the scales tell you. Give it a few weeks and see how you go x

Back