Has anyone here switched from Slimming World to the CD?

LisaC

Gold Member
I'm on my third time around doing SW & since April I've lost 1st 12lbs. I love that with SW I can eat lovely satisfying meals everyday but my losses are extremely slow.*I stick to it 100% (give or take the occasional blip for holidays/time away) but I'll lose 2-3lbs a month if I'm lucky.

Some of my friends have done well on the CD & I'm really looking into it. I don't mind spending the money if I know it's guaranteed to work.

I wondered if anyone has gone from a balanced diet to CD & not found themselves absolutely starving? And is the CD truly healthy if at first you eat meal replacement products & no good amounts of fresh fruit & vegetables? That's what I'm used you. Thanks in advance!!

Hi Lisa

I've also been doing SW for a couple of years on and off, and really enjoy the meals but, like you, have found it's just too slow for me. After speaking to a friend who's just lost loads of weight pretty quickly with Cambridge, I thought I'd give it a go too.

I only started last Monday but, according to my scales, it looks as though I've lost around 10lbs in my first week (!!), so my plan is to continue like this for a few weeks, allowing one or two blips over Xmas, and then when I get to my target I'd like to maintain using a combination of healthy low GI eating as well as my SW knowledge.

I can honestly say that I've got though this first week with NO cheating whatsoever. For the first few days I found I just missed actually chewing food a bit, but the meals filled me up, with no hunger at all. As long as you stick the guidelines and drink LOADS of water/black tea/black coffee, you'll be fine.

I would say "go for it" as you don't have to make a huge commitment ... you only pay for the products you buy ... and if you find you really can't cope with it after a week or two, you've not lost anything. (I would add that I think my weekly food bill, including my CD products, has actually been less this week!)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Firstly well done on your loss so far - 1 stone 12 is amazing and to have kept going since April is brilliant.

As for CD - well it will work as long as you stick to it, but, (why is there always a but) if you try and mix and match and substitute other things in and out then it won't and will end up being an expensive experiment. If you follow it strictly there is no way it can't work as you are consuming considerably less calories than you need and eating less than you burn=weight loss.

As to if it is healthy or not - well yes it is - you get all the vitamins and nutrition you need in the packs, yes they aren't packed nicely in fruit and vegetables but there is no guess work involved - everything you need and in the right balance) is there, but you will have to get your head around that there is no good amount of fruit and veg on CD if you are doing sole source. There are higher calorie plans which involve eating various food choices and some shakes but not at the lower levels.

You can be hungry the first few days, but it is manageable - particuarly if you keep busy (occupied) and drink lots and lots of water. Once you have gone into ketosis for most people the hunger stops and food (from a physical hunger point of view) becomes a non-issue - the emotional/habit side is another story as it is on any diet!

Whatever you decide to do good luck.

Thanks ladies.

Mrs O - do you know how it would affect your body if you gradually went back to SW once you got to your target? I find SW fits into my life whereas CD isn't long term, I would just be so worried about gaining the weight back quickly if I was to switch again from CD to SW...?

LisaC said:
Thanks ladies.

Mrs O - do you know how it would affect your body if you gradually went back to SW once you got to your target? I find SW fits into my life whereas CD isn't long term, I would just be so worried about gaining the weight back quickly if I was to switch again from CD to SW...?

I'll be going back to sw once I reach target. Like you it fits with life and family well. I'll work up the steps to be maintaining ad then move across unless of course I find cd way suits better. You never know x

CD journey. -11.1, -3.5, -2.6, -2, -5.7, -

I'll be going back to sw once I reach target. Like you it fits with life and family well. I'll work up the steps to be maintaining ad then move across unless of course I find cd way suits better. You never know x

CD journey. -11.1, -3.5, -2.6, -2, -5.7, -

I guess I'll try to do the same. Obviously I'll need to have worked through all the Cambridge stages before, and hopefully by then I'll have a much better working knowledge of the whole low cal/low GI way of eating. I'm hoping that many of the SW recipes I've gathered over the years will be suitable (or at the very last easily adapted to make more GI friendly).

To be honest, I will just be soooooo chuffed to finally get to my "perfect" size and will do anything it takes to maintain it!

Good luck x

I'm on my third time around doing SW & since April I've lost 1st 12lbs. I love that with SW I can eat lovely satisfying meals everyday but my losses are extremely slow.*I stick to it 100% (give or take the occasional blip for holidays/time away) but I'll lose 2-3lbs a month if I'm lucky.

Some of my friends have done well on the CD & I'm really looking into it. I don't mind spending the money if I know it's guaranteed to work.

I wondered if anyone has gone from a balanced diet to CD & not found themselves absolutely starving? And is the CD truly healthy if at first you eat meal replacement products & no good amounts of fresh fruit & vegetables? That's what I'm used you. Thanks in advance!!

probably repeating everyone else here...

• cd has 100% of the vits and mins you need. so therefore it is healthy.
  • yes you starve for the first 4 days as you're burning your excess stored carbs and then you go into ketosis and the hunger tends to stop or lowers so where you don't feel the hunger to eat.
  • you need to up your water intake to compensate for not getting the water from the foods that most people eat.

why not start eating more protein before you start (if you swap), get into ketosis that way then you'll not get or shouldn't get, the hunger.

I have gone from Weight Watchers to Cambridge Weight Plan. Cambridge is a fantastic diet and is well worth the money providing you have it in your head how much you want to lose weight. I have found you need to be very head strong or you will cheat, so that is the most important part of this diet really is wanting to suceed to the point you will not cheat. I have lost an incredible 3 and a half stone in two months soo to me Cambridge is well worth the money and effort :) Good Luck if you decide to join :)

Like Mishie I done WW before cambridge and although it was good because you had the freedom to eat anything you wanted I think thats where the temptation lies.
With CD everything you need is there, you don't have to work out points/weights/calories. It really does make it alot easier to stick to if you can over come the first hunger pains, but not everyone gets those :)
Plus its alot faster which keeps you motivated.
Good luck!

Back