Has anyone joined Slimming World Online ?

Am thinking of taking the plunge tonight and joining up online for the £80 3 month plan. I know it's a lot of money, but if it works then I would pay quadruple that!

Is anyone else on the paid plan, and if so is it worth it ? I can't get to class to that isn't an option..

Thanks in advance x

Hi there. I joined online in April and, about a day after, discovered this amazing site. Because I'd done SW in the past, but not too long ago, I knew all the basics and to be honest, I personally wish I'd saved my money. Just my opinion though. You don't get any of the books you receive in class either. Someone suggested on here a while ago that it's probably better to sign up to a class, get the books, have the initial talk to explain everything and then just do it from home, with the incredible support of this group. All I really use the online membership for is to log what I eat each day, which I could do on the computer or with a pen and paper and to occasionally check certain Syn values. This site though provides all the support and encouragement I could ever need and someone usually knows the Syn values too. Loads of brilliant recipes and meal plans and, above all, friendship. Hope this is useful. :)

I'm an online member. I find the online syns invaluable and I'm always looking things up, in the supermarket etc. it is expensive for what it is though. This site is fantastic and I use it as support and motivation, which slimming world online doesn't really offer. I do love my on line membership though and will renew when it expires.

I'm an online member too, and its ok. It has all the information, and for the first few months I found the articles they gave me after the weigh in fantastic, but i've read them all before now (i'm about 4 months in) and i dont find them as helpful and motivating as I did initially.
If you cant get to a meeting then I feel its definitely worth it imo, especially if you are new to the plan.

I've been an online member for a year and love it. I had only lived in a new area for 2 weeks before I decided to join but didn't want to go to class, and it's the best thing I've done. The renewal offers are even better value once the 3 months has passed, but you do have to set this manually, otherwise they will continue to take £20 each month (for example 6 months is £80). I use it several times a day, and this week I got to my target of 3st5lbs off, and have today re-set my target to lose another 7lbs. I did take a month out of membership last month and tried to rely on googling syns and using this website, but I got really frustrated and decided to resubscribe so I could have the information to hand again (plus the syns calculator is invaluable)

Thanks all for your replies. I took the plunge and joined for £64.95 :O - though this does include 7 issues of slimming world magazine over 12 months. So far I'm loving it !!!!

Classes didn't work for me as it was all about just going round the group, clapping everyone at their 1lb weight loss. So last time when I joined a couple of years ago, I just got the books and ran - but this didn't work as I struggled to find out the syns of foods.

I've only been joined 24 hours but I'm in love already! I've found out the syn values so easily of a lot of the items in my cupboards, and was surprised at how many of the items I had I could actually eat, whereas without the syn calculator I would have just dismissed them and stuck to a jacket potato and salad for the 6th night in a row.

Obviously this is just day one, and I haven't even lost yet, but I think I'll get on well online and am feeling really optimistic this time around! :)

Thanks all for your replies. I took the plunge and joined for £64.95 :O - though this does include 7 issues of slimming world magazine over 12 months. So far I'm loving it !!!!

Classes didn't work for me as it was all about just going round the group, clapping everyone at their 1lb weight loss. So last time when I joined a couple of years ago, I just got the books and ran - but this didn't work as I struggled to find out the syns of foods.

I've only been joined 24 hours but I'm in love already! I've found out the syn values so easily of a lot of the items in my cupboards, and was surprised at how many of the items I had I could actually eat, whereas without the syn calculator I would have just dismissed them and stuck to a jacket potato and salad for the 6th night in a row.

Obviously this is just day one, and I haven't even lost yet, but I think I'll get on well online and am feeling really optimistic this time around! :)

Glad you're enjoying it - I wouldn't be where I am today without SW online :-D Receiving the magazine is an added bonus and helps keep you on track too :-D

I am a group member and I can access all the online tools, too. Like the syn calculators, recipes, progress charts, .... Has the website got additional features to that when you have online membership?

Yep i'm an online member too! I too am glad that i have the Syn calculator, because for the first week i struggled to stay within the 15 syns.

I paid online for 6 months last year, stopped and gradually fell off the wagon. Rejoined jan this year, been stuck to it ever since, and even though i only use the site to log my weight, knowing I am a paying member and losing £20 a month if i don't stick to it does help my motivation

Well I joined back up today online. Was a group member until feb/march time and managed to get to target and lose about 2and a bit stone but have put nearly 1st back on cos couldn't go to group anymore. Took the plunge today. Motivates me to see my little graph going down so thought I'd try it from home for a bit. Already have the new books so did the silver version at £64.95 for 3 months. Looking forward to getting back to it.

Back