Has anyone made the SW mince pies yet???

Mim

Hi,
my SW class is having a xmas party next wednesday and we all have to bring some food, I found mince pies on the slimming world website. They look devine and are only 3 1/2 syns. Has anyone made them before, are they nice and do you think people will eat them even though they have syns????
I was also going to make quark with a little milk, cinamon and home made vanille sweetener to go with it.

noooooooooooo this mince pie talk has to stop! we r all mince pie crazy tonight!! ....

lol

in our group there hasnt been a talk of a party ;-(

Well, we have to overcome these mince pie dreams and get on with it then....lol I will make them as I think 3 1/2 syns wil be well worth it!!!! And they are on the SW website so they can't be that bad.....can they.???
I too want to loose 6 stone, but I will just set small goals at the time, at the moment I'm aiming for a very unrealistic 1st stone of by xmas, but you never know. ;O)
Watched a program tonight, they used edible glitter & stars, nice touch I think, just need to find out if they are made out of sugar :O(
Keep it up, and good luck.

I haven't made them personally, but our consultant made some and brought them in for us to test and they were yummy, def worth making, I know I am going to ;)

xx :)

Ohhh good, I might have a trail run this weekend then...soo naughty, well the kids can take them to school, I only need a couple to taste them. ;O) :)
Thank you xx

For the pastry:
227g/8oz plain flour
Pinch of salt
113g/4oz margarine or butter
Cold water, for mixing

For the filling:
16 level tablespoons mincemeat
1 level tablespoon icing sugar, for dusting

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas Mark 5. Lightly spray some bun trays with Fry Light.
2. Make the pastry. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the fat, cut up into little pieces. Gently rub it in with your fingertips. Add sufficient cold water to mix to a ball that leaves the sides of the bowl clean. Rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 32 rounds with a 7½cm / 3in fluted cutter. Use to line the prepared bun tins.
4. Divide the mincemeat between the pastry cases. Roll out the remaining pastry trimmings and make some little stars with a small star cutter. Use to decorate the tops of the tarts.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and lightly coloured. Cool on a wire rack and dust lightly with sifted icing sugar.

Makes: 32 tarts
Syns per tart:
3½ on Extra Easy, Green and Original

I bought all the ingredients, spent ages picking the mince with the least sugar, fat and so on, and got the lightest marg for cooking I could find!!!! Will be making them tomorrow, does anyone know where I can get hold of edible glitter for deco??????? :)

Well guys, I have made them they looked amazing and I thought they were really yummy. Th elady's at the SW party weren't overly keen on eating them as someone else had made some filo pastry ones which were less syns. I thought mine were nicer as they looked and felt like the real thing. My kids have woolved down the lot since then and I will make some more for xmas. Well worth the 3 1/2 syns in my eyes. <:O)

Hi
I made them and they were awesome, edible glitter comes from most good cake shops or hobbycraft, I bought mine on ebay for my daughters christmas cake x

Back