Has anyone studied their food diaries ?

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
Hi all( just a little research into SW lol):gen144:
I am intrigued having read several of the threads on here that everyone has a individual responses to eating differently even though we are all on the same plan. Some say eat all your syns, some say restrict them, some say eat only till your full, others say eat as much as you like etc.
So looking back at weeks of sticking to plan what pattern has had the best results for you and what seems to sabbotage your losses? It would make interesting reading. So i'll kick off :eek:
I certainly have noticed that if I eat too many berries or not enough leafy vegetables my weight slows to virtually stationary.

I found that if i restrict syns to less than 10 i would lose less where as if i keep to 15 i lose more!!!!
Also bread is another one i try to avoid along with bananas!

I say that eating only til you're full and eating as much as you like are essentially the same thing. Once people get their minds around that, the diet becomes second nature.

I say that eating only til you're full and eating as much as you like are essentially the same thing. Once people get their minds around that, the diet becomes second nature.
I would beg to differ (in a nice way ) I have a friend who can eat all day and never feel full up Her body doesn't register the signals. Whenever there is food around she will eat it even if she has just had a ten course meal !! xx

I would beg to differ (in a nice way ) I have a friend who can eat all day and never feel full up Her body doesn't register the signals. Whenever there is food around she will eat it even if she has just had a ten course meal !! xx

Yeah, I used to be the same, until I started Slimming World and realised that eating til I was full WAS the same as eating what I liked. Believe me, I understand what you mean but I didn't get to be 23 stone by eating salad til I was bursting, and neither did your friend get to be the size she is (assuming she's overweight if she eats like that) by stuffing her face with salad.

I just like different things now, and now it's clicked into place I can eat until i'm stuffed with good wholesome foods, i've dropped 8 and a half stone and my food portions are still massive. It's all mental. There's even that syndrome, Prader Willi syndrome, which I really don't believe in. Put a mental illness label on something and it will be used as an excuse to eat.

For me now, the above IS one and the same thing. For your friend, it's not yet, which is the point I was trying to make.

Yeah, I used to be the same, until I started Slimming World and realised that eating til I was full WAS the same as eating what I liked. Believe me, I understand what you mean but I didn't get to be 23 stone by eating salad til I was bursting, and neither did your friend get to be the size she is (assuming she's overweight if she eats like that) by stuffing her face with salad.

I just like different things now, and now it's clicked into place I can eat until i'm stuffed with good wholesome foods, i've dropped 8 and a half stone and my food portions are still massive. It's all mental. There's even that syndrome, Prader Willi syndrome, which I really don't believe in. Put a mental illness label on something and it will be used as an excuse to eat.

For me now, the above IS one and the same thing. For your friend, it's not yet, which is the point I was trying to make.
Derrrrrrr I am being a bit slow tonite (not unusual ) Yes I can see what you mean totally xx

Ahhh don't mind me, I get on my SW soapbox sometimes. Plus i've been trying not to think about chips all day since my monthly visitor came to call.

It's not quite studying my food diaries, but I have noticed that the first few weeks newbies follow slimming world they tend to stuff themselves until they literally can't get anything else in, just to see if the diet really does work, to see if you really can eat unlimited amounts of those free foods as well as treats and extras. And generally the first few weeks equal a good weight loss.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

I have my best weeks (3-7lbs) when I eat loads and loads - but only loads and loads on red days. If I eat loads and loads on green I tend to lose no more than 2lb tops.

i study my food just general and I change my asda shopping like 50 times its shocking how obessed you get and overwhelmed with ideas lol

I stopped eating bread and that has been a great help. Baked beans seem to be very good for weight loss too. Bananas in moderation. Lots of water and fish!

For me it's moderating the alcohol!. I've stopped the bananas, (mainly because they go off and you get those small flies in wsummer!) But berries as a sweet always work and fish meals. I keep a diary and if I'm struggling I go back to a week where I lost alot and try and repeat it.
I notice now, that I am tending to leave things on my plate once I'm full instead of clearing my plate. Who'd have thought it?

I keep all my diaries on-line. Im going to have to have to study them now.... This sounds an intruiging topic!
I know i tend to lose more over the week if i stick to green. I think its maybe because i feel fuller much quicker and for much longer. There is then less chance of me picking or snacking! I never ever have less than 15 syns a day (sometimes a few more if im being naughty, but then im straight down the gym the next day!!)

I find lots of fruit, mainly melon(bizaar i know) tends to make me shift weight, and swimming, which is a shame because i never get to.
i use lots of tinned toms/passata in things, but i find if i make sauces to top pasta from it, rather than using them in stuff like chilli, i seem to lose more wieght too.. proberly all in my head but there you go.

cant say about water for sure, as im a diet coke addict and im sure my insides are suffering nicely, but have set myself a water challenge this week so i'l see..

and hand on heart i'd say, im more likly to loose weight relaxing with it. If im having a good week and i dont feel stressed, aslong as i still have clear motivation .. the less stressed i am the easier it comes off, maybe this is because when your stressed about it, nothings ever enough. but being happy and relaxed makes it all seem so much easier.. and its easier to be pleased for yourself.. keeps your mind clear for the week ahead. x

I eat lots of salads, veggies and fruit, drink lots of water, and eat fish, white meat and quorn and 'touch wood' everything seems to be working well so far.

This is so interesting. I've been wondering the same questions for a while, but my problem is that I'll keep a food diary to the letter when I'm on track and organised, but when i'm not doing so well is when I tend to be too busy and disorganised, and i don't write it down at all. So it means I can't really make a fair comparison. Must write everything down I think and then analyse it. Losing my last stone seems to be the hardest thing ever, so if I can crack what foods are best I'll be over the moon! Now where's that pen...

Yes, I have studied my food diaries. I find that having a few Red days helps me to lose/maintain, whereas too many Green/EE have the adverse effect.

Again, bananas... I only have a maximum of one per day.

And I always include as many speed foods as possible.

Back