Has anyone tried a book called 'Fat-burner foods'?

monkey30

Determined and motivated!
Hey all,
has anyone heard of, or used a book called 'Fat-burner foods. Eat yourself thin in 14 days' by Dr. Caroline M. Shreeve?

I bought it today and it claims to guarantee 6-7lb weight loss a week by doing a 14-day rapid fat loss menu plan followed by a 14-day stabilizer plan (where you can still lose around 2lb per week). It claims to get your body into ketosis with food, utilising low-GI, fat burner protein and negative calorie foods!!

The menu's in it look really tasty, and quite easy to make. I'm thinking of adopting the stabilizer section after refeed and just wondered if anyone else had heard of it or used it?
Thanks
KT x

Always a sucker for something like this - I've just ordered it from Amazon - £3.93 - free delivery - be rude not to ;):)

Thanks KT! x

It sounds very similar to other of the GL diet approaches. I have Patrick Holford and he covers a "fat burning" phase in his plan. You are right the foods are lovely. But remember, portion sizes are TINY. weigh the recipes out and it looks small but you get used to it. It is easy to adjust to it after being on TFR.

keep me posted wwhat you think

Always a sucker for something like this - I've just ordered it from Amazon - £3.93 - free delivery - be rude not to ;):)

Thanks KT! x

Hey Jan, let me know what you think when you receive the book. I have read it cover to cover and i am very impressed!!! :D

Will do! :) x

My copy arrived Iris, I haven't read it all yet. What I have read hasn't told me anything I didn't know but then I've done negative calorie diet before and the content/concept is very similar. I'm not sure I could stick to the plan as it is in the book - if you like I'll send it to you so you can have a read and see what you think x

What it HAS done is made me decide to make a big pan of my negative calorie soup and have a few days of that! I have to do SOMETHING to shift these 5-6lbs!!!! xx

Oh I havent heard of a negative diet though Jan! I thought it would be a bit like Atkins!! Is it?
mmm.......maybe once you have finished with it, I can have a read and send it straight back! But I am trying to be sensible and not get frightened of carbs again, so if this is no carb, then I wil steer clear :-0

I bought the Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Mag today....a great diet for either 7 or 14 days, and what you can eat is amazing.....and you can lose up to (that magic word) 7lbs..that would bring you way over what you want to lose.

Could scan and email it to you if you like???? It does look quite good actually and some of the meals are meals I would eat.

No it's not like Atkin's Iris - loads of veg and stuff and a stabilising plan where you have more things. If you pm me your address I'll send it off to you in a few days.

I'm always happy to have a look at things like the RC plan you mention - if it's not too much trouble. I think what irritates me is the fact that I seem to need a flippin' plan at all!! I got quite down at one point today. We were out and I even thought of texting you as I felt I needed a talking-to. Just one of those 'am I never going to be able to relax around food' ... 'I hate this' days.
I only have 9 weeks till I've been maintaining for a year and while I know that's good - I don't feel I've been maintaining, I feel I've been yo-yo-ing but with lbs rather than stones. Is this what maintaining is? Is this what thin people do? Eat too much then eat less to compensate?

I'm better now but had HUGE wobble today :eek: ***sigh*** xx

awwww...Jan,,,you know you can text me anytime!!!! Will always make time for you as you have always made it for me!!!!!

I read that Mike Scott every Saturday and now follow him on FB and think "will I ever get to the point he has got to"....he doesnt really tell you exactly how he started thinking like a thin person!! Wish he would and it might make sense.

I am probably not the best person anyway to say what a thin person should think like, but all I know Jan is that you have maintained - yes, in your own unique style...with your wee tipples here and there ;-)!! But, you have not put all your weight back on..that in itself is an achievement and not something to be sniffed at..it is brill and I do see people who have posted saying you are the reason they have started LT!!!! So, you are an inpiration to a hell of a lot of people...and very down to earth with your advice too!!!

You have had one of those days and sometimes those days are actually good cause it makes us take stock and realise that maybe something has to shift????? Maybe you are thinking too much????? Maybe you need to relax a bit more???? enough ????? hahaha.....I just think, well, a skinny person doesnt even THINK what they eat, but we seem to focus a lot on it; maybe that is where we need to adjust our living, not necessarily on our eating! Make sense??? seems a bit longwinded that...

Anyway, I will PM you my address..and I will scan and email that diet for you.....if I wasnt TFRing I would do it, and still might after refeed!

Jan, we will get there,,,you are a lot closer than I am and have proved that it can be done, 1 year on!! Well done you Mrs :))))))

Thanks Iris - have replied to your pm .... I DO spend far too much time thinking about food - it wouldn't be OTT to say I'm obsessed ***sigh*** ...... I don't know! What am I like?!

I certainly don't know what I'd do without this site - I know that much. Sometimes I have something in my hand and think 'but I'd have to post it' and put it down LOL!!!

Oh dear ... hey ho ..... maybe I should train for the marathon!! NOT!! xx

hey ladies,
Jan, what do you think of the stabalisation plans? Do you think they are something to maintain in the future? x

I know what you mean about maintaining Jan, I feel very much the same, but when I have been on diets before I have soon lasped back, I think I would rather worry about a few pounds than go back to the weight I was before. Iris how is it going and how much more do you want to lose?

Hmmmmm - maybe for a couple of weeks monkey but I don't think they'd do long term for me, too much 'faffing'. I like things I can throw together, though maybe once you're used to the things in those plans they are throwable too. It doesn't grab me personally but I can understand how it might be a good tool for some xx

Not on the last address I sent you, but I haven't checked the website yet (spiritofreiki) .. don't worry - you can give it to me soon .... YEEEEEEEEES !! xx

Hmmmmm - maybe for a couple of weeks monkey but I don't think they'd do long term for me, too much 'faffing'. I like things I can throw together, though maybe once you're used to the things in those plans they are throwable too. It doesn't grab me personally but I can understand how it might be a good tool for some xx

i think i'm going to concentrate on the refeed and see how that goes.... i've done my first week menu plan tonight for me and the hubbie!! I've ordered a tesco shop to be delivered on friday night, and saturday morning me and the dog are off to the butchers!!!
I can't wait for my first meal!! Saturday evening, chicken, salad and balsamic vinegar yum yum yummy!!!

I found out today that the first residential training course i was meant to be on in May has been cancelled, so i feel a bit better about that as i'll be at home and be able to control my eating!! from 24th may i'll be staying in a hotel for a week.....and that thought scares me!!!
xx

Back