Has anyone used a tefal for chips?

Just wondering how many syns it would be to have a portion of chips this way? I only place one spoon of oil in the chips. Hopefully someone will help on this

A teaspoon of oil is 2 syns, and a tablespoon is 6 syns. My green spoon that came with the Actifry holds a tablespoon if filled right to the top. So if you used one full Actifry spoon to make 3 portions it would be 2 syns per portion, to make 4 portions it would be 1 1/2 syns per portion.

I've waffled on. Just divide the syns in however much oil you used by how many portions it made. :)

Edited to add: this assumes you've used fresh potato which doesn't need to be synned on Green or Extra Easy. Frozen chips do have syns.

Try doing a search as there are lots of threads about the actifry - some people don't use any oil which would save you some syns

I have one it's fab! If you're doing a green day you could use one of your healthy b's for a tablespoon if oil.

A lot of people spray the chips with fry light instead of using oil which would make them free

I also find you can make tasty chips without using the amount of oil they suggest - I use about 1/2 the recommendation if using oil.

Back