Has RTM Changed?

I've heard it's changing too. I think there are different options for making it as long as you want it to be (to a certain extent) 20lbs off my goal so need to find out soon! Everything seems to be changing with LL at the moment. Hope it's a positive thing. I'm never keen on too much change!

Yeah, I know what you mean Rach. I don't think some of the changes have been good for the brand. (LLL for one).

I also don't really like that the groups are rolling and people join anytime - too many faces come and go - its unsettling if the group ahs been making strides and progress and then lose momentum while catching up new starters. I think the closed groups were better.

But hey ho - lifes all about changes, ay?

:)

I agree about the coming and goings in the groups, I find it unsettling, you just start to gel with the group and it's change.
I spoke to my new LLC tonight about management as I think I'm almost there, she said it's now 8 weeks long, rather than trigger foods, goes into more about food values, balanced diet living! I am looking forward to it and am getting more info next week.
Jx

You can only join the group every four weeks but it's definitely unsettling. It means people won't have to wait too long before joining I suppose. But it does mean you have the same conversation veery four weeks as new people join and want to know all the rules and ask what you're allowed to eat, what the aveerage weekly loss is, if you're going to eat at christmas, can you have coke zero etc etc! I have life long friends from my first group. I don't even know the names of some of my current one!

My group is so small there's no option but to let people come and go - although maybe that's just because there are far fewer men than women. A couple of times I've been the only one there - but at least my LLC is happy to run sessions with just me, and because I'm getting so close to target we've been leaving the books aside and talking about the kind of things I'll be doing once I start RTM.

I've had details of the new RTM format. Instead of 12 weeks, it's 8 stages. You can stay on a stage longer than one week if you want. The foods that get introduced at each stage are phased in based mainly on their Glycaemic Index, so that the carbs start to build up very slowly, with slow-release ones coming before quick-release ones.

Ulysses31 said:
My group is so small there's no option but to let people come and go - although maybe that's just because there are far fewer men than women. A couple of times I've been the only one there - but at least my LLC is happy to run sessions with just me, and because I'm getting so close to target we've been leaving the books aside and talking about the kind of things I'll be doing once I start RTM.

I've had details of the new RTM format. Instead of 12 weeks, it's 8 stages. You can stay on a stage longer than one week if you want. The foods that get introduced at each stage are phased in based mainly on their Glycaemic Index, so that the carbs start to build up very slowly, with slow-release ones coming before quick-release ones.

Great I can't wait for my session on Thursday to get the details! And start....... When are you starting?

Jx

I'm probably starting in 2 weeks - I'm actually quite glad it's changed to a format where I can do it over 8 weeks rather than 12, as I feel long reintroductions are probably better suited to those who've been on Total for longer. I've only been on it for three months so I don't think my body will struggle too much to adapt.

They make a point of saying it's 8 *stages* rather than weeks. In stage 1 you're actually still on 4 packs with a small meal, and your veg choices are very limited and must be raw. In stage 2 you can cook your veg, and you have 3 portions rather than 2. I think that's when you go down to 3 packs.

Can't remember the progression for the rest off the top of my head, but my LLC did press the point that you can stay on each stage as long as you want. Not sure that's such a good thing to say, as 99% of people will choose not to due to cost, impatience, or a combination of the two.

Cant delete post fully. well done on your loss by the way, amazing x

Last edited:
I'm so sorry my little boy got hold of my phone (touch screen) and before I knew it he'd posted on here. I will log computer on and see if I can delete it, sorry again x

Back