Has Slimming World worked for you when no other plan has?

I tried several diets in the past and as others have said, boring, felt hungry all the time etc...
When I started SW I started to modify all the dishes I liked to be SW friendly, that way it's not like any other diet out there!
What other "diet" lets you have KFC drumsticks, pizza's, kebab's, curries, pasties, big breakfast's just to mention a few........

Hi

I tried WW before SW and didn't like it. Having to point everything stressed me out, and I was always hungry. I love the flexibility of SW, knowing I can eat until I an full and also have syns. I have lost two stone in three months on SW - it works!

Hiya,

Here is my 2 pennies worth lol

I would say that i have been able to lose weight in other ways successfully in the past however i have never found these other methods to be something you could carry through into your day to day non dieting life.

With Slimming Worlds plan i can honestly say that this is the first weight loss plan i have fealt that i could incorporate into my life on an ongoing basis without feeling like i am missing out terribly.

I also feel that when you do have slip ups that because (on extra easy at least) you are eating large meals with pretty much all of the major food groups that 1 bad day doesnt do the damage that it does on other plans where you arent allowed certain food types, because lets be honest those are the ones you always crave, all slimming world asks you to do is take responsability for how much of those food types you have in your diet.

I have lost 29.5lbs so far and i have had my fair share of slip ups over the 5 weeks i have been doing it and yet if i get back on plan the next day it still generally ends up the week with a loss of some sort, you cant argue with that now can you!

Morrigan - your food sounds fantastic!! You're doing a great job - do you have a diary on here?

OP - can only re-iterate what's already been said. I've been on the 'diet' for almost 2 years now and it's changed my life. I've rarely felt deprived or hungry, love being in control and would recommend SW to anyone. I can honestly see me eating this way forever as I still enjoy it and it suits my lifestyle. Lots of luck x

Hiya,

I would say that i have been able to lose weight in other ways successfully in the past however i have never found these other methods to be something you could carry through into your day to day non dieting life.

With Slimming Worlds plan i can honestly say that this is the first weight loss plan i have fealt that i could incorporate into my life on an ongoing basis without feeling like i am missing out terribly.

Actually Paul you make an excellent point - even though I got a bit carried away and practically wrote 'War and Peace' as my answer :D ... I missed that one out lol!!

I have actually lost weight before - at the start of last year, I gave up wine, bread, pasta etc. - got a pedometer and started walking 10,000 steps a day. The weight dropped off me BUT ... I was starving all the time, I put the walking in front of my work (and I'm self employed) and felt guilty and agitated if I didn't meet my quota of steps every day - sometimes going out and pounding the streets late at night to 'catch up'. I was exhausted and irritable plus my finances were suffering because I was so obsessed with the walking and meeting the steps quota every day.

I got this horrific rash on the front of my shins (I can't say for certain it was because of my 'regime' but it does seem odd it appeared at that time, and must at the very least have been stress related) .. I was hungry, irritable and anxious. Yes I lost weight but there was no way on earth I could have kept that up - I lasted until the beginning of March ... and needless to say, ended up putting all the weight back on and more.

SW I can do every day - it's become part of my way of life in five short weeks. I do still go out walking because I do get 'cabin fever' working from home and being stuck in the house all day, but it's now a pleasure and not a chore. .. Some days I get all my steps in and some days I don't, but I don't stress about it. Work comes first (as it should - if I don't work I don't earn any money basically) and like last week I was busy and could barely get out at all, but I still lost 2lbs. :)

Back