Step 1 Sole Source + HATE THE SHAKES

Emz33

Hey Guys,

So I started CD last week im on day 6 found the first few days fine but found today quiet hard.

In the past week,I now know what shakes I like and the ones I dont, feel there so powdery, does anybody else think this?

Find the soups fine and for my meal i usually have chicken and green veg or fish, feel like im going to start growing a tail from all the fish!!!!

Question for yer CB oldies can you do 1 shake, two soups as appouse to 2 shakes, 1 soup-Or could I swap a shake for a boiled egg?

My weigh-in is on Wednesday Morning I hope I loose some weight,Im really determind at the moment, and im really trying.

I feel everywhere I look theres FOOD, there was an add for Mc Donalds on TV earlier nearly licked the TV screen!:mad:

Would love to hear your suggestions and tips??

E x

You can have whatever flavours you like, there are no restrictions (for example I weekly have 21 chocolate mint shakes - as they are my favourite!) There is nothing to make you have a mixture of soups and shakes! Be careful with swapping a shake for a boiled egg though because it opens the door to temptation if you start having things you shouldn't have (unless you had the egg rather than fish/chicken). As your weigh in is tomorrow, hang in there for today and in the morning just order the ones you like, whether that means you are having soup for breakfast or not!! You will be surprised at the scales tomorrow, you will have a fab loss :) .

Unfortunately there will be food everywhere and you are more likely to notice it! Distraction is the best thing! Most people on CD have the cleanest houses around!!

Best of luck and keep us updated with your first loss!

I hated the shakes, and the first time I did Cambridge (4 years ago) spent 6 months where I only ate chocolate tetras. Like you I hated the powdery taste. However, thought I would give one a go last week, and this time used a proper blender rather than a handheld and it was gorgeous. I mixed it for ages and put in some ice to crush. I am now very excited at all the new flavours I can try.

You can have as many soups as you like instead of shakes, they are interchangeable, so have whatever soups you like.

Good luck, and stick with it.

I am now on step 2 so have a small meal as well as the 3 products. What I do is I have 1 bar, 1 mix a moose and in then evening I use a very little amount of water to mix up a chocolate shake and make it into a pudding like consistency. I don't like the soups or porridges and felt 3 shakes was too much on top of the water. The above has made no difference to my losses. Mix it up a little :) variety is definitely the key to this diet!!

Lynne - 81.5lbs down 14lbs to go... :)

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your help well done on yer weight loss, ***** LMS you have lost so much,How long did it take you?

Had my first weight in yesterday and was down 9lbs so was trilled with that.

I spoke to the Cambridge Constultant and I decided to go with 1 shake and two soups so i guess its banana and potato and leek soup for the next couple of weeks!Yipppee....

I know you always loose more in your first week but im hoping ill get the other 4lbs off and be down a stone by next weigh in!!

I started to use the ice in the shakes aswell so its a bit nicer!!

Is it only me or do ye think about food all the time?Maybe this is why Im over weight!:)

E x

I've just started week 23, well that was on Tuesday. 14lbs to go :). Booked a holiday to Turkey today so power on for goal. It's not until July so I will be there :). But to anyone at the beginning of their CD journey, stick with it, 5 months ago I felt like I was going to be on the diet forever but it really has flown past and the weight has fallen off. Keep going, it's definitely worth it :)

Lynne - week 23, 81.5lbs down 14lbs to go... :)

Back