Hating it!

Thanks Slinky.
I am with fatpossum. Obviously positive strokes are great but it's the people who think you are stupid for being on a VCLD and who have never had a weight problem and therefore go on about the traditional healthy eating/exercise and critise from that respect. I don't mnid genuine curosity and I love the LL approach but it is the people who are against it that I have a problem with. I don't like having to defend it rather than celebrate it!

That is just it, exactly!!!!

I had this problem from a woman at work recently, she was a bit obsessed with my weight loss (she is overweight and was trying to lose weight).

She said to my colleagues in front of me.. "Donna has lost so much weight."

Upon finding out how much I lose a week, "What? She lost so much in a week, how is that possible?"

The other week, she asked...."How many calories are you on?" After I gave my answer, she exclaimed, "You are going to disappear!!" I said no, and tried to explain but she said "Yes, you are!" and then she walked off!

I was ANNOYED! :mad:

Oh, I should add that I have received emails from ladies in other departments commenting on my weight loss - they thought I looked great and asked what was my secret! I was encouraged by their compliments! They were very nice!

Last edited:
It's an interesting area though isn't it? I'm with fatposs on this one. I posted this on AJ's management thread about a month ago as I was really suffering with more or less the exact situation:

For way too many reasons to go into, I've not made any official announcements that I'm doing LL, other than to my friends and family. I just can't bear it being the talking point, particularly at work. Anyway, now that I'm over 5st down the comments are flying. They're all very positive and I really don't want to sound whingey, but they're starting to freak me out and yesterday I actually got really angry with this girl at work who literally interrogated me "I can't believe how amazing you look, what have you been doing, tell me everything" She just wouldn't let it drop.

Now for me, my 'lil LL journey is all about killing some life long demons and dealing with some massive issues. It's not up for discussion with a virtual stranger at the coffee machine. I just can't bear it!! I was soooo angry, I mean, how would people feel if I just started randomly commenting on their physical appearance? I was really thinking, 'what right have you got to ask me about this?!'
Don't get me wrong, I truly value all of the fabulous comments from my F's & F's, but the others - it's driving me nuts! I guess it's a bit like being constantly on the end of unsolicited advice! 'Did I ask for your opinion?' That kind of thing.

I wondered if anyone else was experiencing this? At the minute I'm just kind of mumbling 'thanks' and trying to move the conversation on!

I just don't want to discuss my private life with someone I barely know, and have got very angry about certain people feeling they have every right to interrogate me about something so personal! I think the fact that we are of varying opinion on this whole subject does mean that there is a real sensitivity here, which some people will feel more than others.

As for the positive strokes, fabulous compliments and genuine interest from my beloved friends and family...bring-it-on!! Can't get enough of that! :D

Incidentally, I seem to have got past the whole anger thing now. If a relative stranger asks/comments etc I just say 'thanks, I've been on a diet and going to the gym' and move on like a slim thighed gazelle :D (it's WI tomorrow and after no updates on the ticker for 2 weeks now as I've been away, I'm hoping to be hovering around the 6st loss mark - loving that!)
:D

Back