Hating refeed

nictastic

Says it as it is!!!
Yup, you heard it... i hate it.. i have stomach ache and feel bloated...roll on next tuesday when i can get back on the shakes!!!

Awww sweetie! So how come you're going back on shakes? xxx

Well i planned to do the shakes for 2 more weeks, but decided i wanted to drink while i was camping...so i refed early!, so after i come back i have 2 more weeks and then i will refeed agai n and lose the rest n atkins if i havent lost my last 9 or so lbs( and what ever i gain camping!!)

Sorry to hear you are feeling cr*p but only a few days and you can get back on the shakes.

Hope you had a great weekend.

x

maybe try smaller amounts of food, or soup based if you can, like boil the food together and have it as a soup, or mash it into baby food first, so its alredy been broken down for your tummy.

hope you feel better soon, there is always good old fashion peppermint tea too!

xx

Cheers guys ...soup sounds good...it could just be a bug, but started when i started refeed?

Snap, I feel the same, i know where your coming from! Hope you get yourself sorted soon. Luckily I got alot of shakes so am gonna do 2 a day then an evening meal! Don't like food anymore it's not my friend!:cry:
T x

i refeed on wednesday.... scary...

Is there any way you guys can do a more gradual refeed - I'm on W8 and we don't reintroduce high carb foods for at least 9 weeks not 4 days!! I know the other VLCDs also have a much slower reintroduction of carbs too - it may help with the bloatedness.

Just a thought - Lipotrim seems to be the only VLCD to get you back to "normal" foods so quickly, all the other gradually reduce the number of packs and up the amount of food so your body gets used to it and you work out which foods are triggers etc. I have to drop to 3 packs and have a low fat low carb meal for 3 weeks, then 2 packs and 2 meals - reintroducing some higher carbs food - eg some low GI fruit, then 3 weeks on 1 pack and 2 meals with more foods allowed - eg. sweet potato, wholegrains, beans/pulses etc. We then have to severely limit potatoes/rice/pasta etc forever!!!!!

Don't know whether its possible - but maybe it might help. I think your body has got used to certain amounts of protein/carb/fat etc and it can't cope very well with eating more. I went for a Japanese meal on Sat night, where most of it was healthy - but there was some rice, and there was a lot of food. I got back home and was really ill - on toilet for an hour (TMI sorry) had to go to bed with stomach gurgling and hurting. I think my body just cant deal with the amount of food and the carbs.

Sorry if you think I'm butting in - didn't mean to - just wondered whether you had to stick to the set refeed plan or tweak it a bit to suit you better?

Carol x

Little and often.. Little and often....:D:D:D

Cheers guys ...soup sounds good...it could just be a bug, but started when i started refeed?

I hated refeed too nick, with a bloody passion!!! Just wondering where do you get your packs, do ya gem em from a chemist?

Is there any way you guys can do a more gradual refeed - I'm on W8 and we don't reintroduce high carb foods for at least 9 weeks not 4 days!! I know the other VLCDs also have a much slower reintroduction of carbs too - it may help with the bloatedness.

Just a thought - Lipotrim seems to be the only VLCD to get you back to "normal" foods so quickly, all the other gradually reduce the number of packs and up the amount of food so your body gets used to it and you work out which foods are triggers etc. I have to drop to 3 packs and have a low fat low carb meal for 3 weeks, then 2 packs and 2 meals - reintroducing some higher carbs food - eg some low GI fruit, then 3 weeks on 1 pack and 2 meals with more foods allowed - eg. sweet potato, wholegrains, beans/pulses etc. We then have to severely limit potatoes/rice/pasta etc forever!!!!!

Don't know whether its possible - but maybe it might help. I think your body has got used to certain amounts of protein/carb/fat etc and it can't cope very well with eating more. I went for a Japanese meal on Sat night, where most of it was healthy - but there was some rice, and there was a lot of food. I got back home and was really ill - on toilet for an hour (TMI sorry) had to go to bed with stomach gurgling and hurting. I think my body just cant deal with the amount of food and the carbs.

Sorry if you think I'm butting in - didn't mean to - just wondered whether you had to stick to the set refeed plan or tweak it a bit to suit you better?

Carol x

this sounds like a good plan for you nic as you are carb sensitive. try smaller portions too, your tummy has shrunk so its just not used to food anymore.

just give it time.

xx

Tbh, refeed scares me rigid, although I am a long way from it! Carol, what you say makes an awful lot of sense and I was already considering reintroducing food a lot slower than LT suggest, staying on 2 shakes for longer then 1 shake. When I get closer I was planning to chat to my pharmacist or ring LT.

Any advice and experiences others have been through is gratefully received.

x

If it helps I would be happy to post the details of what we are allowed to eat when we get to maintenance - just to give some ideas. The VLCD bit of LT, LL, CD and W8 effectively work in the same way so a gradual reintroduction should work for all diets - I just can't imagine just eating an 8 oz Jacket potato ever again let alone 4 days after finishing my diet!!!! I am v. carb sensitive too. The LT refeed doesn't seem to take this into account - it concentrates on low-fat.

Let me know

Carol x

Hi Carol

I for one would appreciate it, even tho im ages off refeed, I C&P any useful info i find into a word doc so its all there when i am ready and i dont have to hunt for it

I plan on refeeding for 2 weeks at xmas so i can enjoy my birthday and xmas and then planned on taking about 5/6 weeks to get back to normal when i finish LT (well the new normal not the old one that involved maccie d's and chippy) so sounds like i would be following a W8 style refeed where it takes ages to be able to eat a spud!

Carol, I would also appreciate it. I hope to refeed in November or December when I reach my target. I'm not planning to come off LT for my anniversary or birthday as I just can't face trying to get back on and going through the first week again.

x

I hated refeed too nick, with a bloody passion!!! Just wondering where do you get your packs, do ya gem em from a chemist?
Yeah hun... i am allowed to do a few more weeks and thats it... I have a few extras so going to do extra amounts of refeed next time...also i aint eating everything i am supposed to today still feeling off just going to stick with a tiny bit of veg and chicken...

Back