have 7 stone to lose and dont no where to

i hope so i no there bad so its just learn how to make them low fat and have only a bit not full plate i dont eat sweets or chrisps its fast food but im glad i found this forum it really helps xx
oh you have " lovemyplatefullitis" as well?
ive had that since...well i'm 43 so its been a long time lol
and i have put away alot of food in my time and it shows:sigh:

i hope so i no there bad so its just learn how to make them low fat and have only a bit not full plate i dont eat sweets or chrisps its fast food but im glad i found this forum it really helps xx
eva
i feel ready to climb mount everest
and scream from the top
minimins.com the bset!

im scared but excited yes big plates of food i love and i hate water so this will be hard do u all plan u food each day ?

im scared but excited yes big plates of food i love and i hate water so this will be hard do u all plan u food each day ?
yeah
i'm a real stickler for planning my food:eek:
my diet is 2 wetabix in the morning
with chocalate milk warmed up in the microwave.
then lunch at 1pm...normally a few sanwiches...tuna or pan fried chicken...then dinner around 5..either rice and chicken again or boiled potatoes and salmon with veg(sweetcorn)
and in between i might be naughty and eat a few choc biccies or a (small) bowl of crisps...normally cheddars but at the moment pringles(i brought 3 tubs in the week asda are selling them a pound each.
and despite eating so little i'm still 15st:sigh:
with regard to big plates of food i used to enjoy that but to be honest when i got my wake up call as in my body expanded so much
i think i finally learned to eat only enough to make me feel satisfied...any excess leftovers goes in my fridge for the next day..whereas before i would eat the lot which added the extra pounds which i dont want anymore

Last edited:
Eva, when doing slimming world you can eat big plates of food (from the plan!) and you don't have to drink lots of water but it does speed up weight loss and is good for you so I would recommend it. You can drink it with sugar free squash though and diet drinks are fine so as long as your fluid intake is good, actual water is not a must.
I def recommend having a look around at the slimming world board on here to get some ideas as well as looking at people's food diaries.
You don't have to plan your meals in advance but I do recommend doing a food diary at least for first few weeks as it helps you to see that you are eating enough of the things you should be eating and helps you to get used to the plan. I also recommend thinking a little bit in advance aboiut the meals you'd like to make in the week, before shopping so you have the right foods in the kitchen as if you don't this is here you will have problems sticking to plan. I always make sure I have enough suitable food in so I can always rustle up a slimming world- friendly meal. The plan will seem daunting at first but will become second nature after a short while xx
xx

iv been reading and looking at pics and i cant wait im trying myself till tues see if i can lose a pound by then iv had no take aways for 4 days now which is good for me and had one spoon or rice for dinner instead of whole plate then sug free jelly n tiptop kids had ice cream

Hi Eva just wanted to say good luck with your first class.

I did well with sw in the past but unfortunately for me with all the free food I found it hard to learn what a normal portion was and eventually put back on the weight I had lost. I am doing well with ww and am finally learning what a normal portion is and how to control the amount I eat.

It is about finding the right plan for you something that you can follow for life. Good luck

Hi there. I've lost 20lbs since 28th April :). Still got a long way to go, but it's a good start. I'm calorie counting - because (as we all know:sigh:) if you eat less calories than you need, you will definitely lose weight. I've done Slimming World in the past and lost a fair bit, but I was inclined to eat too much of the free foods like pasta, potatoes, rice etc. on green days. So counting calories is definitely the best way for me. I also bought some of those body analyser scales which tell you how many calories you need just to maintain your current weight. In my case its 1770 a day, so by cutting down to 1000 a day, I've lost the weight steadily, apart from a week long blip when I had a personal tragedy and hit the white wine. Personally, meal replacements are not for me - as soon a I think I can't eat something, I want it. At least with calorie counting, I can have some nice treats if I fancy them. Good luck with your diet - you're amoung friends!

yeah
i'm a real stickler for planning my food:eek:
my diet is 2 wetabix in the morning
with chocalate milk warmed up in the microwave.
then lunch at 1pm...normally a few sanwiches...tuna or pan fried chicken...then dinner around 5..either rice and chicken again or boiled potatoes and salmon with veg(sweetcorn)
and in between i might be naughty and eat a few choc biccies or a (small) bowl of crisps...normally cheddars but at the moment pringles(i brought 3 tubs in the week asda are selling them a pound each.
and despite eating so little i'm still 15st:sigh:
with regard to big plates of food i used to enjoy that but to be honest when i got my wake up call as in my body expanded so much
i think i finally learned to eat only enough to make me feel satisfied...any excess leftovers goes in my fridge for the next day..whereas before i would eat the lot which added the extra pounds which i dont want anymore

do u mean fried chicken i love that rice n peas chicken stew patties

Good luck with starting :) I tried SW for a while but it just wasn't for me. I'm a WWer through and through. Lost 12 stones in 2 years on it and love it.

Why dont you start calorie counting and see how it goes, if you find you need something more stricter like going to a group to be weighed then do that if you think it will help.

There is a site called Myfitnesspal, its free to register, you put your details in and it tells you how many calories you can have, you can log your food for each day, along with exercise and weight check ins, very useful if doing it alone, I use it daily as I do calorie counting :)

Eva, I think you should go to your group tonight- see what you think and then have a go... if it doesn't work, then try something else. Different plans work for diff ppl. As far as the food you mentioned... there is a syn free KFC recipe, rice and peas would be fine and as for the patties- not really sure what they are or how you make em but I am sure someone would come up with a recipe for em! x

Hi Eva. There is a brilliant sticky on the Slimming World part of this site, all about advice for newcomers. Basically, slimming world is about eating healthily and in moderation and stopping when you are full. In my case, I lost quite a bit of weight on it (had a great group of people at the class I joined), but put it all back on and more as I just over-ate all the free food. Why don't you go and see how you get on?

well cant get there tonight will try next week once kids back to school not takeing 4 kids with me il calorie count till then il look on line see how much i should have as iv just cut my dinners in half

Hi Eva I just want to wish you luck.

I've tried so many diets over the last 25 years, lost some weight then managed to put it all back on again (and more). Recently I couldn't decide which diet to follow - I looked up loads and my head started to spin because I just couldn't decide which to follow. In the end I decided to go for calorie counting. At the moment I am allowing myself 1500 cals per day. I will probably reduce to 1250 cals after 4 weeks. I've only been on it two weeks but feel much better. I keep a daily food diary - this is with me all the time and I've found it keeps me focused. I also keep telling myself I can do it this time.

I've found the following low cal items really helpful when the hunger pangs kick in - the low cal options hot chocolate drinks, low cal soups and low cal fizzy drinks and bags of chopped carrots.

Go for it!

Goodluck again

im trying to cal count iv uptaked my water and im looking at everything and getting fat or sug free stuff cut my potions to fist of each see how i go xx

im trying to cal count iv uptaked my water and im looking at everything and getting fat or sug free stuff cut my potions to fist of each see how i go xx

Sounds good to me hun :) Keep us posted with how your going :)

Sounds very positive and those changes WILL make a difference :D:D:D

Back