have fasting days worked for any of you?

leanne641

Hi all! I'm not doin well at all... put on 1lb I think my bodys getting too used too used to this diet :/ I have a plan though!! For 3 days every week I'm gonna live on water, fruit and raw veggies.. for the next 3 days ill follow weight watchers. Then the 7th day is weigh day and I'll treat myself to summat yummy... I think it'll trick my body into losing weight.. only posting this to ask if anyone has succeeded with this type of diet and did you lose a lot... are there any risks? Advantages? At the moment I feel a little hungry but that will pass but aside from that I feel really cleansed inside. This is only day 1 will see how I go I need to be in the 8s soon been in the 9s too long :) x

Weight watchers is designed so that you get a minimum of 26 dailies and 49 weeklies for a reason...

Practically starving yourself for 3 days and then following ww for 3 days is just going to throw your body into a frenzy and if anything, it's going to cling on to every single little calorie it can get its hand on so I suspect, it will have an adverse affect on your WI

WW is about a lifestyle change... Everybody wants a quick fix and wants to see immediate results, me included but this really isn't the way

If you want to trick your body into losing weight maybe you should switch over to Johnson up and day diet and switch your fasting days around

Mayb I do need a different diet... coz on 26 pps I'm not losing anything anymore.. I'm not starving tho. Kinda feel like the first day I started weight watchers, ya kno when ur just gettin used to eating less... I'll research that diet tho thanks

Why dont you try going back up to 29pps a day.

This is what is used to be & a few people have found that on 29pps they have started losing again!?!?

Might be worth giving it a try even for a week or 2.

Dxxx

Leanne your BMI is the low side of healthy and your goal is below healthy weight so that might be why, perhaps a different diet would be good for you

my bmi of 19 goal is like an ultimate goal... not one im in a rush getting to. my thinking is that iv come this far, why not strive to be the best i can be. i might not even like myself at that weight, but ill never know if i dont try... 19-25 is a healthy bmi anyways so im not aiming for underweight, just the bottom end, where i can allow myself bad days and i wont automatically be overweight again... i did try my fruit flush for 3 days, i felt amazing to be honest but all i craved was bread and chocolate so needless to say at day 4 thats what i was eating and gained everything i lost while doing it... it was really good to unbloat my self, so im not ruling it out in the future, just not a weekly thing. lol im just gonna go back to basics, i think i need 26pps tbh because i am as u say a healthy weight and dont have as much unnessesary fat as others on this diet do.

leanne641 said:
my bmi of 19 goal is like an ultimate goal... not one im in a rush getting to. my thinking is that iv come this far, why not strive to be the best i can be. i might not even like myself at that weight, but ill never know if i dont try... 19-25 is a healthy bmi anyways so im not aiming for underweight, just the bottom end, where i can allow myself bad days and i wont automatically be overweight again... i did try my fruit flush for 3 days, i felt amazing to be honest but all i craved was bread and chocolate so needless to say at day 4 thats what i was eating and gained everything i lost while doing it... it was really good to unbloat my self, so im not ruling it out in the future, just not a weekly thing. lol im just gonna go back to basics, i think i need 26pps tbh because i am as u say a healthy weight and dont have as much unnessesary fat as others on this diet do.

Me and my 'unnecessary fat' will just go sit in the corner, then :p ;)

lol u know what i mean! when you havent got as much to lose, you dont lose the amonts you used to... dig a hole leanne! ill go and sit in the other corner with my crap wording of things ;)

Hi Leanne, I'm exactly the same with not losing much on WW and I've been searching around for a thread to see if anyone else has been having the same problem. We've got very similar stats and are having similar issues and I'm starting to think that maybe WW isn't for me. I love how easy it is to follow and the points system etc etc but I struggle to trust the fact that women of all height and weight ranges should be eating pretty much the same and everyone should still be seeing a loss? I've been eating around 13 - 20 pp a day recently I have seen an improvement but I'm wondering if there isn't a better way to do this for people who are quite small (frame-wise) and don't have much to lose. Can anyone reccommend anything?

Hi Leanne, I'm exactly the same with not losing much on WW and I've been searching around for a thread to see if anyone else has been having the same problem. We've got very similar stats and are having similar issues and I'm starting to think that maybe WW isn't for me. I love how easy it is to follow and the points system etc etc but I struggle to trust the fact that women of all height and weight ranges should be eating pretty much the same and everyone should still be seeing a loss? I've been eating around 13 - 20 pp a day recently I have seen an improvement but I'm wondering if there isn't a better way to do this for people who are quite small (frame-wise) and don't have much to lose. Can anyone reccommend anything?

Totally hear you with this!!! I'm stuck with it, I think I'm gonna give it one more week then try something different because to be honest staying the same is really frustrating me!! Are you not starving on such low points?!

I love how easy it is to follow and the points system etc etc but I struggle to trust the fact that women of all height and weight ranges should be eating pretty much the same and everyone should still be seeing a loss? ?

Everyone isnt on the same points though :confused: its based on your height and weight. Im 5ft 11 and got a lot to lose and am on a lot more than 26pts a day.

Back