Have i done something wrong?

cherl889

Loves this site!
What have i done wrong? Ive followed the oopsie recipe exactly. The egg whites wouldnt stiffen so much so that i could put the bowl over my head but it was peaking. They smell lovely but seem flatter than the photos ive seen on here.

Can't really help you babes... not keen on oopsies myself, don't remember them rising too much when I did them. xx

Thanks for replying anyway hun. Ive just tried one with a little cheese and salami in it and it was nice but i want some like everyone else :sigh:

mine did rise in the oven then went flat, slimmer than a slice of bread i would say :D

Mine were flat too Cheryl - maybe we're all sh*t cooks LOL :rotflmao:

i think it takes a lot of practice, the only time mine rised was when i accidently put baking powder in...whoops :) still pretty nice though and lighter then usual!

Might try that Freckles lol :D

Hmmm. Mine looked like an oopsie but was so thin and floppy. Vickys looked fantastic. Where is she when we need her?

NO BAKING POWDER Caz. :(

Don't we put baking powder in the MiMs though Jim? :confused:

hmm,

well that's interesting, I assumed it would be Very High Crb, it's not

just goes to show doesn't it, never assume

Food Item: Baking Powder
Food Quantity: 1 tsp
Carbs: 1.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Net Carbs: 1.3g

How much do you put in? Im really liking the taste but they are too floppy to put anything in.

You got to get a good whisker and a good pinch of the cream of tartar. mine rose then flopped. get whisking girls :) loads of air in there!

Mine also stuck to the tray :( think i'll remember to grease the tray next time or use some greaseproof paper

I used greaseproof babe :D

i only opened it to turn the tray round as some were cooking quicker than others. Still floppy though. Lol

Lol. whisk whisk and more whisk (electric one though :D) how many eggs you use?

Back