Have to close my diary for nine months

pickle

Banned
Hi everyone,

I did CD a few months ago and succesfully lost about 2 stones with a few slip ups along the way.
I restarted 3 weeks ago and have no problem getting into ketosis but always of a weekend i seem to fail....no matter how much i tell myself i will stick to it all logic goes out of the window and i end up eating.
I know it's because my husband has weekends off and i always associate having a nice weekend with eating nice food....why can't i just enjoy the weekend without having to stuff my face?!
Sorry i just feel so let down by myself. Me and my hubby really want to try for another baby soon but i desperately want to lose the rest of my weight before i get pregnant again....i felt absolutely disgusted with myself with my 1st pregancy because i piled on over 5st by gorging myself silly and felt depressed throughout my entire pregnancy....i don't want to feel that way again.

I haven't even attempted to restart this week as i really don't think i will see through the weekend again. I have been contemplating whether or not to join L/L as i wonder if the counciling side will help me get to the root of my problem with food, but i don't think i can afford the extra money.

Sorry if i have brought down the mood of the forum i just feel so desperate and i don't know what to do :(

Hi Pickle

I used to have a huge problem with weekends. But this time I decided I wasn't gonna let that halt things - this time, I was going to bull my way through.

* Keep busy
* Drink loads of water
* Explain to your husband how much it means to you to get through the weekend
* Consider having extra packs rather than food
* Have a lie-in (if you can) and go to bed early!!
* Read!!

These are all tricks I have used, and so far I am on day 25, and actually started day one on a Saturday and made it through!! :cool:

You can do it mate but you need to be positive - think about what you want to achieve, rather than what you have failed at in the past.

Thanks DQ :) , i know i need to stay positive and i will definitely try.
Thing is, once im on CD i really don't mind it at all...i still cook hubby his meals and even take more pride over them when i'm doing CD and never even feel tempted to tuck in.

I definately need to talk this through with my hubby, i need his support which he's always really good at giving...i just don't think he understands how much i want to lose this extra weight. He always says he loves me regardless which is lovely to hear but doesn't help when i'm feeling like this

Hi Pickle,

I sympathise with you as I went through a stage like this. My solution was to ask my Counsellor to give me a call at the weekends to give me a boost. I found that that really helped. She always used to ring at about 19:00 which was when I was at my weakest! That gave me the boost to stick with it. I have now managed to kick to weekend lapses.

As far as swapping to LL, in my experience as an ex-LL I do not think the group sessions helped. If there were a few people who were having problems with sticking to the diet, the whole session seemed to be slanted towards their problem which then rubbed off on me. On more than one occasion I came away from the sessions thinking that if they can laps, so can I. Everyone is different, and I am sure that the counselling on most occasions works, but not for me.

Helen:eek:

Hi Pickle,

I see we have about the same weight to lose.

I started my diet this time on a Friday as I did not want to use the weekend as an excuse to pig out. By Friday night I had failed but I put it behind me and kept going and now on my 18th day and I am feeling more in control day by day.

Saturdays for me are very tough and I know it is because this was always assoicated with being a day about food, from the shopping to going out at night or having friends over.

Like D_Q I try loads of different ways to make it through the day and once Saturday is over I feel so much better.

My husband has been a great help as he now is very health consious and having lost over a stone and half himself he knows now how hard it can be.

I think what has helped me most of all is that if I have a slip I do not let that get me down as before one slip meant a land slide into my old ways of eating. Now I look at a slip for what it is...it is just a moment of weakness and it is not the end of the diet if you put it behind you and move on.

Rome was not built in a day, so they say. Well losing weight is the same and it will take time...you have lost 27lbs. already and you can build on that.

Love Mini xxx

Hi everyone,

I did CD a few months ago and succesfully lost about 2 stones with a few slip ups along the way.
I restarted 3 weeks ago and have no problem getting into ketosis but always of a weekend i seem to fail....no matter how much i tell myself i will stick to it all logic goes out of the window and i end up eating.
I know it's because my husband has weekends off and i always associate having a nice weekend with eating nice food....why can't i just enjoy the weekend without having to stuff my face?!
Sorry i just feel so let down by myself. Me and my hubby really want to try for another baby soon but i desperately want to lose the rest of my weight before i get pregnant again....i felt absolutely disgusted with myself with my 1st pregancy because i piled on over 5st by gorging myself silly and felt depressed throughout my entire pregnancy....i don't want to feel that way again.

I haven't even attempted to restart this week as i really don't think i will see through the weekend again. I have been contemplating whether or not to join L/L as i wonder if the counciling side will help me get to the root of my problem with food, but i don't think i can afford the extra money.

Sorry if i have brought down the mood of the forum i just feel so desperate and i don't know what to do :(

Hey Pickle,

Look, CD is not a prison sentence - you are in charge and in control. Let me make a suggestion (although I may get told off for giving this adice) When I lost my 6 stone last year on CD - I decided that I was gonna do SS but if I ever felt that I just had to eat, that I would just throw in an odd add a meal. Some times I did this at the weekends becuae of the same reasons as you. My advice is if you stick to the add a meal rules rigidly, make sure you have your food packs, and most importantly your water, it will not signficantly affect your weight loss. If you do this, try and make your food a little more satisfying - my favourite add a a meal was and still is, a good piece of Turkey Breast (less fat than Chicken - and its cheaper!) or a nice piece of fish, with some shredded cabbage, and a handfull of mushrooms, all served up with lots of fresh ground pepper, some fresh parsley and a splash of soy sauce. Have your meals with the family, and eat is slowly - enjoy and savour every mouthful because God knows, you can gulp it down in seconds if you wanted to and then you just end up watching everyone else finishing there more interesting meals. Whatever, the mainthing then is to get back to SS the next day...or the day after if its the weekend.

Keep smiling, you can do this and you are in control. If you have an add a meal, you have not failed, you have not blown the diet and you will not affect your weight loss.

Stay focused and keep at it - it works, you can do it, and keep glugging the water! :)

Andy

Thank you to everyone who replied.
I've had a good long chat with hubby and he is going to support me 100%, even be firm with me if he thinks i'm cracking. We have both agreed to plan our weekends better so that we are not at loose ends when it would be easy to think 'sod the diet'. I'm going to prepare weekend meals for him in advance so that tempatation isn't there to order a takeaway. Also we are not going to arrange to meet up with friends or family of a weekend as that is when disaster strikes too....they mean well but they always try to force feed me!
It will only be for a few short weeks until i feel confident enough to trust myself.

Andy, thanks for your reply...i know what you mean it is far better to have a little of something healthy and get back on track the next day...problem is i am an all or nothing girl and i know that one thing always leads to another with me...i suppose i just don't trust myself not to eat the whole chicken rather than just the breast if you know what i mean.

I'm going to start CD again on monday...was going to start today but didn't feel in the right frame of mind. So monday it is. I will do it this time, i feel i've got the support that i need now.

I'll keep this thread as my diary. Roll on monday :)

weekends same with me

[Weekends same for me not helped by a husband who has never had to diet all his life. Who believes if someone needs to lose weight it`s their own fault they just eat to much, despite the fact he eats far more than me and gets away with stuff i can`t.If i make one slip he makes a big thing about it like you will never lose weight and reinforces the guilt. I have to cook big meals for him coming in from work which is difficult when it is things i want to eat. I do cook for him and my son who lives at home but goes to uni everyday he is a nice lad he also has his fathers metabolism, i have my mothers who struggled with her weight for years walked miles did two cleaning jobs when she was nearly 60 she ate little i have seen what she ate but had a terrible metabolism because she never lost weight. Strange?

laura5510

have u considered shooting him laura? i have my mums genes when i ought to have had my dads (hes underweight and eats like a greasy pig lol)

i read mor at the weekends, even if its magazines and always tell hubby when im struggling. when he knows this, he'll tend to take the kids out to eat. not healthy for them but this is short term in the grand scheme of things. i also mak sure i dont have stuff in the house that i like to snack on. gone are all the crisps and chicken kievs! i dont have a sweet tooth at all so those treats dont bother me. i threw out all the takeaway menus as they r my big downfall. i take incredibly long candle lit bubble bath as well. i have been known to have 3 a day sometimes just to have a bit of pamper time. when i feel pampered it reminds me that i AM worth losing the weight for. i use all my spendy body shop goodies and feel great after. then i dont want to eat.

the other thing i do is go to the gym early in the day or do a work out dvd. then when it comes to wanting to eat, i think about how hard i worked out and dont want to un-do all that effort!

hope this helps.

xxxx

Restarting....Day 1

Well i have just restarted and am on day 1.

So far so good but boy did i feel exhausted earlier on today...think it was because i took my baby for a long walk in his pram when i should have just waited to get into ketosis first.
I've changed CDC due to a house move and i don't feel very warm to her...i'm sure she is lovely but she seemed to be going through the motions rather than being genuinely interested. Perhaps i'm wrong but i shall wait and see.

DH is being sooooo suportive...i actually let him weigh me and keep a record of it....somehow i think it will make me feel more motivated...he has hidden the scales somewhere though as i become obsessed with them which i think becomes detrimental.

So glad day 1 is over.:)

Congratulations on getting through day 1 pickle. Take it one day at a time (or minute by minute if necessary)
You are lucky to have such a supportive husband.
I know it's hard, but you can do it!! Keep up the good work all week, then come the weekend, you won't want to ruin all your hard work (hopefully)
Fingers crossed for you. Good luck!

Thank you D_Q :)

Day two for me and feeling a bit run down today.....had a really busy morning so didn't even feel hungry til about 2pm but i feel really tired and cold today....i suppose thats a good thing as i could be entering ketosis.

Anyway i am going to have an early night and hopefully this headache will have gone a bit by tomorrow.

Well here i am on day three....still pleased to say that i am sticking to the plan 100%, i do find drinking 4 litres of water a day a bit hard but i am managing 3 litres which can't be a bad thing.
Tested for ketones this morning and it is showing as pink...or 4 symbols from the left on the tube....if that makes sense. Not sure if that means i am in ketosis or not so if anyone knows please post.

Took Alfie for a nice long walk in his pram today around our local lake and then into town....glanced in the new posh designer shops with Victoria Beckhams brand jeans in the window then grimaced when i saw the size 6 label attatched to them...grrrr.
On the way back stopped and sat on the park bench and read my new book "why can't i stop eating". Only read the first couple of chapters but looks like it was wrote for me..it explains that overeating is an addiction, like Alcoholism and should be treated as such. Not enough is done for people with serious food addictions...i'm not saying i am seriously addicted to food but i am definately addicted to it.
Anyway i felt a lot better after my walk, very refreshed, it's amazing what a bit of fresh air can do for the mind and soul.

Wen't on a hunt to find the scales that DH had supposedly hidden in the loft.... and they're not there :( I know it's probably for my own good but i really want to know if i have lost anything yet.

Roll on day 4

Hiya Pickle!!

Thank you for posting in my diary - it's lovely to meet you!

So here we both are in week one and I think we're doing fabulously well. I think half the battle is getting the OH's on board aswell and it sounds like you've done that.. YAY

I'm looking forward to keeping up to date with your progress - no more Mummy tummy's!!

Love Lizzie

As i'm PREGNANT :)
I did a test last night and sure enough im pg, so did another one just to check....i don't think you can get two false positives.:)
I hopped on the scales this morning and i've lost 5lb since monday so was doing pretty well.

I'm so happy to be pregnant again....the timing isn't ideal as i wanted to lose my weight first but when is the time ever right to have a baby??!! We were never trying nor preventing it though so i was playing devils advocate.
Looks like i'll be having baby number 2 in october.
I really want to look after myself much better this time round...does anyone know if i can follow Slimming World or WW?

Congrats on the preg pickle!!!:) im pretty sure you can do ww alrite...altho someone will prolly confirm that for you for sure.. :)

Back