Have to do it this time!

yet again I am back to dieting, it seems I have spend over half my life doing it.

I first set a goal to be slim by the time I was 30...never worked.

I also set a goal to be slim by the time I hit 40 and that was this yr and I am the heaviest I have EVER been!

I wanted to be a non smoker by the time I was 40 and I managed it but of course that hasn't helped with my weight.

I have done many diets in the past but the original red and green slimming world has stuck in the my mind the most.

I am going to have to find an old book to remind myself of the A and B allowances.

I mainly struggle with drinking too much alcohol (damn sneaky calories in there) and also what to have for when I am at work with no access to a fridge or microwave therefore I usually have a sandwich, bag of crisps, drink and choc bar.

I have to do this for my health also as I have arthritis and my excess weight does me no favours but exercise is also a problem :(

Welcome! You can do it sweet! :) I gave up smoking too about 2 months ago, i know it makes a little more stressful but remember its SO worth it! If i were you id come on here everyday or every other just to remind yourself why and how you are doing it and make sure to be patient with yourself! :) Good luck!

Hello & welcome :)

Well you quit smoking,no mean feat,so it shows you have will power,now you just need to harness it & use it weight wise.

Here is a wealth of SW info & recipes,so have a good nose round the diaries sections & recipe threads & see what everyone else is up to.Keep posting,people are friendly.Use this place for inspiration & motivation,we're in the same boat.

I would suggest joining a Slimming World group,you get all the literature the first nite & a few weeks at group till you get into the plan again,then see how you go,I know it's not everyone's cuppa tea :)

Lunch wise it sounds like you need to prepare more,make your own snacks & slimming world lunches.Alcohol you just use your syns & be choosy when,what & how much.

Wish you all the best :)

Well done for giving up smoking!! That's brilliant, and no wonder it had an effect on your weight... Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

Tarnbop x

Thanks

The quit smoking bit was not that hard and I do enjoy an electronic cigarette now and then.

The diet bit is so hard as I am unable to exercise...even doing housework takes me ages. I have arthritis and the fatigue takes it out of me. I should really eat less on the diet because of the non exercise but I get so hungry.

Keeping away from the wine vodka and chocolates so hopefully that helps

Thanks

The quit smoking bit was not that hard and I do enjoy an electronic cigarette now and then.

The diet bit is so hard as I am unable to exercise...even doing housework takes me ages. I have arthritis and the fatigue takes it out of me. I should really eat less on the diet because of the non exercise but I get so hungry.

Keeping away from the wine vodka and chocolates so hopefully that helps

Just be really strict with yourself, and once you find something that lasts for a week, you'll be more inclined to continue with it!
As for exercise- it's not the be all and end all. My C says that it can aid weight loss up to a 1lb a month, so it's mainly just food (although, I'm a bit sceptical about the low number there...). Is there anything that is easier with arthritis? Swimming?

Good luck!

Tarnbop x

Back