Have to go out for a meal!

lealeanne

I have a work conference next week. I will be able to follow the diet all week apart from one night - The gala dinner. The whole evening will revolve around the dinner table, and no doubt I will be stuck on a table where I don't know half the people! Have decided I can skip starter and desert without looking too silly.
What shall I have for the main meal????
Steak and veg?????
Do you think it will have much of an effect on my diet? I have been doing really well since going into ketosis and really don't want to mess it up!

Hi there

I was just on a residential course and the kitchen were more than happy to make up my soup for me and this is what i had while everyone else had their 3 courses!!

It's all about what you want to do, if you want to stick with the plan you can. Don't worry about what others will think, that's not important. For me it's always created a great talking point, i mean dieting and my weight loss is my favourite subject!

Might try that, but I am down to losing my last stone, so I am not overweight anymore. I am getting a bit sick of the "oh, you don't need to diet now" comments. I'm thinking it may be easier to just eat the steak!!

Hiya, I wouldnt break the diet just cos your getting sick of the comments and it will be easier to eat than to explain...

Do you WANT to eat a meal? If so then stick to plain chicken and green and white veg. If you DONT want to eat, then do as Karen has suggested and ask the kitchen to make up a LT meal for you.

I wouldnt be pressured into eating just cos people expect you to especially since you are down to the last stone!! There are faaaaaaaaaaar too many people on the last stone mission for a longer time than they need to be!! I am currently draggin my heels on the last 3 stone mission and wish to god I had just stuck to my guns all along!!

Watever you decide, hope you have a fab night!!

I have a work conference next week. I will be able to follow the diet all week apart from one night - The gala dinner. The whole evening will revolve around the dinner table, and no doubt I will be stuck on a table where I don't know half the people! Have decided I can skip starter and desert without looking too silly.
What shall I have for the main meal????
Steak and veg?????
Do you think it will have much of an effect on my diet? I have been doing really well since going into ketosis and really don't want to mess it up!

You must think how far you have come and do you really need/want to eat or do you think that sticking with it would be better.

It almost seems like you are asking us permission to eat.....lol

Hey Leanne
Have you been in this situation b4 while being on LT ?
You only have a stone to lose hun ,maybe its worth sticking to the plan and acheive your goal ?
Its only one meal and im sure you will be fine to have your soup made up for u as your main course .
Whatever you decide hun im sure you will deal with the outcome !
Conference dinners hey , im lucky to have christmas dinner in my work ...LOL
Good luck and let us know how you get on xxx

If you're that embarassed about skipping the meal, you could go, either pretend to get a phone call or pretend to be ill before the starter is served, and bugger off up to your room for an hour or an hour and a half.

Return to the table as dessert is finishing, tell them you had a family crisis/momentary sweep of nausea/pain in your face explaining your diet to people and couldn't make the meal. Then you can have a black coffee and some water and nobody will be any the wiser?

If you're that embarassed about skipping the meal, you could go, either pretend to get a phone call or pretend to be ill before the starter is served, and bugger off up to your room for an hour or an hour and a half.

Return to the table as dessert is finishing, tell them you had a family crisis/momentary sweep of nausea/pain in your face explaining your diet to people and couldn't make the meal. Then you can have a black coffee and some water and nobody will be any the wiser?

That is a good idea.

Thanks for you advice everyone!
I managed to stick to it! Luckily, I knew about half the people on table, so they backed me up as they knew me before the weight loss.
Got a few strange looks! - but I feel so good for sticking to it!

Back