Have you ever tried...

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Lifting 56lb/25kg?

I went to the dockyards today in Portsmouth, and they had a demo exhibit where they had 2 25kg weights attached to pulleys. One was a straight rope pulled through one pulley, the other was a weight pulled through a number of pulleys. Basic physics - the weight with many pulleys was easy to lift, whereas the other one was not. In fact it was Blo0dy heavy. Really really heavy. I could lift it, but couldn't hold it up...

And I used to carry that around every single minute of every single day, plus 5lb more :eek:

Wow! Can't believe you've lost that weight. I tried to lift a 25kg bag of plaster the other day and couldn't. That must have really brought it home to you just how much weight you've lost so far. Are you near goal? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:eek: Definitely puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Wow! Can't believe you've lost that weight. I tried to lift a 25kg bag of plaster the other day and couldn't. That must have really brought it home to you just how much weight you've lost so far. Are you near goal? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sadly no, still have about 100lb more that I want to lose, though will reassess this when I have lost another 80lb or so as not 100% sure what my goal is!

Back