Have you shared your JUDDD secret?

mini mouse

Hi all

I was wondering how many people have told friends/family about JUDDD?

I have told hubby.... forced him to watch Horizon... then signed him up to join me!! He was surprisingly keen (considering the number of diets I've sold to him over the years!:eek:). I was pleased he didn't see it as a faddy diet and instead saw it as something we could work into our lives :)

I'm thinking it won't interfere with my social life much as I plan on UD at the weekends (plus having 2 young kids prevents much of a social life anyway!!) So therefore I don't think there will be much of a need to tell friends.

As for work I think DD will just look like a healthy lunch and UD no different to normal.

My parents are where I'm undecided. My dad has done single day fasting in the past (once a week) when he was younger and trying to shift a few pounds, so he might go for the idea. My mam will most likely be supportive. Actually come to think of it, she'll most likely be hugely relieved that I've stopped thinking about having a stomach bypass (I really did feel I had exhausted all other options). I plan on telling them either now or in a month or 2 when there is a noticeable loss! But I'm so excited about it I don't know how long I'll be able to keep my mouth shut!!! :D

So I suppose my question is who have you told and who haven't you told? And why?

xx

Last edited:
I haven't told anyone at work, just telling them I'm counting calories as I don't really like discussing it in details.

I've told my family, they're all ok. Dad was interested in it. Mum was a bit dubious as to how it works (she's got diet brain like a lot of us lol) and my sister doesn't really care that much... not in a bad way she just lets me get on with it.

I'm a member of a gaming forum and they have a weightloss thread in the general/offtopic discussion, and I mentioned it there to plenty of hmms and haas and "muscle breakdown"... i told them to find me evidence that muscle tissue breaks down within a 24 hr period and they soon shut up. :p

I hate how the media has bundled a lot of diets into a "starvation" stereotype... Actually fasting is known to be medically affective for a lot of inflammatory diseases long before the "fad diet" ever turned up. All the publicity on anorexia has no doubt contributed - mostly cause mindless idiots see fasting and anorexia and think its the same thing. It's a pity because anorexia is a really serious condition and nothing to do with following a diet or temporary fasting. :(

But yes, I digress... lol... In this case I'll be keeping it to myself asides my immediate family.

I bang on about it to every dick,tom and harry and currently scared i might have no friends left at this stage LOL

LOL Mon, I am the same I tell anyone and everyone I think everyone should Juddd to some extent so I am trying convert the world ha ha x

Hi

I've told my DH and trying to get him on board(he wants to do CD again for like the 10th time :( ) I'm hoping if he sees me lose weight on it for a couple of weeks he'll come on board. I also told my SIL about it and directed her to this forum (hopefully she'll find it, Hi Heidi:wavey:) I will tell others if they ask or if I can't keep it in- still amazed that you can lose weight by only dieting 3 days a week...

Emma

Back