haven't posted head all over place

lardass

Silver Member
I haven't posted on here for a while as not focussed. After having to give up cd i tried ww and seemed to eat everything and anything. I have been really down about it and dh is probably sick of me moaning.

I decided to try the atkins and have been on it since last thursday.

Felling ok and got into ketosis.

Hope everyone on here is well

xxxx

Hiya Dawn

Welcome back m8eeee

Good luck on the Atkins, I have a friend who has lost a lot on it and swears by it so good luck.

M.

Hi Dawn
sorry that you had to give up CD - I imagine going from CD to WW is very difficult as you have to think and count all your food at WW and with CD you can just "forget" about food for a while?
I hope that Atkins works out for you - it can be very successful and as you need only to lose one stone it should get you there.
Stay positive

Dawn, I've known people lose really well on Atkins, and others who can't stick to it at all, just depends if it suits you I suppose. Good luck with it, and well done for stamping on things quickly.

Thanks all hope it works and might give cd a go after xmas if gp agrees

Hi Dawn

Just dropping a note to say, I did Atkins for about 4 months and lost over 3 stone so really good luck with it. If you choose the healthy options you feel great :D

Keep posting and let us know how you get on...

Nice to see you back with us LA ... good luck with the new phase of your journey :)

Hi Dawn

Just dropping a note to say, I did Atkins for about 4 months and lost over 3 stone so really good luck with it. If you choose the healthy options you feel great :D

Keep posting and let us know how you get on...

Any recipe or meal ideas you found nice????

How much water should i drink a day ?????

Hi Dawn

When I was doing Atkins I was working at Trebor Bassett in Maidstone and they had an old fashion canteen and stopped for every break imaginable - breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, afternoon tea (I'd never known anything like it).

Anyway, it made it handy for me because it meant I could have cooked b'fast normally bacon and scrambled egg. They would prepare me a fresh salad and I would have this with either tuna or sausage or cheese/ham/mushroom omlette.

For dinner I would put a chicken breast in tin foil with balsamic vinegar and oregano and a dash of olive oil and pop that in the oven and once that had been in for 20 mins, I would add a tray of veggies like peppers, red onions, cherry tomatos, mushrooms with a small portion of feta cheese again sprinkled with virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and oregano and basil and they would take 20 mins so would all be cooked together.

I used to snack on nuts and seeds of all types but I found if you ate enough variety for dinner you didn't really need to snack and I was lucky having 2 meals a day.

Just some ideas for you which I hope you like - in addition, have you seen the new Jamie Oliver advert at the moment, with cut up butternut squash, chestnuts etc chucked in the oven - I think veggies roasted are lovely. Another nice one is Savoy Cabbage with olive oil, balsamic and seasoning - you can use that as a base for your meat and it's so crisp but moist because of the balsamic and oil you don't need a gravy.

Good luck - enjoy the diet. My mouth's watering now - can taste the roasted veggies....:D :D :D :D :eek: :eek:

Had a light breakkie today as i went to the gym but treated myself to bacon and eggs for lunch (yummy) wi on friday hope i do ok

Tested this morning and in ketosis, yaaaahhhhh

Let us know how you get on tomorrow Dawn. Are you going to a Councillor or are you weighing at home?

Just weighing at home bit awkward with kids to get anywhere

Back