Having a bad day...

MommyNOriana

It's only 10:30 a.m. and I've already eaten an apple, a low-fat piece of cheese, cracklin oat bran and big bowl of rice!

Is it wrong to satisfy emotional eating/cravings with free food? I'm really trying to get past the emotional eating altogether, but what am I supposed to do in the meantime? I know I shouldn't just eat because I'm bored and I've been trying very hard to stay on the plan. I don't use/need many sins throughout the day. So I'm not reaching for the sugar pot, but is it ok that I've eaten that much before lunch?! :confused:

Its a difficult one hun, I myself am an emotional eater, I think the fact your still sticking to plan is something to be happy about. I dont think its terrible to occasionally forfill that need, when it occurs. Its a lot better to snack on free food to forfil your need that stuff a double decker down your gob. So dont beat yourself up about it. Be happy your still sticking to plan! :)

It's only 10:30 a.m. and I've already eaten an apple, a low-fat piece of cheese, cracklin oat bran and big bowl of rice!

Is it wrong to satisfy emotional eating/cravings with free food? I'm really trying to get past the emotional eating altogether, but what am I supposed to do in the meantime? I know I shouldn't just eat because I'm bored and I've been trying very hard to stay on the plan. I don't use/need many sins throughout the day. So I'm not reaching for the sugar pot, but is it ok that I've eaten that much before lunch?! :confused:

I am not quite sure about that one. All I can say is that free foods do have calories so if you are eating 2.000 calories a day in free foods you will not lose weight.

On the credit side what you had eaten doesn't look that damaging.

You should always eat your syns. From 5 to 15 a day. They are a part of the plan.

Why not address the boredom. If you are keeping busy you will not eat. I know nothing about you so my advice might be totally irrelevant.

I take myself off for a walk or find something to do in the house. I am lucky cos there is always so much to do here with my zoo and walking with the dogs is a pleasure, but you know the point I am making. If you are busy you are not bored so therefore will not need to fulfill any emotional eating pangs. You will not have them.

Back