Having a bad day

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
Sorry to be a moan, but I'm having a really down day and need to vent.

I started CD at 15 stone 6. I've got rid of almost 3 stone, weighing in this morning at 12st 7. I know I've done well.

So why does it feel like I'm never going to get there? I just want to go and toddle round to the takeaway and get something nice. I've not though, I know its not the answer but I just feel so sh!t today that its unreal.

Nothings happened, I'm not due TOTM, my weight shift this week has been about 3lbs, I've not cheated. So what is my problem?

Admittedly I have a banging sore head but I just don't know what the issue is. I feel just as fat as when I started but now miserable for entirley different (and as yet unknown reasons)

I've shed 1.5 stone on CD this time around and all my clothes still fit, I can't see a difference and I feel a mess. I don't see the point in anything anymore. If I'm always going to feel fat all the diets in world aren't going to help.

Now if this was anyone else, I'd tell them to get a hold of themself, provide reassurance and hopefully that would be it. So why can't I do it for myself?

I'm not going to the takeaway either, I know its not the answer. I just want to go have a good cry really and I don't quite know why. I'm verging on self loathing at the moment.

Aw hun, sorry to hear you're having a bad day.

Now I'm nowhere near as far down the line as you (I'm only on my second week) so I might not be the best person to answer this, but I've certainly had a few days like that over the past couple of weeks.

Just think how amazingly far you have come! Even if you can't notice it yourself (I think it takes time for our minds to adjust to having lost the weight), think how your health must have improved if your not carrying round that extra 3 stone. Imagine carrying a 3 stone back pack around with you everyday! Thats the amount of weight you have shed! Its amazing!

The main thing that keeps me going is thinking about how we are moving in the right direction - even if you have weeks where you don't lose as much, or you feel like you can't notice it in your clothes, you are always moving in the right direction and losing weight. If you weren't doing so well at this diet you might have even put more weight on. So your achievement is fantastic!

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now! I'm sorry if nothing I've said has been any use - I hope you feel better in yourself soon, and I'm sure your weight loss must be noticeable with such an amazing achievement - your weight loss is an inspiration to me, and keeps my eyes firmly set on managing to lose the amount of weight you have done.

xx

Hi lexie

Im sending you some hugs XXXX I didnt want to read you post without replying, even tho Im not sure what to say.

Try and do something today, get out the house if you can and distract yourself with something.

What plan are you on?

((((hugs)))))

x

Aww Lexie, so sorry you're feeling this way and totally understand being able to provide support for others but finding it hard to do it for yourself, i'm just the same.

You've done so well hun, sending BIG hugs!! Maybe try having a snooze if you can, i always feel much worse if i'm tired.. x

Lexie, I'm so sorry you're feeling like his today. You're normally such a bright, happy positive poster. Your loss so far is amazing, truly inspiring. I know you can't see it yourself, but others will be able to. Do you have some before pictures you can have a look at? I think you'd notice a difference.

I know you said TOTM is not due, but the diet still messes with you hormones and is probably why you're feeling a down in the dumps. I know how you feel, the end of the diet can seem such a long time away, but look at it on a grander scale. How long have you tried dieting for in the past? Personally I've spent 4 years trying to shift the weight, but only ended up putting more on in the that time. So the six or so months it will take to do CD is like a drop in the ocean.

You know that the only person who can alter the way you see yourself is you. I'm sure you look amazing, so start thinking a bit more positively and have more confidence in yourself. Sorry if that sounds tough

Love and hugs hun, I'm sure you'll be brighter soon x

Lexie, sorry you're having a blue day. Sometimes there is no logic in it, we just feel bad, and size/ weight-loss has nothing to do with it. I don't think the migraine will be helping, though. I'm having a tough day too, ate too much at lunch and now I am out of ketosis and hungry, serves me b****y right. I seem to be OK to stay 100% for 4 or 5 days, then a little voice inside me just wants MORE.

Well, I won't give in - will take my extras this lunch and deduct them from my 1000 cals plan, even if it means I get just one quorn piece for tea. I won't let this beat me. You mustn't either... you are doing SO WELL. You have come a long way, but your head hasn't quite caught up with that yet. And I lost about 3 stone before I really began to look different & need smaller sizes, which sounds crazy but its true. Wish I could make it all better for you hon but just wanted to say hang on in there - and hugs.

xxx

Lexie Dog i am having a c*ap day today as well - do you think it's the weather ? it's so nice and sunning it's making us want to get this diet over with already!!

You have done so well and i think it's totally fine to have an off day afterall i had them before i was on a diet,
as lisa has suggested it could be hormones i guess thats;s what's wrong with me today ... i need to cover the mirror and hide the scales they are not important what's important is sticky to the diet 100% which you are !

hope you feel bit better later sorry not much help but it's made me realise we can't be happy all the time skinny or not lol xxxx

big hugs lexie. I'm having a sh**y day too, started yesterday and has carried on today, had a good cry in the shower last night, don't know if it helped or not. The miserable weather isn't helping either! hope you feel better soon, you really are doing great!

Thanks guys - sorry this was so negative - its really not like me.

Away for a shake and to watch some crap Tv with hubby.

Hiya Lexie....
Hugzzzzzzz
You know it's true sometimes life just comes and takes the p1ss!
Thing is, I think we get blown away by our initial losses and size change, but then as we look at ourselves everyday, we just don't notice the changes anymore~!
You scales tell the story...you are losing fat without a doubt....
I had a terible totm this time around and i felt really very down, but like I have been reminded, this diet releases all those hormones out of our fat cells and causes us to be emotional and irrational.. you KNOW this...
So.... you are not going to eat..... you have another good cry if it helps.. you rant all you like as we are all here for you.... then pick yourself up dust yourself off and carry on with your journey as though nothing has happened.....

Oh... and have another hug

x

Lexie, I just wanted to say that reading this thread has been really helpful as I too am feeling dreadful today. I have stayed on 810 but last night I was wide awake(again) and really teary. All these emotions and flashbacks are coming out. I didn't know that CD plays havic with hormones but I do now! I've said on another thread I am both hyper and exhausted at the same time which is mad. I wonder is this normal???
x
I hope you feel better soon, nice to be with your hubbie and have a cosy day

Totally. I'm now bouncing around the house, I want to go to Asda and go shopping for clothes later, and the cinema, and make dinner for people visiting tonight.

3 hours ago I wanted to go back to bed and cry. Never leave the house again. Get a takeaway and cancel the visitors.

I need to get a hold of myself. I thnk I'm losing the plot.

Thanks again everyone.

Hey Lexie sending you loads of positive vibes and hugs... I know Im a bit like Tigger today but remember me the other day when that womanat work gave me a compliment and it sent me dimented!!!!!

this diet does absolute wonders for weight but bugger all for hormones and moods!

If it makes you feel better I looked again at my pics on my WI thread and thought well I look like Ive lost but I still look fat whereas I feel about 2 st lighter than what i think I look like on those pics - the diet really messes with your head I tell you!!!!!

Glad you feeling perkier this afternoon and sending you a hug you have done so so so well xxx

Big {{{{{{{hugz}}}}}}} to you... I felt like this last week, dont know why, I have lost 29lb in all using WW, low carb and finally CD, and there is a difference, I know it, but last week I felt fat, I felt my fat was hanging over my trousers and I remember complaining about it all day, I just felt fat, but I didn't cheat and persevered and this week I feel better. We are bound to have down days, this is hard to do, but at the finish we will be in much smaller clothes (hopefully) and everyone will notice and comment. We just have to hang in there. Can you not give yourself a pamper treatment in the bath, listen to some music and read a book... or just go out and treat yourself to some new makeup or underwear....

Hey Lexie...
Hope you are feeling a bit better now..... Just wanted to send you big big hugs!! You are doing so fantastically well.. and I know some days are harder than others.. Im feeling considerably moody today I know my totm is coming very soon...... when I usually feel like this its at times I could eat!!! But its not going to help just make us all feel worse... Food isnt the answer !!!
Hang in there sweetie I am sure tomorrow will be a better day and the sun is going to shine!!!

Big hugs xxx

Hi lexi I am glad you are feeling a lot better now

To everyone else I hope you all feel better soon

Well I would just like to say I am having the mother of all days and it is my TOTM. I want to throw everyone out of my house even my DH and DD lay on the sofa and scoff till I drop. This is my first TOTM and I am truly hoping that they are not going to be as bad as this again.

Hugz. xxxx

{{{{lexie}}}} I had a few days feeling like that last week-I just don't post about them.It's the diet, it really is-messes with the hormones so much-but it's all worth it in the end.

mrs scoffalot-my first AF was a NIGHTMARE hormone wise...this time I was a bit tearful for 2 days, started AF last night, and so far so good :)

Thanks polish, I'm hoping it gets better. I have been spotting since I started CD but yesterday it came in full flow. I suppose it doesn't really help that the outlaws are here for a week and wondering why I am not eating. Bring on tomorrow.

Damn it!

So basically its just one of those things?

Rubbish one of thise things if it is,

but thanks all

Back