Having a Balti takeaway tomorrow..advise please?

Loops25

Hi all

I am treating myself to a take away tomorrow as it will be my bday :)

What do you suggest I have? I like most things but would ideally like low..ish syns ?

Cheers xx

Anything in a dry sauce would be best, and steer well clear of the naan breads!! You can always ask the staff to ask the chef to go easy on the oil, I'm sure they will oblige.

Not sure about Balti but when I go for an Indian I tend to have Tandoori Mixed Grill with salad and raita and syn some poppadoms.

Hope this helps a little and enjoy your birthday!

Happy birthday for tomorrow!

Red, green, EE?

I like a vegetable biryani - it's a meal in itself so you don't need extra gubbins. 11½syns (but I always aske them to use as little ghee as possible so I can save some syns!).

Poppadoms are 4 each, I think, if you wanted a couple. Have the onion thingy rather than any of the other chutneys on offer, tempting as they are!

I think birthdays are totally legitimate reason to use flexi-syns (which means going overboard but by a set amount, not just going bonkers and eating squillion syns a day!) but also, although it's hard with curry, I think you can enjoy your meal but stay in a reasonable amout of syns and still lose :)

Enjoy yourself!

Tandoori is the best bet as it is baked and not cooked in oil, have plain rice, a salad, syn-ing some poppadoms is a great idea too. Your alternative is to use flexible syns and say i'm going to have a chicken balti, a naan bread and raitha, visit the SW site (or here) and get the syns and then stick to that amount. I have done this twice for various events and it's worked well for me, i have still ost on both occasions despite having everything i wanted including a really nice ice cream follwing a thai meal!

I will be doing extra easy day, i have just seen that Lamb Rogan Josh is 6.5 syns? is that right..seems low to me? xx

Back