Having a fat day

anne-mariep

Silver Member
Ok so ive decided something is wrong wit my brain haha i know im very dramatic but hey dats me!

Ok so my problem is everytime i get into a smaller size i tink im fat again coz the clothes actually fit me unlike the old clothes dat are now huge on me. its like my old clothes tell me ive lost weight and other people but my new clothes dont they make me look dare i say it normal. haha! i wore a size 12 trousers 2day for the first time since i was 12 now albeit they are a big size 12 but still i shud have been delighted but all day i was seeing myself as fat.

Does anyone else have this problem??? I think actually putting on clothes dat fit is making me feel fat hahaha!

YES! I get that all the time! I just bought age 13-14 clothes [insert embarrassed face here] the other day and then look in the mirror and because they're not totally baggy I feel like I've lost no weight at all.

It's weird what our mind does to us...

x

how in gods name did you fit into age 13-14 clothes hahaha! wat size r u?

It was just tops and a jacket I got in the New Look kids sale! I reckon their kids clothes must be quite big!? I just thought I would try them on because they were cheaper and my mum said they looked like they would fit and lo and behold they did! I'm a size 10 on top and 10/12 on bottom!

x

wow your pretty small for your weight! well im bigger i tink than normal haha!

I think my legs still look huge in the mirror when i'm trying on clothes. I noticed that in Asda on monday, they were actually selling size 11 and 13 jeans in the ladies section. That would b great if you end up an inbetweenie size : )

hay anne marie i think the thing is were big we get so use to buying bigger baggy clothe to cover it that now you lost weight and the clothes that you are buying are more fitted and your not used to seeing your shape it a brain thing i thk . but good for you must fill good to go out and buy smaller clothes . one of my goals is to be able to buy clothes in primark . sad ant it lol

Well I agree because once you get used to your new weight you feel big again. I hate that.

i think we settle into our bodies very quickly and i agree that once you buy clothes that are more fitted and smaller you feel like you're filling your clothes which means it is just a psychological reaction.

totally get it tho, i feel much slimmer in my baggy clothes! to be fair tho the size 18s i'm wearing today are pretty much indecent without a belt and with a belt its all gathered at the waist which probably isnt doing me any favours!! nevermind! xx

Hiya

I'm not at the stage yet where I need to buy new clothes but I do remember reading some articles a while back about the psychological effect of losing so much weight. Apparently after we have been overweight quite some time and then lose it quickly our brains have a hard time adapting to our new size and so we still think of ourselves as being big, even though the scales, the new wardrobe, the mirror shows we are slim(mer).

Maybe this is where the BMI comes in handy, if your BMI is in the normal range then you *know* you're at a healthy weight, regardless of what your brain is trying to tell you!

Congratulations on getting into those size 12 trousers, can't wait to be able to share than feeling with you in the future!

come on girls you are both size 10 and size 12 and you still feel fat omg!!!! it must be a brain thing!!! tell your brains to get a grip please!!!! you've done soooo well just enjoy it ok!!!:)_

Not really a size 12 yet im really a 14 just was lucky to get into a 12 but your very right i need a kick but i still feel the same size i guess my brain just hasnt caught up yet.

Hiya

I'm not at the stage yet where I need to buy new clothes but I do remember reading some articles a while back about the psychological effect of losing so much weight. Apparently after we have been overweight quite some time and then lose it quickly our brains have a hard time adapting to our new size and so we still think of ourselves as being big, even though the scales, the new wardrobe, the mirror shows we are slim(mer).

Maybe this is where the BMI comes in handy, if your BMI is in the normal range then you *know* you're at a healthy weight, regardless of what your brain is trying to tell you!

Congratulations on getting into those size 12 trousers, can't wait to be able to share than feeling with you in the future!

Your dead right! the psychological effects of this diet seem to be very important so dats why i posted this coz i knew other people wud prob feel the same.

You will be telling us all bout your clothes dropping off soon just be patient. I never thought it wud happen some days i dont believe it is!

Back