Having a sulk

Im 26...nearly 27...and yet im sat here sulking like a 6 or 7 year old!

I really want to go away on holiday this year but can't afford it. Everyone elses holidays are coming around and it's all i'm starting to hear about. Im proper jealous!

So yeah, i'm sitting here, having a good sulk whilst eating pickled onions. Meh!

Oh well, sorry for the rant, happy Tuesday all xxxx

You live in a part of the world that I would happily have a holiday in. I love Suffolk. Why not go to your local tourist office and pick up all the free leaflets and plan yourself a holiday at home, doing all the touristy things I bet you don't have time to do normally.

You have interesting museums in Ipswich, the Waterfront area, boat trips, etc. And you could go to Long Melford, Lavenham (my favourite town), Blythburgh church and Southwold, Dedham Vale and Flatford Mill.

Start here: Visit Ipswich > Home

I'd kill to own our property, but i am happy for now.. on one hand i feel like i know my OH inside out, but then we really are still getting to know each other, we'v been together two and half years but were very aware than we may discover we hate each other at any time haha.

Yes, one of seven, with 3 more recently discovered half sisters :eek: 5 nieces and 1 nephew!

After previously owning a property and now I am renting I tend to look at my rent being a fee to have the responsibility taken off me rather then money going nowhere - least I know if my boiler dies or my roof blows off its my landlords money that has to fix it not mine ;)

I live in a beautiful part of Cornwall, close to the Eden Project. The beach is within walking distance, there's a forest behind my house & lots of countryside, yet I still crave a holiday every year. We're constantly on a tight budget so I try to holiday as cheaply as possibly.

The year before last I saved my Tesco Clubcard vouchers & got us a seven day holiday to France. It paid for our ferry crossing and seven nights' accommodation in a French Life caravan near Disneyland Paris. I also used Clubcard vouchers to pay for tickets to Parc Asterix.

Last year I used the Clubcard vouchers to pay for Merlin passes and we stayed at a travelodge for four nights. We went to Chessington World of Adventures, Thorpe Park & Legoland. It was great for us as we don't have those sorts of theme parks down here & we have great beaches nearby.

Do you have any Clubcard vouchers? If not, what about a cheapie Sun holidays break or similar?

Yeah we have cllected the tesco vouchers, used some back in may for the euro tunnel. need to carry on collecting them for next year's adventure.

Has anyone considered house swapping? I was looking into it as I knew i wouldn't be able to afford a holiday, and there are loads of professional companies that can arrange it. I figure that they have to trust you as much as you have to trust them, so shouldn't be any problems.

Unfortunately I lost my job, so i'm back living with my dad - Not sure he'd appreciate a random family living here for a week in exchange for my holiday!

Could you not put a couple of quid aside a week and then book a last minute holiday. My cousin and her boyfriend just got a week in Majorca for £98 each on a half board basis.

I've not been abroad since 2007, due to money and mortgage and all those horrible grown up things! Meh! But we still go away somewhere. My mum lives in Weston-Super-Mare and my dad lives on the Isle-of-Wight, so we often have mini breaks to either place. In fact, we have five days booked in July for dad's and I can't wait!!

Last year we did a weeks camping in Cornwall. I've been putting it off for years cos I couldn't bear the idea, but actually, I loved it! We stayed at mum's the weekend before and after, to break up the drive and we had a brilliant time! We had every kind of weather thrown at us (if it had snowed, I wouldn't have been surprised!) but still we enjoyed it! So much so, we're doing it again this summer! Ha ha! Holidays don't need to be expensive, you just need to plan ahead. We're members of the National Trust and the English Heritage (god, I sound boring! Ha ha! :)) so the membership cards and books are constantly in the car. My two boys love castles, so we have a few listed to visit again this year, as well as last year. It's what you make it, isn't it?

I live in a beautiful part of Cornwall, close to the Eden Project. The beach is within walking distance, there's a forest behind my house & lots of countryside, yet I still crave a holiday every year. We're constantly on a tight budget so I try to holiday as cheaply as possibly.

The year before last I saved my Tesco Clubcard vouchers & got us a seven day holiday to France. It paid for our ferry crossing and seven nights' accommodation in a French Life caravan near Disneyland Paris. I also used Clubcard vouchers to pay for tickets to Parc Asterix.

Last year I used the Clubcard vouchers to pay for Merlin passes and we stayed at a travelodge for four nights. We went to Chessington World of Adventures, Thorpe Park & Legoland. It was great for us as we don't have those sorts of theme parks down here & we have great beaches nearby.

Do you have any Clubcard vouchers? If not, what about a cheapie Sun holidays break or similar?

I've been to the Eden Project twice, in fact, once was last year, in the pouring rain! We soon dried out in the tropical dome! :8855: I'm very jealous, I wanna live that way now!

Back