Strawbs Summer Body ............. Coming Soon (I hope)!!

Strawbs28

Like so many others I have decided that 2015 will be MY year to get slim. For as long as I can remember my weight has been an issue and I have yoyo'd up and down, I spent my teenage years at around a size 12, then after my dad passed away and I had other tragedies My weight dropped to around 9 and a half stone and I was a size 8 but I looked ill (obviously because I was barely eating) This was in 2010/2011. By the time I fell pregnant again in 2013 I was 12 and a half stone I did well to eat healthy whilst pregnant but then I gave up smoking and started picking.

After having my son in april I was around 14 stone and by july I had got down to 12 stone using meal replacement and I then joined slimming world, I lost 2lb both weeks that I went but then I moved from uk back to Ireland in August and by the time we found a new house and settled in, got xmas over and done with I am now starting again as of 04/01/15.

I am following the plan from home at the minute, I had intended to go to my local meeting on Tuesday but the roads were awful with this weather we are having so im keeping my fingers crossed for next week. I could really do with the motivation and support that a class gives but for now I am starting this diary as a place for me to keep track of my food, have a rant (if needed), and also to copy and paste recipes that I want to try.

I turn 29 in May and I want to have nailed my weight by then (or at least nearly) so I can enjoy the last year of my 20's and head into my 30s leaving these issues behind.

Any support and advice is greatly welcomed :).

Hiya Strawbs, well done for starting over, and good luck with your journey.
I would always recommend going to a class and staying afterwards for more motivation... I am on my 3rd or 4th 'journey' AGAIN!! Ha... this time i'm doing it. :)

I'm here to support & subscribe to your diary!

Have a great week!

Welcome, Strawbs - your last paragraph really sums up how I feel; I'm in the last five months of my 20s now and I've spent the last year really working hard on my issues, feel as if I have cracked it slightly more now, and know 100% that I don't want all this hanging over me into my 30's - I've wasted enough of my life being fat and unhealthy!

Thank you both for the support :). I just keep having flashbacks to the last 2 summers I felt so fat and miserable, I was so annoyed with myself the summer before last for not having lost weight. I was sweating every time I moved and at every bbq I felt so flabby. The summer just gone I couldn't have done much more as I gave birth in april and to be fair I did crack on from may onward doing meal replacement and exercising but felt if I hadn't over done it so much before and during the pregnancy I could have made things a lot easier. Anyway that is my motivation and I will not be feeling that way this summer!

I am starting my Charlotte Crosby dvd in the morning, I have been doing a half an hour of cardio and fitness on my daughters dance central game every other day for the past fortnight just to get started with a bit of exercise but i'm dying to start tomorrow. Also having my 2nd weigh in in the morning so keeping my fingers crossed, I have been 100% on plan so please god it will show.

Ive been very good planning my meals for the next week, I went shopping Saturday and my fridge is packed to the brim with superfree and free food, plenty chicken breasts and nice lean meat too :). I am going to try diet coke and Fanta chicken, fake away doner meat (using lean beef though as butcher wanted 15 euro for 1lb of lean lamb mince :eek:), I even made some lovely little lemon meringue thingys this evening which are 4 syns each. my lemon curd was too runny but they were still delightful (I had 2 hehe) a nice way to round off my roast dinner.

Hope you both had a lovely weekend xxx

Day 1 of charlotte's belly blitz today, it wasn't easy - I was so hot and the sweat ran off my like water but I surprised myself because I managed 9 rounds ok and only really struggled with the last 3, pushups are soooo hard. I weighed in this morn so I'm 1lb down. I had hoped more but at least its a loss :). I made fakeaway doner meat and chips with garlic sauce and salad and coleslaw for dinner it was delicious I enjoyed every bite :D

Did day 2 of dvd yesterday and it killed, I seriously ached all over!! I was busy today and out all day but to be honest I was glad of the rest haha. I went back to slimming world last night and weighed in at 13st 5lb :cry:, more than my scales but i'm guessing probably more accurate than my argos value ones haha. Not all bad though because I got 2 boxes of hifi lights and boy had I forgotten how delicious they are :D, also ordered the fakeaway book for next week. I was in dunnes today and managed to get slender choice sausages so I cant wait to try them. Going to start keeping a food diary too starting today.

B: Apple, Banana, Aldi fat free greek style lemon yogurt.
L: Didn't have time for lunch but I had half a banana and a handful of lettuce that I grabbed out of the fridge.
D: Diet coke chicken with tonnes of peppers, mushrooms and onions, Brown rice.

Snacks: Vanilla and choc with cherry under layer muller (1syn I think),2 Hifi light bar (6syns)

HexA: Milk in tea
HexB: 1 Hifi light double chocolate

Syns: 7/15 (so far)

Hiya, just wanted to add in my support :) I'm following Slimming World too, so feel free to ask anything if you need. This is my second time around with it, worked brilliantly the first time, then let it all go and the weight crept back on. My own fault! But 2015 is going to be my year and will really stick to it for life now. :)

Thanks to you both :).

Sara I think that's the hardest thing isn't it, even though I can eat loads (more than I ever used to) Its still my mentality that im on a diet so I am trying to change that or else I know ill go back to old habits. For so long I used food to cheer me up, stop boredom etc so I am trying to drill it into my head that food is merely fuel to keep my body going.

Brian I haven't tried them yet, they had them in dunnes too and I was torn between them and the slender choice and picked the latter, I will try mallons next time. I must say the slender choice were lovely though, no comparison to the quorn ones lol it actually was like a real sausage!

Food so far today

B: Banana, kiwi, sasuma.
L: Fry up with 2 sausages, 2 bacon medallions, egg, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes. 1 slice dunnes better for you bread (1/2 HexB).
D: Ive got the slow cooker on for pulled gammon with syn free bbq sauce for dinner, might serve it with mash potato and some roasted veg :D.

Back