Having doubts!!

Thanks enjoyed my meal lastnight there was no talk about my weightloss etc.. bless my friend who is a size 8 but will normally listen to me drone on about it lol. I don't feel guilty this morning thank goodness just feel optimistic about the rest of the week.Mini goal is just the next 2lb off & buying one new item for my holiday hopefully in a size 16 :) I can fit into all my old size 16 clothes but be nice to buy something new,fingers crossed x

Amazing what a night "off", a good sleep, and a fresh mind can do for us.

So so glad to hear you're feeling better Tamkat! I think sometimes when "dieting" we obsess way too much over food, think about it, dream about it, plan it so much that we lose sight of it being about anything else (health, looks, feeling good etc), it's nice to have a night away from it, and it sounds like you're feeling really positive now :)

Thankyou ladies,perhaps I am a little rigid at times & it wouldn't hurt to take some pressure off myself lol I was 17.10 just before I gave birth & luckily lost nearly 2 stone within weeks then I messed around for the rest of the yr losing & then gaining the same 6 pound.My little boy is 10 months old today,I really wanted 3 stone off by his first bday june 9th but prob need to stop obsessing with numbers & just enjoy the journey x

Tamkat, my boy is a year old and I've really struggled with my baby weight. I say baby weight cos I was actually lost it all by the time he was 6 months old, but then I put a stone back on after going back to work full time! It is tough after having a baby. In some ways it made me much more accepting of my body, what it is capable of etc. But at the same time it is different inside and out and will never quite go back to what it was. I'm not just talking about appearence here, I had a c-section so have the pouch on my tummy now and I'm sure that some of my insides are in different places as well! There is also that feeling of expecting the weight to come off quickly after having a baby too.

How about instead of focusing on your weight and losing a certain amount, just focus on day to day eating healthy and exercising. I'm finding this is helping me, but I know it's not for everyone. I've joined online and am refusing to weigh myself until I get into the swing of it. Instead my goal is to be 100% on plan with Sw each day and walk a mile everyday. In the past I would get really demotivated if the scales didn't show a certain loss even if I had been 100% on plan, so this time around I'm putting a stop to it!

Thanks for the advice mrs cc,my tummy is showing no sign of going back to normal it was never flat even before I had kids but after 3 Im not sure what its doing lol, I def need to exercise more & tone up xx Not sure I could ever not weigh each week though it does keep me on track as I don't go to group xx

Glad you enjoyed your meal out

Getting a slimmer healthier body is not easy. I went away yesterday to my mums with hubby and kids. She made a sw friendly stew (she loosely follows sw from home) but there was 3 choices of puddings plus icecreams.

I actually excused myself and went I to the kitchen and made made a coffee and had a little whimper to myself whilst the rest of them 8 in total sat and ate the lot!! It would have been easy for me to eat it. But after a gain last week which was expected after Mother's Day and my birthday mid week I am 100% focused- but it was hard to walk away.

My children aren't young now 9 &12 but they still eat everything all day in the holidays!! But it's now for me about making choices w have low syn crisps in, cereal (which I don't like) and a huge fruit basket! Where as before I used to always think they needed naughty treats! Now they have to use their pocket money but then they tend to buy a magazine or something. It's nice knowing I'm helping them

Sorry kinda taken over your post!!

It's a long road this sw journey.

You can do it! We all can xxx

well done on resisting the puddings berryred its never easy! My older kids don't have pudding during the week anymore which they don't like me for but they will prob thank me in the long run,halfterms & weekends they do have treats but they have a lot more energy than me to burn it off x

Back