Having some issues

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
Ok, so its been a few days since my post explaining that i was leaving CD but i cant sleep for worry over eating properly.
I've been trying to follow WW but im finding that i'm giving in to cravings.

Amazingly i'm still the same weight as i was coming off SS, which is unusual cos every other time i've gained 5-7lbs. I'm finiding i'm terribly lethargic, getting spots(!), and I know that when i looked into CD I saw that it was right for me cos it teaches you how to eat practically from scratch.

Thing is, how do i keep the OH happy and go back to CD? is 790 the answer so at least i can have "an evening meal" with him?

Please help :( I'm having such a nightmare

(Oh, and KD - brandy & babycham= AMAZINGLY NICE!!! But you're still weird dahling!) xxx

Theres no harm in giving into cravings so long as you incorporate them into your points (if youre doing points).

I have to admit I found once I got into the swing of WW it totally changed the way I look at food and my diet in general, it really did help re-educate me. Its early yet since you changed over (but well done on not gaining anything - thats brilliant)

Why not have a look around the WW forum here too, especially the food diaries, youll be amazed at what people eat and still lose. Giving into cravings doesnt mean the end of the diet, or even a gain for the week - far from it.

Just given OH the Cambridge book to read xxx

Hi Leah
I think the 790plan sounds fantastic - I cant wait to get on to it myself really.
I think the key to all this is that SSing is only, if done properly, for such a short space of time. If you follow the steps, a normal lifestyle is merely months & weeks away & that is the key.
If you do it properly, you need never SS again and if thats what you want to do then you need to do this like it really is the last time ever.

I can possibly see a side of the coin of someone living with another in a yo yo of SS'ing and then eating and not doing it really really properly.

So maybe if you relook at where you are and where you wanna be and how long it'll take you to get there you may find your decisions a little easier.

Bless xxxxxxxxxx

Theres no harm in giving into cravings so long as you incorporate them into your points (if youre doing points).

I am doing points, and im doing everything in moderation but i'm terrified of falling into the trap of "1 packet of crisps will turn into 12"

My MIL has alzheimers and i've written her a WW menu to follow and she's now 20lbs down. I dont know why the hell i cant do it for myself

So maybe if you relook at where you are and where you wanna be and how long it'll take you to get there you may find your decisions a little easier.

Bless xxxxxxxxxx

Y'know, you've hit the nail on the head there. Depending if i follow the "ss till BMI 26" or "ss till BMI 25 + 1st" i'll be SSing for approx 8 weeks which in the long run isnt that long at all is it? Thank you for being sensible! xxxx

Hi babes

Sorry to hear you are having struggles with WW but I know what you mean, I went for CD so it would give me the break i needed to reassess my relationship with food. 790 could be an option by why not even consider 1000 or 1200 whereby you have your shakes and three meals a day which will teach you to structure your food into meal times? I have been quite content on 1000 and able to stick to it without being too tempted!!

Gx

Y'know, you've hit the nail on the head there. Depending if i follow the "ss till BMI 26" or "ss till BMI 25 + 1st" i'll be SSing for approx 8 weeks which in the long run isnt that long at all is it? Thank you for being sensible! xxxx

I struggled myself for a long time hun - unfortunately when you're the one caught up in the tangle, it aint always easy peasy to see whats really obvious. xxxxxx

I am doing points, and im doing everything in moderation but i'm terrified of falling into the trap of "1 packet of crisps will turn into 12"

My MIL has alzheimers and i've written her a WW menu to follow and she's now 20lbs down. I dont know why the hell i cant do it for myself

Being as focussed as you are you most likely wont fall into that trap, I know, Ive been there SO many times but when youre as determined as you sound Im sure youll find youll stick to it fine. Dont go into it looking for negatives though, look on it that if you DO want a bag of crisps you can have it. Youll find if you do stick with WW youll find your points become so 'valuable' you wont want to waste loads of them on things like crisps ;)

Youre in a difficult position with the way your OH feels, but youll get there, which ever diet you decide to stick with

Back