Having trouble eating enough syns

Mrbob

Hi all
I started SW a couple of weeks back and I've become pretty good with the plan. I've had 100% days since I started. I only do green and red days and cook a tea every night. I'm just having problems using syns.

I've never really been a chocolate or sweet type, and I don't really like the idea of just using up syns for the sake of it. I do like a couple of pints now and then though so I just take these off a weekly total of syns, which at 10 a day becomes 70. I still have over half those syns left though. Is this ok? Pretty much everything I've cooked is syn free, but I do record the syns if there are any.

Is it ok to carry on like this or is it best to start using them more?

My vice was always cheese, milk and bread you see, and I've managed to get my cheese addiction under control now thanks to the plan :D, and apart from my 350ml of skimmed milk a day for my numerous cups of tea, and the odd couple of slices of wholemeal (as part of HEXb) for a sarnie, I can't say I need any more dairy, so would be glad to stick to that rather than introduce some more as syns.

Thank you
Bob

I personally think it's good to have the syns. If your weight loss stalls further down the line then you have somewhere to cut back from.

You could have it in more 'normal' things, like using some syns to add oil or cheese to cooking for example. I'm not sure what the SW policy is now on weekly syns (It seems to keep changing!), but you could always save some up and enjoy some beers at the weekend guilt free!

I honestly find it hard too. I always save mine, not intentionally, it's just the free food fills me up. I usually have some wine on a saturday to compensate :) xx

Well I've always heard a glass of red wine a day is good for you. If I make that a glass of port instead that'd be 4 syns and some left over for a beer at the weekend :)

That's the beauty of SW - super ain't it!! :)

I'm like this(just wrote it down in my food diary lol) i'm green and i find what i eat(plus we get 2 lotsa of HEX a and b) fills me up so far today i;ve not used any and seeng i have my other hex b to have i'm saving that for tonight when i have my alpen light bars :D. The last couple of days i;ve been hovering around 7-9

My consultant has always said that you do not need to have all of your syns if you don't want them. They are there purely so you don't feel deprived and go off track. This is her take on it and I certainly never had more just for the sake of it.

You can save them up if you need/want to. I like wine at the wkend so quite happy to save up for that :)

Thanks for that it's really helpful. I always thought it was a must eat thing so to speak, like super free foods. I'll keep them there if I need them but won't have them just for the sake of it.

I can never understand how anyone cant use there syns up. I have no trouble! lol

I use a couple for some honey on my cereal in the morning, we have a planned pudding each evening, that i organise for 3 syns a evening.
I like a hot chocolate at bed which is 2 syns.

Things like tomato ketchup, mayo, sweet chilli sauce on stir fry all add up.
You could use oil to cook with to get some syns in.
I have coconut milk in my curry tonight.
It is best to use your syns, as there part of the plan. If at a later date your losses slow you have them to cut back on.

i'd try and introduce them to your meals through sauces etc, put mayo or mustard in a sandwich, tomato puree in some meals, maybe use some packet sauce type things, have a little extra cheese if you want it, go back up to normal size bread and syn one slice, full fat drinks instead of diet/no added sugar, little things like that

Back