Having trouble using up Syns

Wegle

Hi Everyone

Really hope that someone will be able to help me some ideas. I've been doing slimming world for a week now, I'm loving the plan and find it fits very nicely with my lifestyle.

The only problem I'm having is trying to use my syns everyday. My consultant said I should be having 10 a day but I'm struggling to even make 5. I'm on the green plan so am allowed 2 HEAs and 2HEBs. I find that I'm able to use these for the extra things I like such as cheese! The only thing I'm really able to syn at the moment is on the odd occasion I have HEB bread and I syn the flora or if I have one of the Inspired by.. Mullerlights which are only 1/2 syn.

I've read around here that if you aren't eating your syns then it's likely you won't have good weight loss.

If anyone has any good syn ideas please let me know. Things like chocolate are no good cos if I have one I will have the whole pack so I need ideas that still fall into the healthy eating idea but aren't in free foods or HEs.

Thanks! xx

If you only buy a small bar of chocolate, and only have one in the house at any given time, you won't be able to eat any more!

I often use my syns on cooking ingredients, oil instead of frylight, butter to cook scrambled eggs, cornflour, tomato puree, etc.

Or occasionally a nice prepared ready meal like those from M&S or Tesco Finest.

Thanks RegField. I hadn't thought about using some naughty stuff in cooking to use them up. I've gotten so used to using the slimming world alternatives! I did think about buying a pack of 2 finger kit kats as they are 5.5 syns each but I just know once I eat one that will be it!

you could buy a single cadbury's freddo for 5 syns
mmmmmmmm

If you can't eat them, maybe you could use them for something like fruit juice/smoothies or a glass of wine in the evening if you drink alcohol. Otherwise if you want to use it on 'healthy' things you could try dried fruit, nuts, seeds etc.

wegle its funny but I am having exactly the same problem! Didnt have any syns last night and thought I will have a choc highlight drink but was so stuffed from my tea and fruit I just couldnt manage it. Crazy isnt it? Just never hungry on S W, bring it on

I sometimes have an Aero Hot Chocolate for 4 syns its delish! Wish I had the same problem as you I always use up all of my syns! I love chocolate though and a Dime bar is only 7.5 syns hmmmm

i neva use my syns either... surley its not gonna stop us losin weight tho? :S well i hope not anyways cos its my first week aswell and the most syns iv used in 1 day is 2 xx

I have trouble some days as I incorporate syns into my meals and snacks and don't use them for treats. If I'm having a low syn or free meals then it's hard to include them too, some days are up, some are down but for the moment I'm not worrying about it. I can always change my stuff around if the plan stops working for me.

Back