HEADACHES

dotbirch

hi there, i'm on day 3 now and really struggling with the headaches - I've taken tablets but its still there - how long do these usually last - I'm not sure I can keep this up if these continue much longer!

I'm usually in ketosis by day 4 and the headaches go away then. Some people take until day 5, but I think it is rarely longer than that. Try and drink some more water (hard, I know) but some of the headaches may be down to a touch of dehydration. Keep going - it really is worth it.

Answer
Occasionally, during the initial three days a person may experience carbohydrate withdrawal and may develop a headache. This is a temporary effect and should be tolerated. A simple tablet for headaches, for example paracetamol, taken for a day or two will improve the problem. Insufficient fluid intake could also cause a mild dehydration, and ensuing headache. Ensure that the recommended amount of water is drunk.

Source: Cambridge Weight Plan: Consumer FAQs: Side Effects: Why do I get a headache on Sole Source?

Along with carbohydrate withdrawal...a change in caffeine intake can also cause headaches.

The first week is the hardest and once you are in ketosis it will make the diet that bit easier.

for me it was the 1st 3 days had a headache and it was like having a heavy cold and tired but once day 4 came was a diffrent person

I've done it - I've found the answer - I've just had an expresso and my headache has cleared - I feel hungry for the first time cos the headaches were so bad they were making me feel nausious!

I can see the light ahead now - phew!

oh my goodness, honestly since I've had the coffee I feel like a different person! thanks for all the advise

Back