• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

HEADACHES

dotbirch

S: 15st5lb C: 13st2lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30.6 Loss: 2st3lb(14.42%)

Tinley

S: 12st13lb C: 12st1lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 30.9 Loss: 0st12lb(6.63%)
I'm usually in ketosis by day 4 and the headaches go away then. Some people take until day 5, but I think it is rarely longer than that. Try and drink some more water (hard, I know) but some of the headaches may be down to a touch of dehydration. Keep going - it really is worth it.

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 16st3.5lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 1st12.5lb(10.43%)
Answer
Occasionally, during the initial three days a person may experience carbohydrate withdrawal and may develop a headache. This is a temporary effect and should be tolerated. A simple tablet for headaches, for example paracetamol, taken for a day or two will improve the problem. Insufficient fluid intake could also cause a mild dehydration, and ensuing headache. Ensure that the recommended amount of water is drunk.
Source: Cambridge Weight Plan: Consumer FAQs: Side Effects: Why do I get a headache on Sole Source?

Along with carbohydrate withdrawal...a change in caffeine intake can also cause headaches.

The first week is the hardest and once you are in ketosis it will make the diet that bit easier.

Fisherman

Silver Member
for me it was the 1st 3 days had a headache and it was like having a heavy cold and tired but once day 4 came was a diffrent person

dotbirch

I've done it - I've found the answer - I've just had an expresso and my headache has cleared - I feel hungry for the first time cos the headaches were so bad they were making me feel nausious!

I can see the light ahead now - phew!

dotbirch

oh my goodness, honestly since I've had the coffee I feel like a different person! thanks for all the advise

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World 7
Shake That Weight 8
Cambridge Diet Returners 2
Lipotrim Forum 1
Lipotrim Weight Loss Diaries 19