heading for a gain :(

ColJack

Gold Member
I think I'm headed for a small gain this week ( if my home scales can be believed.. ).. :mad::(
I must stop buying stuff to "fill in" my syns..
I bought krackawheat so that I could have 4 a day with some HeA cheese ( 6 syns for the 4 crackers ) and I've eaten 2 packs in 6 days... :eek::break_diet:
I also bought some 2 finger kit kats for a daily "treat" for 5.5 syns each..
then there's the alpen lite bars and now I've run out of them, the fibre plus bars... all not good if you have extra ones...

So next week I will be going back to week 1 and having my chicken dinner every night and no extra syns... ( gravy with dinner ), and I'll see how that goes.. :sigh:
I need to put all the extra syn stuff into a bag and put it in the shed tomorrow night..

You've lost a total of 85.5lbs Coljack, that's such an awesome achievement. One little slip up of a gain isnt nothing compared to how far you've come. You know the plan works, but dont restrict yourself of things, if i did that id want them more :(

I hope this coming week is better for you x

Don't be so hard on yourself, you're human, not a dieting machine. Most of us will slip up on the way to target, it's sticking with it that sorts the men from the boys!!

Well done for admitting it...I have had 2 gains (2.5lb and .5lb) it was what I "needed" to get back on track.... for me that means a food diary and lots of home-made soups and laying off the carbs.... extra easy doesn't do it for me as I toil with the 1/3 superfree. My wee mammy has stuck to red and has lost 17lb in 5 weeks, you obviously know what works for you after an amazing loss, good luck pal xx

hiyer, have to agree, don't beat yourself up, you've done so well, just draw a__________, start fresh after weigh-in, allow yourself some sins each day, as that's when you start to waiver,, good luck for wiegh-in:D

If I remember rightly you were trying different foods and amounts etc because you weren't happy with a loss you had had. I have found this necessary at times along my journey and sometimes what I try pays off sometimes it doesn't.
Is there any way you could get a balance between the meals and low syns you were having before and what you have had this week if it is a gain as you fear? I seem to remember reading that last weeks loss was a happier one for you? Do you keep a diary of what you eat etc?

Hi new to mini mims but not to slimming world...
I have had a few gains on slimming world but I have noticed that it does take a lot of bad eating to gain a huge amount of weight back. Im often surprised when the scales reads up one.... im thinking that should be up 4! Guess still trying to get my head out of the DIET zone and into lifestyle change.
one bad day wont hurt a good week

Look at what u have achieved so far..your an inspiration :) just forget this week and dont dwell on it im sure it will make u even more determined for next week!!!

I think everyone has their own way of doing SW, stick to what you know and what's right for you and you'll be fine :0)

Good luck with your weigh in love. If it's any consolation im only on week 2 this week, 2nd weigh in tomorrow and I've jut sat and ate quarter of a large galaxy bar :( I'm dreading weigh in tomorrow, and praying that I still have a loss... Even if it is just .5.

Good luck.

Your overall weightloss is amazing and one WI isn't going to change that!
Meanwhile, do you still have time for some damage limitation - lots of water, lots of speed food, no salt - it might all help!!
Good luck for WI x

Hopefully you would have got all that eating out of your system now. To be honest, i never buy stuff in for Syns... just because I know that I can't be trusted - well, I can be trusted and be good for weeks and all it takes is one teeny weeny blip to blow all my good intentions and willpower completely out of the water.

We are only human and for goodness sake - you only over indulged on a few extra syns... as people have said, draw a line, get a grip! and move on...

You've done so amazingly well so don't go beating yourself up about it.

Also - nearly finished - i think we lose all common sense when we are following these plans... so you ate 2 two finger kit kats or maybe more... a couple of months ago we wouldn't have batted an eyelid (not that we ever want to go back there). But looking at the big picture - it's not the end of the world.

well that was unexpected.. I've actually lost 1.5lbs this week...
last night when I started this thread my scales at home had gone UP 1lb from what I was last week before weigh in, tonight when I got home before weigh in it said I was DOWN 2lbs ( my scales don't do halves so are between 2 and 2.5 lbs lighter than the SW ones so it's always a little bit of uncertainty when I go to WI but I have a general idea.. )

so it just goes to show that scale hopping is no use and that weight can fluctuate from one day to the next..

thanks for all the messages of support anyway.. I'll save them for next time I slip... :)

I will limit it to twice a week at home.. once on monday morning to see where I stand "mid week" so I know if I need to nuckle down, and once on WI night so I have a rough idea before I go..

Back