Heading for failure or not.

chocaslim

adores posting
Hello everyone,
I have just turned down an offer for sunday lunch out at a pub tomorrow from my hubby. He was fine with this when i explained i'd be tempted to go over my syns and would prob want a pudding as well but didnt want to ruin my WI on Tuesday I also said im hoping to be at target by easter and will treat myself to an easter egg next month and he said we can go out for dinner on my birthday in may instead.
What i want to know is does anyone else find themselves saying i wont have (such or such) until im at target or i cant wait until i reach target then i can have that huge cream cake (only an example) just wondering because im scared that when i reach target i'l put all tha weight back on again with the rubbish i was eating before. i'd really appreciate your advice/answers.

I always give myself a little "treat" after WI, that way i dont feel like im loosing out! x

I do, but I know it'll be 'I'll have that massive cream cake today, but will then not overeat the rest of the week'. I am hoping that this will be a healthy, normal way of eating when I get to my final target.

Hi, I read your post with interest !
After looking at your history of posts am wondering how you have managed to get to the point that you are at as you seem so indecisive with all the swopping of diaries and changing thread topics.
For anyone trying to follow your progress they would have to continually search your profile to find you!!?!
That sounds very judgemental of me but I do mean it with the best of intentions.

Well done in getting as far as you have but do think you are being very hard on yourself ( and poor hubby)! Give yourself a break and have a treat now and again. That will be the ongoing truth when you eventually get to your target weight.

All the very best to you...:)

So what you're saying is that you're afraid that you will get to target then put it all back on because you've promised yourself cream cakes and Easter eggs etc?
I think you are right to be worried about this mindset because you know that you will still have to watch what you eat when you've reached target or the weight WILL plie back on. However, you will be able to eat more when maintaining so it's a question of prioritising what you're going to have and being able to stop and say no to some other things.
You should really be practising for maintenance now, by going for lunch and not losing control and going over syns etc.

Lots of people set themselves goals, you can do it for food or treats like a spa day etc, myself and my friend are having a piece of cake every 2 months but Iam so looking forward to it

day 1 - 15st 7lb joined sw online 9/3/11

Slimming World also promote flex syns....this is why! x

Hi everyone thanks for all your comments and advice thats why i love sw. ive taken all your advice on board which makes a change x thank you.:)

Hi, I read your post with interest !
After looking at your history of posts am wondering how you have managed to get to the point that you are at as you seem so indecisive with all the swopping of diaries and changing thread topics.
For anyone trying to follow your progress they would have to continually search your profile to find you!!?!
That sounds very judgemental of me but I do mean it with the best of intentions.

Well done in getting as far as you have but do think you are being very hard on yourself ( and poor hubby)! Give yourself a break and have a treat now and again. That will be the ongoing truth when you eventually get to your target weight.

All the very best to you...:)
Hi emmaline thanks for your comments judgemental or not its true.
when i first found minimins i think i followed every diet plan on here lost and then gained luckily i joined sw in jan this year and have had a loss every week since so i think thats motivating me to stick with it i still browse other threads and diet plans on minimins but as yet havent started any and hoping not to sw is the best and everyone here including yourself are very supportive.

When I'm at target if I wan't something like a piece of cake or a pudding I'll syn it, eat it (even if it's 50 syns) and just carry on food optimising. Okay I may gain weight that week but then I'll lose it the next. Good luck :)

I think it why it's so important to keep going to class when you're at target.
Life goes on and sometimes you need to have a good night out, or a big fat cake etc.
If you get on the scales and you've gone up a pound or two you will pull back the next week, lose a pound and be back on track. Without that weekly weigh in, a cake one week can easily turn into old, bad habits.
I know for sure I will be carrying on with class when I get to target!

I've been terrible this time for trying every diet going - i've done tfr, ww, slimfast - everything! Still, for me sometimes a change is as good as a rest and although my weight loss has been VEEERY slow at points I have never given up and always find myself back at slimming world in the end!

Back