Health Benefits

barbs1965

I have been reading a lot of the posts and have been encouraged by everyone's weight losses and NSV's, I have been following the diet for 3 weeks and have lost 4lb and have had comments about losing weight which is really encouraging. But another reason I am doing the diet is because I have read it helps asthma. I am asthmatic, not bad but it would be nice to see an improvement. I have read somewhere that it takes about 6 weeks before any improvement is seen. The reason I have started this thread is to see what health benefits people have had since judding. Do you find that you have more energy? Is it helping people with arthritis or asthma or any other conditions? I have found that when I am struggling with DD I try to look at the longer picture as well as what the scales will show. It would be nice to not feel any tightness in my chest and I also have some thoughts that if my asthma does improve I may try to start jogging.

Hi I have moved your thread to the general juddd thread ;)
I suffer from an as yet undiagnosed joint problem, weight bearing and non weight bearing joints are affected. I have been doing juddd for nearly 6mths now and have seen a big improvement . Not just in the weight bearing joints which would improve with weight loss whatever the diet but most noticebly in my wrists, I feel generally very well , have lots of energy which is unlike me so in short I would say yes, I have seen improvement x

Hi Barbs

I have been asthmatic since I was a Bubba. It's controlled by meds BUT I hate taking the meds.

I have a three year old son who, unfortunately, 'gets his chest from me' and also has to take daily meds and has already been hospitalised by his asthma; this makes me very sad.

To answer your question, then (finally!). When I follow JUDDD properly (controlling my UP and DOWN day calories), I feel completely amazing, exhilarated, invincible and I don't need my relievers.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I'm going to keep on with this 'experiment' and hopefully, I'll ditch the meds forever, continue to feel great, 'teach by example' to my son AND lose weight! What's not to like? :D

P x

I'll get out the list of things I have wrong with me..... At he grand age of 26...lol

Plantar fasciitis - definitely improving but could be down to weight loss
Arthritis - a little bit of improvement, not significant enough to say yes
Psoriasis - not really applicable as it was very acute but under control with meds
Mystery inflammatory lung condition - slightly better
Chronic migraines - now next to nil, from pretty much daily.
Ibs - actually a lot better but I take pyschillum husks to keep me regular on juddd.
Raynauds - no change but it is quite bad in general

Stress often exacerbates medical problems. Just feeling better in general goes a lot further than you'd think. X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Is great to hear your plantar fasciitis is improving Hannata, I've had it for a year with some slow improvement, but am really hoping this might speed it up. Also have a bit of arthritis in the finger joints, and a 15 year neck problem that I'd love to see a positive change in!

My asthma has also improved, have so much more energy. Hardly need to take my inhalers these days, except when I have an alcoholic drink for some reason, especially wine.

IBS - I go more regularly :)

but I'd love to notice asthma difference! Not yet.. although I've been terribly recently and not on the JUDDD wagon and my asthma has been acting up like no bodies business!! I felt like I couldn't breathe today reading books to the kiddies!! :( so I reckon there must have been an improvement on JUDDD when I did it..

Back